Author Topic: Russillo: Celtics Will "Aggressively" Try To Trade Into Top 10 Of Draft  (Read 14218 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Aren't we always trying to get into the top 10 around this time? When we don't already have a top 10 pick of course.

When we are outside the top 10 we are trying to move into it, when we are in the top 10 we are trying to trade up all the way to #1...and when we are #1, we are trying to trade down.

I think that about covers it.
yup. I remember Ainge tried to move up for Royce white, Austin rivers, and justice Winslow

Lol

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Aren't we always trying to get into the top 10 around this time? When we don't already have a top 10 pick of course.

When we are outside the top 10 we are trying to move into it, when we are in the top 10 we are trying to trade up all the way to #1...and when we are #1, we are trying to trade down.

I think that about covers it.
yup. I remember Ainge tried to move up for Royce white, Austin rivers, and justice Winslow

Lol

Thank you MJ for turning down Ainge and his offer of a ton of draft picks for Winslow...

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Ainge does every year...no big story here
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Ayton only one i want and thats not happening
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Ainge does every year...no big story here

It's all we have....

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
If this report is true, then I think these players may be Danny's target:
1. Doncic - A premier point forward, who seems like a no brainer in Brad's system.
2. Bamba - An athletic defensive center. This is intriguing as it would allow the Celtics to be less reliant on needing to extend Horford to another high price contract.
3. Porter Jr - He was the consensus #1 pick before his back surgery. If the surgery was successful, he could be another steal for Danny.

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
Same bull every year. Danny will low-ball people for draft picks, act surprised that no one wanted to trade, and nothing.

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Would love to move up high enough for either Porter, Bamba or Carter at 6, 7 or 8. If the "aggressively" rumor is true, I'd say do it.

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
for who?  :o

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

For the next Kelly Olynyk

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I would certainly love to snag Bamba, but at what cost?  that is a lotta trading up to get in that range...

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

For the next Kelly Olynyk

People look at that the wrong way, you should only judge that pick based on the trade. Did Ainge win that Mavs trade or not? If he did then people need to stop crying over the spilt Giannis, if he didn't, then you should be talking about the Mavs winning the trade (BTW, had we stood pat Giannis would have been gone anyway).

Anyway, KO was a good pick at 13. If Danny had to relinquish everything he did that day to get us another KO for our team now, I'd bet he'd do it in a heartbeat. He gave up nothing for a solid player.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
If we could get Carter with Rozier, our 1st, and the Kings pick, I would do it.

I think the most likely outcome for the Sacto pick is 7-12 next year.

Why not get a comparable pick this year at a position of need? His floor seems pretty high - already has an NBA-ready body and some perimeter game, high BBIQ, willing defender. He might plug in for 10-15 minutes right away and be ready to replace Al in 2 years when (if we are lucky) Jaylen will have earned a fat contract.

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Why not get a comparable pick this year at a position of need? His floor seems pretty high - already has an NBA-ready body and some perimeter game, high BBIQ, willing defender. He might plug in for 10-15 minutes right away and be ready to replace Al in 2 years when (if we are lucky) Jaylen will have earned a fat contract.

Whoa, I’m a huge Wendell Carter fan, but the Kings pick is a bridge too far.  I think the Memphis pick is also too much.  The highest I’d go is Rozier, #27, and next year’s 1st with top-4 protection.

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

Whoa, I’m a huge Wendell Carter fan, but the Kings pick is a bridge too far.  I think the Memphis pick is also too much.  The highest I’d go is Rozier, #27, and next year’s 1st with top-4 protection.
Not a chance the Sacramento pick isn't in play. It's the first of a few assets heading out if DA trades that far up.