Author Topic: Javale McGee????????/  (Read 2129 times)

Javale McGee????????/
« on: May 10, 2011, 11:03:23 PM »

Offline beantownballer34

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 3
Ok lets be realistic Odds are that the lakers r goin to get dhoward this offseason and most likely shaq is gonna retire after this season, we will be very weak at the center position so i believe thats going to be one of our main concerns this offseason soo i believe we should make a run at Javale McGee he has a great upside to him alot of potential, Good blocker n rebounder and is only going to get better and i think with the help of kg he can be just wut we need!!..Plus I think Mcgee and Blatche cant play together anymore n Big Baby could even start for washington. So I say we should try something like a sign n trade big baby for mcgee i think that would work... let me no what u guys think.

Re: Javale McGee????????/
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 11:19:33 PM »

Offline mc34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 40
There is no way in hell that the Wizards take Baby for McGee. I live in the DC area and McGee is regarded highly as a piece of the future around here. You're right in that Blatche and McGee don't coexist very well - the Wizards will likely try to move Blatche if they get the right offer.

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 11:24:08 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Yeah, McGee is considered a centerpiece for that franchise' future.

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 11:51:44 PM »

Offline get_banners

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 100
Also...I don't think the Lakers are going to be able to get Howard that easily. Otis Smith might be a terrible GM, but he's going to want more than a young big with potential, lots of injuries, and an emerging reputation as a dirty player with a low bball IQ in Bynum. My guess is he'd ask for Gasol plus either Bynum or Odom. If LA has to give up that much, I'm not that worried about them.

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 01:01:31 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Also...I don't think the Lakers are going to be able to get Howard that easily. Otis Smith might be a terrible GM, but he's going to want more than a young big with potential, lots of injuries, and an emerging reputation as a dirty player with a low bball IQ in Bynum. My guess is he'd ask for Gasol plus either Bynum or Odom. If LA has to give up that much, I'm not that worried about them.

I don't know if he'd ask for Gasol because that would be yet another long term contract to take on.

However, how about us getting in on the Howard mix and offering the Magic:

Rondo
Green
JO (probably has to be used as filler/expiring contract)
1st Rd Pick

for

Howard (only if he agrees to re-sign)
Nelson (expendable with Rondo in Orlando)

I don't think Orlando is going to realistically get much more than this. Green and Rondo are upgrades over Turkoglu and Nelson.

Nelson also has a very nice contract that will still keep us in active in 2012 Free Agency. Plus, we can then get cute and dangle Nelson to NO for Paul in a S & T that summer. We can give them Nelson, picks, and cap space which is slightly more than Cleveland and Toronto received for James and Bosh, and hope the allure of playing with Howard and Pierce is enough to land Paul.

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 02:09:58 AM »

Offline LancerQ

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
He's pretty good, but he has to shut his mouth sometimes.