Author Topic: pitching for oj mayo & al jefferson (&maybe cp3  (Read 5092 times)

pitching for oj mayo & al jefferson (&maybe cp3
« on: May 10, 2011, 12:25:21 PM »

Offline stylo617617

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 33
we have around 37 plus million in expiring contracts (kg,ray& j.o)

we have glen davis who will probably walk i cant see danny wanting to keep him so i see us signing & trading him for some value

those are the resources we have ,if we want to contend next year we must get creative
(SCROLL BELOW IF YOU WANNA JUST READ THE TRADE IDEA'S)
1st the easier player to get :Oj mayo
memphis was going to give him to indianna for peanuts & with tony allen emerging & rudy gay coming back next year & guys like sam young & vasquez fitting the roster better than him

he's a guy we can develop to be a star next to rondo & jeff for years to come

so im thinking sign & trade glen davis for oj mayo & convince memphis they can be the mini lakers with a 3 big man lineup in z-bo/gasol/BBD THATS ALOT OF BEEF! & with thier style of play i dont see why they wouldnt at least consider it epecially if we add a pick or 2

this can get a little tricky but its worth a try
Al Jefferson has clearly lost his way in both minnisota & utah since he's been traded theres nothing the city & himself would love would be to come back but we have no players AT all that utah would want aside from jeff but we cant trade him since he'll be the back up for kg & paul next year so all i can see is giving them is expiring contracts & probably 2 or 3 picks idk if they would but why not save money send ray's 10 mill & j.o's 6 mill & the salries heck add avery bradley to sweeten the pot

so...
glen davis & a 2nd rounder for Oj mayo

then ray's expiring contract & j.o's contract & avery bradley for all jefferson
(of course ray & j.o gets bought out & comes back)

the cp3 idea is pretty straight foward we'd have to somehow pitch cp3 coming to boston when he clearly wants to go to NY)
rondo*tear* & j.o's exp contract & 3 picks for chris paul

Re: pitching for oj mayo & al jefferson (&maybe cp3
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 03:02:45 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Pitching for a pile of decidedly average players? Dying to be the Denver Nuggets of the East? By all means.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 03:11:32 PM »

Offline mc34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 40
I'd love to have OJ Mayo but I don't think they'd ship him away for Baby. They already have a very capable backup PF in Darrell Arthur. Its also a proven fact that Al Jefferson is cancerous to any team's defense

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 03:11:59 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I love Al, but I don't want him back as a starter on the C's--both the 4 and the 5 position require more defense than he offers.

Thanks anyway.

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 03:12:50 PM »

Offline stylo617617

• Al Horford
Pitching for a pile of decidedly average players? Dying to be the Denver Nuggets of the East? By all means.
rondo/west
ray/mayo
paul/green
kg/green/mid level guy
al jefferson/j.o/shaq/vet min guy

not exactley the denver nuggets

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 03:21:23 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
The only problem with this is that Memphis is set with a great 4 man big rotation of Gasol/ Randolph and Arthur/ Haddadi.  They have no need for Baby.

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 03:31:02 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
rondo/west
ray/mayo
paul/green
kg/green/mid level guy

Yeah. This roster is not happening, in case you wondered.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 03:46:01 PM »

Offline stylo617617

• Al Horford
rondo/west
ray/mayo
paul/green
kg/green/mid level guy

Yeah. This roster is not happening, in case you wondered.

what roster has anyone on celticsblog presented & has happened? you'll be trolling thru threads for days my friend

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 04:05:48 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
what roster has anyone on celticsblog presented & has happened? you'll be trolling thru threads for days my friend
Believe it or not, after Ray Allen was traded, there were plenty of discussions about whether or not Garnett will be the other shoe to drop. And while some people were adamant that we shouldn't be giving up Al Jefferson (and, ahem, Gerald Green) for Garnett, there was never a moment of doubt that it was, in fact, a feasible trade. Coming to think of it, there was discussion in plenty to the same effect even before draft day.

While your scenario that includes getting Mayo and Jefferson while keeping Rondo, Allen, Pierce, KG, and Green is, for lack of a better word, quite delusional.

In the NBA, you don't get something for nothing. If you want Mayo or Jefferson, the discussion doesn't start without the names of one or more of the previous paragraph. Such is life... my friend.

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 04:19:21 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Believe it or not, after Ray Allen was traded, there were plenty of discussions about whether or not Garnett will be the other shoe to drop. And while some people were adamant that we shouldn't be giving up Al Jefferson (and, ahem, Gerald Green) for Garnett, there was never a moment of doubt that it was, in fact, a feasible trade. Coming to think of it, there was discussion in plenty to the same effect even before draft day.

While your scenario that includes getting Mayo and Jefferson while keeping Rondo, Allen, Pierce, KG, and Green is, for lack of a better word, quite delusional.

In the NBA, you don't get something for nothing. If you want Mayo or Jefferson, the discussion doesn't start without the names of one or more of the previous paragraph. Such is life... my friend.

Utah got Jefferson for nothing.

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2011, 04:37:07 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

Utah got Jefferson for nothing.
Utah got Jefferson for two first-rounders and a sizeable trade exception. Judging by the proposed lineups, the original poster wants to get Jefferson for _literally_ nothing.

« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2011, 04:38:19 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
i don think there is any realistic chance they trade mayo for BBD. that being said, i think memphis could benefit from having a veteran on that young team. in this case, allen could be a good fit on that team if they feel they could make a run with a conley/allen/gay/randolph/gasol lineup.

as for al jefferson, thanks for KG A Jeff, i dont want to see you in a boston uniform again.

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 04:51:09 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
A team with Rondo, Mayo, and Jefferson as the main parts sounds like a lottery team to me.

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011, 05:13:43 PM »

Offline stylo617617

• Al Horford
what did la give to up  2 get pau?

we have picks from clevland & the clippers plus our own
expiring deals ,& probably an exception from glen davis so... im not saying were going to go after those guys im just inferring what we have as sources to our advantage this offseason every post & thread on celticsblog are pipe dreams anyway

oh and u also havent shown me a suggested roster from anyone on this celticsblog that came to life

p.s. & a sacremento pick

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2011, 05:29:22 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
what did la give to up  2 get pau?
The better Gasol, that's what they gave up.