Author Topic: If we keep the Big three+Rondo for next year..which starting Centers can we get?  (Read 12764 times)

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
I would guess a power forward to back up KG and allow him to swing to the 5 spot. The question is will it be any easier for Ainge to afford a decent power forward anymore than a center. O'Neil, Kristic and KG at center is what I see. Also how much more money can Miami spend to build out their team? Doesn't their Big 3 take up a decent amount of their cap?

Here's a thought: use the trade exception from the Marquis Daniels trade to acquire Josh McRoberts in a sign and trade from Indiana.

Pacers can try to resuscitate the OJ Mayo-McRoberts trade with Memphis that fell apart on deadline day.

Indiana gets Mayo, Boston gets McRoberts, and Memphis gets considerations (future draft picks and cash, let's say)?

Note: this would have to happen after the upcoming draft/new CBA is released. 
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

Offline Army_of_One_Nation

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 44
Realistically, it would be hard for the team to offer a contract to a top tier restricted free agents and unrestricted free agents due to the salary cap. But, IMHO, I would like to see Troy Murphy, Jeff Green, Delonte West, Carlos Arroyo and Krstic resigned. I also would like to see Rayray not use his player option for $10m. With a roster looking like this: Rayray, RR, the Captain, KG, JO, Shaq, Troy Murphy, Jeff Green, Delonte West, Carlos Arroyo, Krstic, Avery Bradley, and replacing Davis with KMart and two other FA's or draft picks to fill up the roster, it will be competitive. I know, I like Davis as a player, too. But, KMart can bring a championship to Boston with his defense, tough guy mentality, and some pop from mid to short range.

If either Krstic or Murphy doesn't resign, Davis should be retained. And if those two do not resign, offer a contract to Josh McRoberts and Davis. Another UFA target I would like to see offered a contract is Al Thornton. He can play the 3 and 4, is young and has had no significant injury. 
"I've got a theory that if you give 100% all of the time, somehow things will work out in the end."
Larry Bird