Author Topic: Surprised by no rumors?  (Read 7716 times)

Re: Surprised by no rumors?
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2009, 01:38:19 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Pretty much the way I feel about this time of year, is when you don't hear any rumors, its because the gm's are to busy actually discussing something. So they don't spend time leaking rumors, posturing for the draft, ect.

We'll know soon though. I got a feeling somethings gonna happen.
I think Ainge is working the phones pretty hard but I don't see much happening. I think Washington was our most likely trade option, with them making a deal I don't see us moving Rondo or Ray. Although, I do think it is likely that we trade Scal and TA's expiring contracts. Rick Bucher said that he believes Amare will go before or during the draft, I'm interested to see where he goes.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2009, 01:42:25 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Pretty much the way I feel about this time of year, is when you don't hear any rumors, its because the gm's are to busy actually discussing something. So they don't spend time leaking rumors, posturing for the draft, ect.

I think Ainge is working the phones pretty hard but I don't see much happening. I think Washington was our most likely trade option, with them making a deal I don't see us moving Rondo or Ray. Although, I do think it is likely that we trade Scal and TA's expiring contracts. Rick Bucher said that he believes Amare will go before or during the draft, I'm interested to see where he goes.
The only non-rondo trade for amare would probably be amare for ray and perkins. And quite frankly i don't either team would want to do that trade.

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2009, 02:03:57 PM »

Offline Gemini

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16
SHHHHHHH BE VERRRY VERRY QUIET. I'M HUNTING WABBIT!!!

You Wascally Wabbit
Green 18!

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2009, 02:05:19 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Mr. Ainge, you have other GM's on lines 1-20.  Should I send some of them to voice mail?   ;)

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2009, 02:12:07 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

The only non-rondo trade for amare would probably be amare for ray and perkins. And quite frankly i don't either team would want to do that trade.
My bad dude, I just threw in the Amare rumor as a side not, didn't mean to make it seem like the Celtics were a destination.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2009, 02:15:03 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70

My bad dude, I just threw in the Amare rumor as a side not, didn't mean to make it seem like the Celtics were a destination.
Yah I know, ainge has shown some interest though, so i was sorta thinking and typing. I don't see a huge market for amare though. So you never know.

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2009, 02:15:24 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

I would guess either Minnesota or OKC. Both teams have a collection of high draft picks and later 1sts, plus expiring contracts, to offer Phoenix.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2009, 02:41:14 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
It's not really anything significant, but I was watching the ESPN Gottrieb Mock Draft and he mentions (sort of in passing) the possibility of Boston getting the #2 and picking Rubio. 

The implication there is that we'd trade Rondo to get the #2.  Maybe he just mentioned it as a far fetched possibility based on all the talk about Rondo trades, or maybe there's something more substantial behind that. 
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2009, 02:45:40 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
There are rumors aplenty.  We're just not getting the details.

Givony at draft express said:
Plenty of Rondo talk throughout the top 10.

http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/Jonathan-Givony/#Word-on-the-Street-June-24th-The-Latest-3283
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2009, 02:52:52 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/Jonathan-Givony/#Word-on-the-Street-June-24th-The-Latest-3283

Hrm...that's somewhat troubling.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2009, 02:55:42 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

What will be the mood around here tomorrow if the Celtics don't have Rondo but do have Ainge-fave T. Evans?
Mutinous, would be my guess...
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2009, 02:57:49 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
No way, I would take Evans over Rondo in a heartbeat.  He's a baller
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2009, 02:58:17 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Rondo = Good

What will be the mood around here tomorrow if the Celtics don't have Rondo but do have Ainge-fave T. Evans?

Yeah, I'd feel pretty mutinous. Especially if we got into the top 5 and picked Evans instead of somebody else.

- Doc Rivers

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2009, 03:00:37 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
Is anybody else surprised we havent heard any new Rondo Rumors today? I was all excited cause I thought I would have some good rumors to distract me at work today.  Instead...Nothing!

havent we heard enough BS the last few days to hold u over?

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2009, 03:01:43 PM »

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228

Yeah, I'd feel pretty mutinous. Especially if we got into the top 5 and picked Evans instead of somebody else.

Yeah, I've got no interest in "Tony Allen" Evans, especially if Rubio is on the board. I'm calling it right now. Rubio will have a much, much more productive career than TA 2.0.