Author Topic: Honeymoon over for Brad?  (Read 7921 times)

Honeymoon over for Brad?
« on: November 19, 2016, 02:55:08 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
does management start making demands? Do the fans and sports media turn on him? Does he bail for college if the heat turns up.

How should Celtics management handle this. Cuddle him so he does not bail to college, or [dang] the consequences and start demanding more production.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 04:23:54 PM by Ogaju »

Re: Honeymoon over for Brad
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 02:57:48 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
He's not bailing to college. He said so this summer: "I'll coach here for as long as they want me to coach here".

Let's wait until we're healthy, too. We played them very well for the first half. They did some Golden State things in the second half...you can only do so much when they've got it going.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 02:58:51 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Huh? He just signed an extension....

He is missing 2 key starters, this is ludicrous.

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 03:06:27 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
does management start making demands? Do the fans and sports media turn on him? Does he bail for college if the heat turns up.

How should Celtics management handle this. Cuddle him so he does not bail to college, or [dang] the consequences and start demanding more production.
How many games into the season are the Celtics? And how many of those has the team been at full strength? What is next, more "fire ainge" threads?

Oh joy, another over reaction thread.

Mods, can you simply merge all the overreaction threads into one mega thread please?

Thanks
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 03:35:18 PM »

Offline cons

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
i think this comes from the idea that this is the first time since CBS has taken over that we're seeing the team underachieve instead of over-achieve. 
  But really i think the idea that their not playing up to potential just comes from too much hype. they weren't actually that good last year - at least in the playoffs they were not v impressive. and they didn't change that drastically really since last year, although the expectations (for reasons that are unclear) went up a ton.

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 03:39:04 PM »

Offline Londongreen

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 4
Coach is fine, we are over achievers and now playing like we are a contender and can play lazy. We are the shortest team in the League and we have a rebounding issue and soft bigs and got Al who is not a rebounder waiting. Hate to miss old players but Sully and turner were something. Any medicore rebounding big would do, the d league is full of them.

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2016, 03:39:40 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
i think this comes from the idea that this is the first time since CBS has taken over that we're seeing the team underachieve instead of over-achieve. 
  But really i think the idea that their not playing up to potential just comes from too much hype. they weren't actually that good last year - at least in the playoffs they were not v impressive. and they didn't change that drastically really since last year, although the expectations (for reasons that are unclear) went up a ton.

I just think the hype went to their heads. Last year we were doubted for so much, players used it as fuel. This year, everyone has high expectations of us, so the players also think that they're now on an elite team. This team lives and dies with its effort.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2016, 03:55:01 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
Tyler Zeller getting punked on a nightly basis from every half decent big man in the league has a lot to do with the C's sucking....oh and all the injuries...not Brad's fault....Danny needs to get off his behind and make a big trade for some muscle up front.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2016, 04:01:54 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

How many games into the season are the Celtics? And how many of those has the team been at full strength? What is next, more "fire ainge" threads?

Oh joy, another over reaction thread.

Mods, can you simply merge all the overreaction threads into one mega thread please?

Thanks

I second this notion.  :)
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2016, 04:04:18 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
Tyler Zeller getting punked on a nightly basis from every half decent big man in the league has a lot to do with the C's sucking....oh and all the injuries...not Brad's fault....Danny needs to get off his behind and make a big trade for some muscle up front.

Zeller is this year's David Lee.

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2016, 04:09:56 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 540
Talent wins in basketball.  This team down 2 starters loses to this GS team probably 19 out of 20 times.

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2016, 04:21:46 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
Talent wins in basketball.  This team down 2 starters loses to this GS team probably 19 out of 20 times.

hell, this team even with 2 starters back will lose to that GS team at least 15 out of 20 times. really, the overreactions to this game are hilarious. did anyone seriously expect us to do well? i think a lot of people just have very high expectations since we've played them so well over the past 2 years.

that being said, the team does have an effort problem right now. gotta be better.

Re: Honeymoon over for Brad?
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2016, 04:28:01 PM »

Online BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
O.o this thread.

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2016, 04:30:48 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
Coach is fine, we are over achievers and now playing like we are a contender and can play lazy. We are the shortest team in the League and we have a rebounding issue and soft bigs and got Al who is not a rebounder waiting. Hate to miss old players but Sully and turner were something. Any medicore rebounding big would do, the d league is full of them.

It is the coach's job to manage expectations and make sure the players are focused based on their abilities, not the hype.

As to the Turner factor, I told all that would listen last season that Turner was an 'invaluable' asset because he was perhaps the only player on the team that could get his shot and get to any spot he wanted on the court. We should have kept him.

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2016, 04:33:53 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman

hell, this team even with 2 starters back will lose to that GS team at least 15 out of 20 times. really, the overreactions to this game are hilarious. did anyone seriously expect us to do well? i think a lot of people just have very high expectations since we've played them so well over the past 2 years.

that being said, the team does have an effort problem right now. gotta be better.

You really think this is an overreaction thread, when it only poses questions? The question is whether or not the honeymoon is over for the coach. It goes much further than one game.