Author Topic: Honeymoon over for Brad?  (Read 7921 times)

Re: Honeymoon over for Brad?
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2016, 05:17:30 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Brad sucks.  I say we trade him for a late 2nd or let him walk and begin chasing Kurt Rambis and Byron Scott asap.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2016, 08:33:46 AM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
coaching doesn't matter much in the nba.  tyrone lue freaking won a championship last year.  stevens message might be getting stale sure,  but it's not really his fault when he has a team full of scrubs.

Re: Honeymoon over for Brad
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2016, 09:13:35 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
does management start making demands? Do the fans and sports media turn on him? Does he bail for college if the heat turns up.

How should Celtics management handle this. Cuddle him so he does not bail to college, or [dang] the consequences and start demanding more production.
How many games into the season are the Celtics? And how many of those has the team been at full strength? What is next, more "fire ainge" threads?

Oh joy, another over reaction thread.

Mods, can you simply merge all the overreaction threads into one mega thread please?

Thanks

x

« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2016, 09:18:30 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
Talent wins in basketball.  This team down 2 starters loses to this GS team probably 19 out of 20 times.

hell, this team even with 2 starters back will lose to that GS team at least 15 out of 20 times. really, the overreactions to this game are hilarious. did anyone seriously expect us to do well? i think a lot of people just have very high expectations since we've played them so well over the past 2 years.

that being said, the team does have an effort problem right now. gotta be better.

Yea god forbid we get batter after umpteen draft picks, releasing players to open up spots and not coming up with decent trades because we wanna keep the b team together

« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2016, 05:14:48 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
does management start making demands? Do the fans and sports media turn on him? Does he bail for college if the heat turns up.

How should Celtics management handle this. Cuddle him so he does not bail to college, or [dang] the consequences and start demanding more production.

Who's doing more with less than Brad Stevens? Year after year Danny has brought in castoffs from other teams' benches and deeply flawed draft picks and asked Brad to make chicken pot pie out of chicken scratch.  The best acquisition Ainge has made while Brad was coach was for a 5'9 point guard who nobody else wanted.  Are we trying to pretend Jonas Jerebko, Kelly Olynyk, Amir Johnson, and Tyler Zeller are legit contributors on a contender?  The Celtics don't have a top five player at any position... I don't even know if they have a top ten player at any position.  They lack top talent in their starting line and they have NO talent on their bench.  I love Rozier, Smart, and Brown as prospects, but their combined age is 14 years old.  They're not beating professionals (no, not even professional bench players) on a consistent basis.  If anyone is taking an objective look at the state of the Celtics Brad's job is more than safe. 

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2016, 05:36:39 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
coaching doesn't matter much in the nba.  tyrone lue freaking won a championship last year.  stevens message might be getting stale sure,  but it's not really his fault when he has a team full of scrubs.
horford is a scrub? IT is a scrub? crowder is a scrub?

boy, tough audience here.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2016, 05:40:51 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
He is human too.  And apt to make mistakes and have good and bad days .  .....Just as Van Gundy made a critic mistake at the end of the game leaving his best defender and rebounder out . 

When players are missing on the court , then his game plan is vastly changed .....with several key players out.  He did all he could do.

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2016, 06:06:39 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
Stevens has:

Horford 27th rated player
IT 40th
AB 63rd

Out of a "top 100" rating I read somewhere.I guess Crowder didn't crack it.

Al has played 4 or 5 games so his impact has been limited. Stevens had Rondo for awhile when he didn't have a birthday party to go to.

From what I have observed in his tenure here in Boston I don't really think there's been a wedding for this guy let alone a honeymoon. Isn't Ainge supposed to give him a team first?

This year's team is solid compared to the last few, but, they've had about 6 games together, so is Stevens got his tux on yet? Or is he in the limo on the way to the church?

Who's he going to marry anyway? Zeller?

Honeymoon hasn't started yet, no plane tickets, no flowers, no bride...

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2016, 06:19:20 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324

The Los Angeles lakers have transformed from definitely laughingstock of the NBA to serious challenger to a playoff spot largely because of their coach. That's just the latest of a long line of examples that coaching DOES matter in the NBA, despite the resistance to accept this fact from armchair GMs on the internet who think they're tough guys and can do better than the GM of a professional sports team.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2016, 06:24:35 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
Talent wins in basketball.  This team down 2 starters loses to this GS team probably 19 out of 20 times.

hell, this team even with 2 starters back will lose to that GS team at least 15 out of 20 times. really, the overreactions to this game are hilarious. did anyone seriously expect us to do well? i think a lot of people just have very high expectations since we've played them so well over the past 2 years.

that being said, the team does have an effort problem right now. gotta be better.

Yea god forbid we get batter after umpteen draft picks, releasing players to open up spots and not coming up with decent trades because we wanna keep the b team together

First, learn how to quote. I've had to fix your problems, flybono's problems, and coachbo's problems way too many times. Sometimes I wonder whether you guys are all the same person

Second, please speak English. I can't take you seriously if you can't even make a clear argument.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2016, 06:33:10 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
The Lakers have a ways to go yet on defense. Fourth worst in points allowed and worst in opposing FG%. I think coaching is apparent in this statistical category.

Their offense is smoking though, but, remember what Red Auerbach would always said to the guy who had a 34 point night..."how many points did the guy you were covering get?"

(Dreaded Fakers have improved and looking forward to beating them as soon as the schedule allows 2/3/16.) 

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2016, 07:45:26 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
The Lakers have a ways to go yet on defense. Fourth worst in points allowed and worst in opposing FG%. I think coaching is apparent in this statistical category.

Their offense is smoking though, but, remember what Red Auerbach would always said to the guy who had a 34 point night..."how many points did the guy you were covering get?"

(Dreaded Fakers have improved and looking forward to beating them as soon as the schedule allows 2/3/16.)

Their defense does indeed suck, but you're right about the offense. It's really interesting: no Laker is averaging more than 30 minutes a game this season, and yet they have one of the best offenses in the NBA, and the best bench unit in the NBA too. Luke Walton has done a fantastic job with them offensively. It's also been their bench keeping them in games, and putting them in the playoff picture. I saw on twitter the other day that the Lakers second unit of Williams, Clarkson, Ingram, Nance, and Black has the best net rating among the NBA's best second units. Elite offensively and defensively. Wonder how long it lasts, though.

« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2016, 08:32:10 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Epic overreaction melt thread.

Good for a laugh though.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2016, 09:51:33 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
After three pages of this thread it is clear that the honeymoon is not over for Brad.

« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2016, 09:57:18 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
If anything, the onus is on Ainge now. Brad is doing about as much as he can with this mismatched, small roster. We HAVE to get more size in there.