Author Topic: Any STHs get into the playoff ticket craziness today?  (Read 5870 times)

Any STHs get into the playoff ticket craziness today?
« on: March 31, 2016, 12:08:09 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Don't know where other STHs were in the pecking order but, since I'm in the lowest seniority group, my window for extra tickets opened at 11am. Curious if others saw as much of a mess as I did. Normally, Ticketmaster will hold tix for a certain period of time when you click on them. Not so much this time around. I'd hold tickets, go to buy them and they would be gone. To make matters worse, I had to do everything on my iPhone, so there was a lot of fat-fingering going on. Finally ended up getting two in Section 18, but I was sweatin' it!

Mike

Re: Any STHs get into the playoff ticket craziness today?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2016, 12:19:38 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 406
Don't know where other STHs were in the pecking order but, since I'm in the lowest seniority group, my window for extra tickets opened at 11am. Curious if others saw as much of a mess as I did. Normally, Ticketmaster will hold tix for a certain period of time when you click on them. Not so much this time around. I'd hold tickets, go to buy them and they would be gone. To make matters worse, I had to do everything on my iPhone, so there was a lot of fat-fingering going on. Finally ended up getting two in Section 18, but I was sweatin' it!

Mike

Had the same issue and struck out. Every time I tried to hold they'd be gone, when I finally snagged a pair and went through the motions it error'd out. Pretty disappointed

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2016, 12:34:52 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
So I split a 10 game package with a couple friends and we are trying to get playoff tickets. My friend who is in charge of ordering them said he is waiting to hear back on pricing for the playoff tickets.

I thought they didn't go on sale until we clinched, but your posts have me confused. Can you explain please?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2016, 12:36:38 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
So I split a 10 game package with a couple friends and we are trying to get playoff tickets. My friend who is in charge of ordering them said he is waiting to hear back on pricing for the playoff tickets.

I thought they didn't go on sale until we clinched, but your posts have me confused. Can you explain please?

This is playoff strips for Season Ticket members. I don't think your friend would have had access.

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2016, 01:33:26 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
There was a delayed drop and I ended up with a strip in a low row in Section 17.
Not a huge fan of the baseline but pretty amped I now have all playoff games covered.

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2016, 03:07:03 PM »

Offline kmannhl1

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2

Mike

I had the same issues, had to use my IPhone as well.....eventually I just emailed my rep for help and he snagged me some extra seats....... 8)

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 03:08:56 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker

Mike

I had the same issues, had to use my IPhone as well.....eventually I just emailed my rep for help and he snagged me some extra seats....... 8)

Probably the easiest way to do it!

Mike

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 03:44:21 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney

Mike

You got 8 seats? Or section 8?
I was going to email my rep but considering everything was happening so fast I was nervous I would have struck out by the time he got back to me.

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 03:50:13 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker

Mike

You got 8 seats? Or section 8?
I was going to email my rep but considering everything was happening so fast I was nervous I would have struck out by the time he got back to me.

I had considered calling mine, but I was able to grab some.

Has anyone here been a STH for five or more years? Curious as to when their grab-bags started.

I think the 8 in the previous post is part of the smiley.

Mike

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 03:57:11 PM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
Could be high hopes but I wish the C's had a system where they allowed you to purchase tickets next to or close to your current seats considering this offer was for "extra's"
Obviously if the adjacent seats around you are STM's also it wouldn't work. I know the four seats next to mine are all general on sale, so in my case it would work.

I'd think the logistics of it are too tough, but if the thought behind it is to offer the tickets to friends/family/coworkers etc. then this thought makes sense so you'd be together.

Maybe instead of offering a frenzied approach, you can email your rep if you wanted to purchase an additional strip and he determines the location based on your seniority and current ticket location.

Either way I'm not complaining, more thinking out loud. I'm happy I have multiple seats for all the playoff games, at this point figuring out who gets them is the only problem.

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2016, 07:05:37 PM »

Offline Mike

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18
This is my 8th full season as a STH and my window also started at 11am.

I originally went for 5 in the balcony, but by the time I went to "hold" them, two were already unavailable.  So I picked a different 5 in the same row in a comparable section, and was able to hold on and purchase them.  They're on the other side of the aisle as my original five, so they aren't as close to center court, but I'm still happy that I was able to get the 5 additional seats.  I wasn't going to chance looking for a slightly better 5 once I had the ones held in my cart.

Don't know where other STHs were in the pecking order but, since I'm in the lowest seniority group, my window for extra tickets opened at 11am.

I wonder how they grouped the seniority levels if a 8-yr STH was in the lowest seniority level.  How many years have you been a STH?

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2016, 09:58:22 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
This is my 8th full season as a STH and my window also started at 11am.

I originally went for 5 in the balcony, but by the time I went to "hold" them, two were already unavailable.  So I picked a different 5 in the same row in a comparable section, and was able to hold on and purchase them.  They're on the other side of the aisle as my original five, so they aren't as close to center court, but I'm still happy that I was able to get the 5 additional seats.  I wasn't going to chance looking for a slightly better 5 once I had the ones held in my cart.

Don't know where other STHs were in the pecking order but, since I'm in the lowest seniority group, my window for extra tickets opened at 11am.

I wonder how they grouped the seniority levels if a 8-yr STH was in the lowest seniority level.  How many years have you been a STH?

This is my fourth year. My previous rep told me that the next seniority level began at five years, but maybe that's not the case or they've changed it.

Mike

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2016, 09:43:00 AM »

Offline kmannhl1

• Xavier Tillman
Celts clinched last night!   :)

Do tickets hit our accounts now?

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2016, 09:55:03 AM »

Offline jbpats

• Don Chaney
Celts clinched last night!   :)

Do tickets hit our accounts now?

Looks like I have both of my strips listed on my CelticsEx App and account manager.. so I think they hit!

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2016, 03:30:49 PM »

Offline kmannhl1

• Xavier Tillman
Do you also see your invoice for 16-17 regular season in there?  Weird, I only see the playoff strips in my account right now, not next year's regular season