Author Topic: Breaking News: TD Garden Parquet Covered in Sleeping Powder  (Read 1498 times)

Breaking News: TD Garden Parquet Covered in Sleeping Powder
« on: April 10, 2010, 11:35:24 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
How else do we explain the way the Celtics have consistently played with so much more energy and intensity on the road than at home?  How do the Celtics manage to show up for road games ready to fight hard but they can't put forth a solid effort on a Friday night at the Garden?

How does this team have the second best road record in the NBA but a below average home record?

The problems of this team have been well documented and much lamented on this board, but there doesn't seem to be a logical explanation for the disparity between road and home performance.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

Re: Breaking News: TD Garden Parquet Covered in Sleeping Powder
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 01:10:01 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Part of the difference may be chance. Part of it could be pressure to please the home crowd. Part could be lack of focus when driving in from home. It is surprising.

It would be interesting to hear what a sports psychologist would have to say on this, though I have no idea if their field is at all scientific.

Maybe they don't like the new Lucky? Or maybe they are demoralized this season because I didn't renew my season tix (good move!). Perhaps if they give me comps for next season, the team might do better.

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 01:49:54 AM »

Offline Trifecta

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • #18 at any cost.
This is just my opinion but I think this team just thinks it can step on the court and expect other teams to be scared and give them the W. This isn't 2008, we're not exactly intimidating as before, we don't command the same respect. This team may feel more of a sense of urgency on the road.. Who know's at this point though? Could be anything, and that's what's troubling.
KO and Zeller, aka Hopeless and Helpless aka the Twin Towers of Futility.

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 02:37:04 AM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
This is just my opinion but I think this team just thinks it can step on the court and expect other teams to be scared and give them the W. This isn't 2008, we're not exactly intimidating as before, we don't command the same respect. This team may feel more of a sense of urgency on the road.. Who know's at this point though? Could be anything, and that's what's troubling.
I agree with your thought and was thinking the same thing. Especially against weaker teams (injured rockets, nets, washington etc) the team probably thinks they can win with a half assed effort. Unfortunately they are often proven wrong.

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 02:39:45 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
So if we win the first round by breaking through at home, that means we can go 12 and 0 on the road over the last three rounds and win the NBA championship. Just need one first round win at home, I guess.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2010, 02:46:49 AM »

Offline Spilling Green Dye

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 115
You guys are kind of focusing on the negative.  Based upon their seeding, the Celtics will typically be on the road against the really good teams.  Since they have the 2nd best road record in the nba, I think this is great news.

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2010, 02:52:30 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
You guys are kind of focusing on the negative.  Based upon their seeding, the Celtics will typically be on the road against the really good teams.  Since they have the 2nd best road record in the nba, I think this is great news.

So you're trying to argue that the Celtics are better off as a lower seed because they'll play on the road more than they will at home?

::)
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 03:11:26 AM »

Offline OriginalODb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 31
I think its pretty obvious, The Garden is way too close to the North End so the Celtics load up on delicious pasta before the games and as a result are sluggish.