Author Topic: Celtics waived Landry, apparently.  (Read 5112 times)

Re: Celtics waived Landry, apparently.
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2010, 12:55:25 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1253

so your willing to give the clown   a what...3? 4 year  window   to make something again   for something he fell into 3 seasons ago?  He won ONE championship with this roster...ONE     your content with winning one every decade then fine by me  but I want a team built that can contend yearly  and he has YET to build one that is able to compete now, and you can safely say that 3 years down the road that same team will still be a contender   I.E.  Clev.  Orlando, Dallas, L.A.    ect. ect. ect.   

This is absurd. Clown? We should all be extremely grateful for that championship. Out of the teams you have mentioned in Cleveland, Orlando, and Dallas, they have less championships than us combined!

You say it like the Ray Allen and KG trades were easy to make. But he had acquired the great talent in the draft and matching contracts to pry those stars out of their gm's.

Very well said, thank you. TP for you sir.

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2010, 08:26:12 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
All those clowns that hated on those of us who felt the Nate trade was a joke are in hiding now ...

Fan Favorite Eddie House  Talented prospect Bill walker was thrown in, as well as giddens

for

A guy we just cut
and a guy who is already benched here  and likely wont see many minutes in the playoffs

Everyone still believe Ainge didnt get forced to make those trades for the Big 3   hes not the genious that everyone makes him out to be...he SUCKS

Nobody is hiding... Nate hasn't played for two games.

Nate will see minutes, and fills a position of need. Doc's rotation will be about matchups.

And Ainge doesn't suck, what are you talking about? Would he suck if these players were winning more games? No, spot blaming the GM for stuff that isn't even worth complaining about.

Ainge HAD to make the move for the big 3...otherwise he'd be in Kevin Mchales place right now. To that point he had done nothing to make the team better, and every guy we had signed that was "promising"   really ended up well huh?   Telfair?  Trading away Roy    I can go on and on about his bad signings and draft choices. You know they are there.  Lets be honest,  the only good moves he has made were made once the Big 3 were in place, and it was taking candy from a baby because you didnt have to drag anyones arm to get here. Posey, PJ , ect. As I've always said, I give him credit for the 08 team,  good job you built one good team.  But lets be honest, if he didnt make that trade  youd have  Jeff Green and Danny would be jobless because Green isnt a top 5 pick super duper star you would expect taken at #5  (Keep in mind Thaddeus Young Al Thorton, Corey Brewer were all taken after Green, and have had arguably better careers thus far)   HIs drafting thus far as Celtics GM has been a joke,   his trades and in season signings  have really done nothing to help this team especially as of late  (Mikki Moore, Marbury, Robinson)   While I like Marquis,  his Free Agent signings have been busts for the most part, or havent lived up to the hype he gives us about them  see Rasheed, and all of the above mentioned names.    It takes guts to make a big trade that changes the face of your team,   but it takes a coward to wait until his jobs on the line to make that trade.  I'm tired of him getting so much credit for being a brilliant GM he is far from it. Hopefully you all will realize it when he screws up this team in the post big 3 era to  come  and more of an outrage will ensue, and all of the Danny totes will be on his case.  See the big picture   not the small sample size.   85% of his transactions have been failures.
85% of his transactions were failures? I'm not sure of that. But the 15% that you consider "successful" brought us a championship, and I could live with that. He may not be "brilliant" to you, but he's not as dumb as you portray him to be either. No offense dude, just stating my opinion.

so your willing to give the clown   a what...3? 4 year  window   to make something again   for something he fell into 3 seasons ago?  He won ONE championship with this roster...ONE     your content with winning one every decade then fine by me  but I want a team built that can contend yearly  and he has YET to build one that is able to compete now, and you can safely say that 3 years down the road that same team will still be a contender   I.E.  Clev.  Orlando, Dallas, L.A.    ect. ect. ect.   
I have seen some pretty hefty irrational hate for Doc in my time here at CB, but never such irrational dislike for Danny.

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2010, 08:27:36 AM »

Offline openairmovie

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 58
your missing my point JD  

the fact is we won the championship in 08...competed for one in 09, though not much   and I dont even know what to make of this year

Fact is once the big 3 start breaking up, this team is going to go back to mediocrity for at least another 5 or 6 years   because Ainges history shows that he is going to make some bad draft decisions  and bum free agent signings    look at his work as a whole  rather than the sample size (08-10) The majority of his transactions have failed    Think of his top five transactions prior to the big three

itd be

Al Jefferson (traded in KG deal and has concerns of a bum knee)
Rondo - ok ill give you this

then what???
Tony Allen? Green? Wally? Telfair? Payton?    thats pretty sad