Author Topic: Celtics waived Landry, apparently.  (Read 5095 times)

Re: Celtics waived Landry, apparently.
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2010, 04:42:49 PM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 163
  • Green 18!
Or maybe it was done so that Scalabrine couldn't keep going in to the locker room and talk trash about how Landry is the last man that will ever see game minutes.

;D ;D ;D TP.

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2010, 05:36:49 PM »

Offline openairmovie

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 58
All those clowns that hated on those of us who felt the Nate trade was a joke are in hiding now ...

Fan Favorite Eddie House  Talented prospect Bill walker was thrown in, as well as giddens

for

A guy we just cut
and a guy who is already benched here  and likely wont see many minutes in the playoffs

Everyone still believe Ainge didnt get forced to make those trades for the Big 3   hes not the genious that everyone makes him out to be...he SUCKS

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2010, 05:37:26 PM »

Offline the_Bird

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 176
I don't  care about Landry, but I am starting to get p---ed that we essentially GAVE Walker away for nothing.  Nate's not having any more impact on the team that House did.  Best-case, it was going to be a marginal improvement having Nate instead of Eddie, and we haven't seen the best case!

Crap, when all's said and done, Walker'll probably be the best player in that trade.

Why give away dirt-cheap guys?  You've got to have SOMEONE under contract next year.

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2010, 05:46:53 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
ugh, why did I buy a Landry jersey...
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2010, 05:50:07 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
dang! just when i thought the team had a chance for #18 they go and do something like this.

well, i am sure cbers will add him to the long list of players of great celtics such as gg, toine, and walker.  ;)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2010, 05:57:04 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
All those clowns that hated on those of us who felt the Nate trade was a joke are in hiding now ...

Fan Favorite Eddie House  Talented prospect Bill walker was thrown in, as well as giddens

for

A guy we just cut
and a guy who is already benched here  and likely wont see many minutes in the playoffs

Everyone still believe Ainge didnt get forced to make those trades for the Big 3   hes not the genious that everyone makes him out to be...he SUCKS

Nobody is hiding... Nate hasn't played for two games.

Nate will see minutes, and fills a position of need. Doc's rotation will be about matchups.

And Ainge doesn't suck, what are you talking about? Would he suck if these players were winning more games? No, spot blaming the GM for stuff that isn't even worth complaining about.

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2010, 07:05:48 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
OMG first Lester Hudson. Then Jr Giddens and Bill Walker and now Marcus Landry. They are all going to join that long list of former Celtic young guys that Doc ruined by not playing them like........

Ummmm, there was.........

Well, there was........no nevermind he kinda sucked

There was that guy...........no he sucked to

Huh? I know there was one guy.

I think......

Nope. He sucked too.......

Will Bynum. Just throwing it out there.

Weren't Bynum and Greene considered to be about the same player back then?

Either way, Delonte West was the best option at PG and got the minutes.

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2010, 09:14:32 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.

be patient...we could always bring his brother in someday.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2010, 09:36:38 PM »

Offline openairmovie

• Brad Stevens

for

A guy we just cut

Nate will see minutes, and fills a position of need. Doc's rotation will be about matchups.

And Ainge doesn't suck, what are you talking about? Would he suck if these players were winning more games? No, spot blaming the GM for stuff that isn't even worth complaining about.

Ainge HAD to make the move for the big 3...otherwise he'd be in Kevin Mchales place right now. To that point he had done nothing to make the team better, and every guy we had signed that was "promising"   really ended up well huh?   Telfair?  Trading away Roy    I can go on and on about his bad signings and draft choices. You know they are there.  Lets be honest,  the only good moves he has made were made once the Big 3 were in place, and it was taking candy from a baby because you didnt have to drag anyones arm to get here. Posey, PJ , ect. As I've always said, I give him credit for the 08 team,  good job you built one good team.  But lets be honest, if he didnt make that trade  youd have  Jeff Green and Danny would be jobless because Green isnt a top 5 pick super duper star you would expect taken at #5  (Keep in mind Thaddeus Young Al Thorton, Corey Brewer were all taken after Green, and have had arguably better careers thus far)   HIs drafting thus far as Celtics GM has been a joke,   his trades and in season signings  have really done nothing to help this team especially as of late  (Mikki Moore, Marbury, Robinson)   While I like Marquis,  his Free Agent signings have been busts for the most part, or havent lived up to the hype he gives us about them  see Rasheed, and all of the above mentioned names.    It takes guts to make a big trade that changes the face of your team,   but it takes a coward to wait until his jobs on the line to make that trade.  I'm tired of him getting so much credit for being a brilliant GM he is far from it. Hopefully you all will realize it when he screws up this team in the post big 3 era to  come  and more of an outrage will ensue, and all of the Danny totes will be on his case.  See the big picture   not the small sample size.   85% of his transactions have been failures.

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2010, 10:41:47 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178

So you're the one.

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2010, 10:44:39 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237

for

A guy we just cut

Ainge HAD to make the move for the big 3...otherwise he'd be in Kevin Mchales place right now. To that point he had done nothing to make the team better, and every guy we had signed that was "promising"   really ended up well huh?   Telfair?  Trading away Roy    I can go on and on about his bad signings and draft choices. You know they are there.  Lets be honest,  the only good moves he has made were made once the Big 3 were in place, and it was taking candy from a baby because you didnt have to drag anyones arm to get here. Posey, PJ , ect. As I've always said, I give him credit for the 08 team,  good job you built one good team.  But lets be honest, if he didnt make that trade  youd have  Jeff Green and Danny would be jobless because Green isnt a top 5 pick super duper star you would expect taken at #5  (Keep in mind Thaddeus Young Al Thorton, Corey Brewer were all taken after Green, and have had arguably better careers thus far)   HIs drafting thus far as Celtics GM has been a joke,   his trades and in season signings  have really done nothing to help this team especially as of late  (Mikki Moore, Marbury, Robinson)   While I like Marquis,  his Free Agent signings have been busts for the most part, or havent lived up to the hype he gives us about them  see Rasheed, and all of the above mentioned names.    It takes guts to make a big trade that changes the face of your team,   but it takes a coward to wait until his jobs on the line to make that trade.  I'm tired of him getting so much credit for being a brilliant GM he is far from it. Hopefully you all will realize it when he screws up this team in the post big 3 era to  come  and more of an outrage will ensue, and all of the Danny totes will be on his case.  See the big picture   not the small sample size.   85% of his transactions have been failures.
85% of his transactions were failures? I'm not sure of that. But the 15% that you consider "successful" brought us a championship, and I could live with that. He may not be "brilliant" to you, but he's not as dumb as you portray him to be either. No offense dude, just stating my opinion.

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2010, 10:45:56 PM »

Offline DinTN

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
So, what does waiving Landry gain us? We already had a roster spot open. We can't sign anyone that would be playoff eligible this year. His contract may be guaranteed for the year. He was playing on the D-League anyway.. ???

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2010, 11:47:49 PM »

Offline rav123

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 48
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/65871/20100409/celtics_waive_marcus_landry/

Doesn't really make a ton of sense to let him go this late in the season, but whatever.

I think it means the Celtics don't have to pay luxury tax on him. I'm not sure, but it was the same reason the Knicks waived Cuttino Mobley. Saves Wyc $400k.

To be honest, he might have helped more than our starters did against Washington today.

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2010, 12:25:28 AM »

Offline openairmovie

• Brad Stevens

for

A guy we just cut

85% of his transactions were failures? I'm not sure of that. But the 15% that you consider "successful" brought us a championship, and I could live with that. He may not be "brilliant" to you, but he's not as dumb as you portray him to be either. No offense dude, just stating my opinion.

so your willing to give the clown   a what...3? 4 year  window   to make something again   for something he fell into 3 seasons ago?  He won ONE championship with this roster...ONE     your content with winning one every decade then fine by me  but I want a team built that can contend yearly  and he has YET to build one that is able to compete now, and you can safely say that 3 years down the road that same team will still be a contender   I.E.  Clev.  Orlando, Dallas, L.A.    ect. ect. ect.   

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2010, 12:33:34 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85

so your willing to give the clown   a what...3? 4 year  window   to make something again   for something he fell into 3 seasons ago?  He won ONE championship with this roster...ONE     your content with winning one every decade then fine by me  but I want a team built that can contend yearly  and he has YET to build one that is able to compete now, and you can safely say that 3 years down the road that same team will still be a contender   I.E.  Clev.  Orlando, Dallas, L.A.    ect. ect. ect.   

This is absurd. Clown? We should all be extremely grateful for that championship. Out of the teams you have mentioned in Cleveland, Orlando, and Dallas, they have less championships than us combined!

You say it like the Ray Allen and KG trades were easy to make. But he had acquired the great talent in the draft and matching contracts to pry those stars out of their gm's.