Author Topic: Marvin Williams?  (Read 1266 times)

Marvin Williams?
« on: July 02, 2009, 11:21:05 PM »

Offline RedVision

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
If memory serves me correct he is a UFA. He's improved just about every year in the league. last year developing a 3 point shot, seems to be a hard worker. no buzz on him here (in atlanta) or on the web. Thoughts?????

Re: Marvin Williams?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 11:22:31 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
nope he is restricted FA

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 11:23:16 PM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
unfortunately I think he is a restricted FA....he would be a nice fit though...

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 11:23:45 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 731
  • MASTER OF PANIC
he stays in atlanta

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 11:27:45 PM »

Offline RedVision

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 8
its strange cause i live in atlanta and there isn't any talk about resigning him then again they can match any offer but still...no talk of signing him, bibby, flip

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 11:57:23 PM »

Offline BoulderMike

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
This is the move that I would like more than any other.  Less sexy than Rasheed, but it would accomplish four things:
1. Give use someone with the size and athleticism to match up with Lebron
2. Helps us now either as starter (so Ray can come off bench) or great off the bench guy for the 3 and 4 positions
3. Immediately make us an athletic team (KG, Rondo, and Marvin would create matchup nightmares)
4. Give us a young core for the long term (Rondo, Perk, and Marvin)

I actually think a long-term, MLE deal could make this happen.  But, alas, it is not in the cards...

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 12:48:58 AM »

Offline jt21

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 9
He would be a great pickup, but would only attainable through a significant sign and trade situation, but realistically they have no chance

Celtics can really only offer the mid level exception, but his qualifying offer for his RFA status is around 7.5 million i think, which is more than MLE. I think it has been rumored and reported as well that Hawks will definitely match any reasonable offer for him, so unfortunately unless the C's came up with enough cap space to make him an offer in the 9-10 million range and even then it is close enough to the qualifying offer that Hawks would probably match, they just don't have enough salaries/assets to do a s/t

He would be a great backup to pierce though if they had him. IMO Celts should take a look at his former teammate Josh Childless, who the hawks still have the rights to but would probably part with him