What channel do you watch the games on?

Comcast Sports Network
5 (41.7%)
TNT/ ESPN
2 (16.7%)
Switch back and forth
5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Watching the games  (Read 5388 times)

Watching the games
« on: May 02, 2008, 04:29:53 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 572
I was just wondering if most people prefer to watch the game on CSN and listen to the hometown guys, or TNT/ESPN to see what national broadcasters have to say.

Me, I have to listen to Mike and Tommy if at all possible. It's been working all season and I would hate to jinx them now. Now when Donny's on, that's a different story.

Re: Watching the games
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 04:39:00 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2156
Away Games = CSN
Home Games = National (ESPN/TNT)

Hence back and forth...
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 04:40:34 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
Me, I have to listen to Mike and Tommy if at all possible. It's been working all season and I would hate to jinx them now. Now when Donny's on, that's a different story.

Superstition would drive me crazy. I'm glad I'm not a believer... ;)

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 04:41:04 PM »

Offline bigtyc55

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 5
The games on TNT are awful this series, because it is not the best matchup in the playoffs 1st round, we have dick stockton who is just terrible. He has no clue about what he is talking about, he has called multiple players different names, in game 1 I heard him call Posey "Sam" (as in cassell) Posey. He is not what I want on TNTs broadcasts or ESPNs, I would much rather have Kevin Harlan and Reggie Miller (who loves C's because KG), but the best color analyst is Doug Collins, who i think is doing the Wiz/Cavs series. Next round we should have the best announcers since it will be the King Lebron vs. C's I would assume. Hopefully if we ever have an ESPN game, that the announcers did not include Hubie Brown, who is quite possibly the worst NBA announcer. I actually find Dan Shulman and Jon Barry rather entertaining and humorous.

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 04:42:11 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

I try to go with the local guys unless I feel a change is needed for momentum purposes.  :)  For real!
Yup

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 04:44:55 PM »

Offline TheConnection

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
For me, its getting tough to listen to Tommy be an overbearing homer.  So I watch the games, but try not to listen to Tommy.

ESPN and TNT have been unbearable because EVERY game I hear "If Rajon can knock that jump shot down on a consistent basis, watch out!".  Not only have I heard this for over a year from national guys, but they don't see the high shooting %, and he hits open shots.  I think after watching 87+ games, its tough to hear someone tell you things you heard about in the pre-season on CSN.

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 04:45:18 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
The games on TNT are awful this series, because it is not the best matchup in the playoffs 1st round, we have dick stockton who is just terrible. He has no clue about what he is talking about, he has called multiple players different names, in game 1 I heard him call Posey "Sam" (as in cassell) Posey. He is not what I want on TNTs broadcasts or ESPNs, I would much rather have Kevin Harlan and Reggie Miller (who loves C's because KG), but the best color analyst is Doug Collins, who i think is doing the Wiz/Cavs series. Next round we should have the best announcers since it will be the King Lebron vs. C's I would assume. Hopefully if we ever have an ESPN game, that the announcers did not include Hubie Brown, who is quite possibly the worst NBA announcer. I actually find Dan Shulman and Jon Barry rather entertaining and humorous.

I agree Doug Collins is wonderful. ;D

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 04:45:56 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
There seems to be something wrong with the sound on TNT. It comes in and out and the crowd noise is louder than the announcers.

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 04:47:24 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey

I try to go with the local guys unless I feel a change is needed for momentum purposes.  :)  For real!

Ha-ha, you know when we went on that run in the 1st quarter of game 4 I knew you had it on CSN. Why did you have to change it? you cost us the game!  ;)

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 04:51:01 PM »

Offline jay_jay54

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 266
  I go back/forth,to get a different viewpoint on things at certain times of the game.But Mike & Tommy are good together,so isn't Doug Colllins,when he is on.

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 04:53:11 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

Ha-ha, you know when we went on that run in the 1st quarter of game 4 I knew you had it on CSN. Why did you have to change it? you cost us the game!  ;)

If it helps the Celts close out this series tonight I'll be more than happy to take full responsibility for Game 4 (game 3's all on them)

Needless to say all of Game 5 was on CSN (maybe I took a quick switch over to TNT when Atlanta pulled within 6 ;) )
Yup

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2008, 04:55:07 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
Its great youtubing Tommy's old national games. He was objective, articulate and insightful it's wierd to hear (the objective part anyway)

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2008, 05:02:05 PM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 572
Away Games = CSN
Home Games = National (ESPN/TNT)

Hence back and forth...

Have to ask, why CSN away and National for home?

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2008, 05:19:49 PM »

Offline kenmaine

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 25
  • Boston 104, New York 59
I would NEVER ever switch from Mike and Tommy. So I'm a homer, so what? And if you pay attention, Tommy is very insightful- he knows the game as well as anyone. I still miss Johnny Most though, for him I would switch  back and forth from Mike and Tommy, especially when there was a bad call or fight- you had to hear Johnny's call.
The home team announcers should'nt be boring or neutral. It's entertainment, plus they practically live with the team, so they wouldn't be human if they didn't root for them.
I don't watch all that many national games, but I kind of like Hubie Brown. I didn't even know Stockton was still around, shouldn't he have retired ten years ago?  And I can't stand Fratello or Van Gundy- I despised the style of ball they coached and am not interested in their opinions. Marv Albert is great though, I have to admit.

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2008, 05:55:00 PM »

Offline NicaraguanFan

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
I watch them on ESPN Deportes cuase it is the only option I have. By the way I am not able to watch all games.. :(

NF.
#18 is coming...