Author Topic: Our Biggest ? Mark  (Read 3742 times)

Our Biggest ? Mark
« on: May 02, 2008, 11:16:23 AM »

Offline makaveli

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 320
  • The Truth
well It was rajon rondo and the bench
and do you know that rondo is ranked #3 in assist in the playoffs and #1 with cp3 in asists per turnover ratio...?
he is ahead of steve nash,parker,billups etc...
but i noticed that our bench productivity in the playoffs has been poor
AND ITS ALL DOC'S FAULT
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 11:22:17 AM by makaveli »
what doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Re: Our Biggest ? Mark
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 11:23:17 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
and do you know that rondo is ranked #3 in assist in the playoffs and #1 with cp3 in asists per turnover ratio...?
AND ITS ALL DOC'S FAULT

So Doc was criticized for playing the bench too much during critical times of the games, yet it's also his fault that they're not producing??  That makes a lot of sense.

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 11:36:07 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

How much worse has our bench been in the playoffs vs the regular season?

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 11:49:30 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
AND ITS ALL DOC'S FAULT

So Doc was criticized for playing the bench too much during critical times of the games, yet it's also his fault that they're not producing??  That makes a lot of sense.
I'm think the OP was being sarcastic about Doc, but I may be wrong.  Maybe a  ;) would help for questionable sarcasm.
Yup

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 11:53:04 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff

How much worse has our bench been in the playoffs vs the regular season?

I don't think they're playing bad overall.  They were just at their worst during our 2 losses, so it get's magnified.  But Powe and Posey especially have been very key during the series so far, and Cassell has had his moments too.  But the bench can't be expected to be as productive as they were in teh regular season, because they're not gonna get as much minutes.  They just have to perform when they're on the floor, for no matter how long that is.

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 11:55:52 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
AND ITS ALL DOC'S FAULT

I'm think the OP was being sarcastic about Doc, but I may be wrong.  Maybe a  ;) would help for questionable sarcasm.

When it comes to Doc, everyone should always use a  ;) when they're being sarcastic.  Because a serious statement like that is not rare for this board.

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 12:25:44 PM »

Offline MrsNumba17

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 17
  • I Love NUMBA 17 !
Our bench scored over 30 points game 5.
That was critical Wed.
I thought Doc played his cards well.

I personally would like to see more Powe and Posey.
Less Cassell and more House.
"A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals"
~Larry Bird

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 01:07:30 PM »

Offline Big Ticket

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 561
  • The good ole days.
?

that is our biggest question mark  ;D

"It ain't about me.  It's about us."  - KG, interview with John Thompson, 2005 All Star Game.

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 01:12:51 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
The biggest question mark:

Can this team exploit obvious mismatches and players that are hot? Too many times this team makes the 'unselfish' move of moving away from a hot player. No more of that. For example, when Pierce or Garnett are in the game against the Hawks, keep running the offense through them.

And yes, Rondo again. Can he perform on the road in the playoffs. So far he is day and night, home and away.

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 02:30:48 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
?

?

I like mine better. ;)

In all honesty, though, our biggest question mark is the ability to compete in close games, when coaching adjustments make the biggest difference.  I know the Doc fans don't want to hear that, but Doc got outsmarted by Mike Woodson for two games, especially in Game 4.  That can't happen.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 02:52:02 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
?

?

I like mine better. ;)

In all honesty, though, our biggest question mark is the ability to compete in close games, when coaching adjustments make the biggest difference.  I know the Doc fans don't want to hear that, but Doc got outsmarted by Mike Woodson for two games, especially in Game 4.  That can't happen.

I've supported Doc all year but I agree - Game 4 especially was a horrible lack of adjustment by Doc, as Joe Johnson burned Ray over and over again doing the exact same thing without us changing anything defensively.  The team adjusted very well for Game 5, and presumably Doc played a big part in that, but changing tacks in mid-game is crucial in the playoffs.  I think Doc showed he could do that in the regular season, especially in the @San Antonio game, but the results from the playoffs have been poor thus far.