Author Topic: Honest questions I have about Paul Pierce's stabbing incident  (Read 14813 times)

Re: Honest questions I have about Paul Pierce's stabbing incident
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2008, 11:24:19 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55

I think the issue of Pierce's trial is interesting, and I'm curious how connected "Made Men" are to gang violence, etc.  I just tend to concur with others that it's a more interesting topic for the off-season, when we have nothing better to talk about.

I think the trial aspect seems really interesting.  Obviously, it seems like something happened behind the scenes since you have everyone changing their stories.

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2008, 11:27:35 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2158
I agree that it's an interesting topic and worthy of discussion, but I also agree with the consensus: this is probably something best discussed during the off-season. 

(That's a personal, rather than "official", position.  Posters can continue should they so choose.)

I'm not sure why everyone is surprised or upset by this topic

I don't think anybody is overly upset by the topic.  They just want to focus on the playoffs, not things that happened nearly a decade ago.

Things that happened throughout Paul's entire life are now relevant.  I just think this topic is worthy of discussing for those that think there might be something going on with Paul Pierce.  I don't think Paul is in a gang but I also don't think he's in church every sunday.  I don't know, no comment  is louder at times and it applies here.
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2008, 11:48:48 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Give the OP a break.  It's a legit topic, and one of the more overall interesting ones that we have on the thread.  As much as we know about Paul Pierce the player, we know very little about who he is personally.  Look at all the things he's done, from the stabbing incident, to his charity work with Magic's charity game, to the bandaged face episode after the Pacers playoff, to opening his own karaoke bar - there's a lot of different sides to him, and you can't stereotype him by lumping him into one category. 

Though old news, Pierce's stabbing is a more relevant topic than many of the other posts going on right now - if you don't want to talk about it, just don't post.  I'll say that I'm 99.9% sure that the outcome of this topic will have no effect on the rest of the playoffs whatsoever.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2008, 12:08:35 PM »

Offline phantom

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7

I don't think anybody is overly upset by the topic.  They just want to focus on the playoffs, not things that happened nearly a decade ago.

I'm not into this topic at all, but I really don't understand this part.
Who cares if it's the playoffs?  It's not like we're the ones that have to suit up and go play.  Us talking about this stuff does not = Celtics losing.

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2008, 12:09:26 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
Give the OP a break.  It's a legit topic, and one of the more overall interesting ones that we have on the thread.  As much as we know about Paul Pierce the player, we know very little about who he is personally.  Look at all the things he's done, from the stabbing incident, to his charity work with Magic's charity game, to the bandaged face episode after the Pacers playoff, to opening his own karaoke bar - there's a lot of different sides to him, and you can't stereotype him by lumping him into one category. 

Though old news, Pierce's stabbing is a more relevant topic than many of the other posts going on right now - if you don't want to talk about it, just don't post.  I'll say that I'm 99.9% sure that the outcome of this topic will have no effect on the rest of the playoffs whatsoever.

I also agree that there is no problem discussing the matter.  I think it is irresponsible and inappropriate to suggest that he may have acted in a manner which prevented justice from being served as a result of possibly shady dealings by pierce (which I interpreted the OP's post to be...).

To me, it comes down to the fact that he was attacked.  That isnt proof that he is in a gang. He didnt grab a gun and shoot at people.  He didnt have his boys attack anyone.  He was attacked (from behind, i may point out) it doesnt even give a shred of extra evidence to discuss whether he is in a gang.

Basically, whether PP threw up gang signs in a game is 100% unrelated to what went down at a club when he was attacked.  If people want to discuss him getting attacked thats fine, but to speculate it had to do with him being in a gang based on his hand gestures and relating them back is a silly reason for a thread.

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2008, 12:15:22 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
All I have to say on this is thank goodness the Celtics didn't sweep the Hawks or we'd have nothing to talk about.   :-\

Basically, whether PP threw up gang signs in a game is 100% unrelated to what went down at a club when he was attacked.  If people want to discuss him getting attacked thats fine, but to speculate it had to do with him being in a gang based on his hand gestures and relating them back is a silly reason for a thread.

Yes indeed.  Apples and oranges.
Yup

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2008, 12:20:10 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
Basically, whether PP threw up gang signs in a game is 100% unrelated to what went down at a club when he was attacked.
[/quote]

No you don't get it. If Paul Pierce withheld information by following the G-code that is a major issue.

What would Paul Pierce be withholding information for? Sacrificing justice for street credibility?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/n_wlAcaZdrs&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/n_wlAcaZdrs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 12:26:34 PM by Jsaad »

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2008, 12:30:05 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
The Geto Boys!  My virgin ears!

PP's been taking advice from the same artists who brought us the gem "You Gotta Let A Ho Be A HO"?
Yup

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2008, 12:35:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
More people seem to be talking about whether this topic should be talked about than are actually talking about the topic.

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2008, 12:41:46 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup
More people seem to be talking about whether this topic should be talked about than are actually talking about the topic.

Hmmm...Could that be because the actual topic isn't that compelling?

Old news
Yup

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2008, 12:41:57 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey

PP's been taking advice from the same artists who brought us the gem "You Gotta Let A Ho Be A HO"?

Hey I'm not saying this mentality is correct I'm just pointing out it exists.

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2008, 12:44:58 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen

No you don't get it. If Paul Pierce withheld information by following the G-code that is a major issue.

What would Paul Pierce be withholding information for? Sacrificing justice for street credibility?

I dont mean to sound rude, but have you taken the time to educate yourself on the situation?  seriously.

Pierce testified.  Pierce Id'd the people that he thought attacked him.  Pierce cooperated with the police to the fullest.

So explain to me how that is him withholding information to protect his cred.

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2008, 12:45:43 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey

Hmmm...Could that be because the actual topic isn't that compelling?

Old news

It's possible.  I will end it with this, PP cares about his street cred.

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2008, 12:51:17 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Yup

Hey I'm not saying this mentality is correct I'm just pointing out it exists.

True enough.  Not sure that it applies here, but true enough that it sadly exists.  Though I think the Geto Boys may be a little bigger than their britches.  Do you think they live up to half the credo's they rap about?  If they did they'd either be dead or behind bars by now.  And they've been around forever preaching this crap.  "Size Ain't {POOP}" (when you've got a gun)...etc...

Sorry.  Sidebar rampage over. 
Yup

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2008, 12:52:50 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
What's Wrong with this statement?

Pierce said the man, whom he did not identify, ''looked at me like he had a problem with me; I sensed a little animosity.''

The next thing he knew, Pierce said, he was being attacked.

Anthony Hurston, William Ragland and Trevor Watson, all of Boston, are accused of stabbing Pierce and hitting him over the head with a bottle. The defense maintains that Pierce has never been able to positively identify his attackers. (New york times 09/25/02)

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9F00E3DB1339F936A1575AC0A9649C8B63