Author Topic: Honest questions I have about Paul Pierce's stabbing incident  (Read 14815 times)

Offline TradeProposalDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 56
It's a known fact that many people who were in the Buzz club that night have yet to come forward. But I think one person who doesn't want to destroy his street cred is Paul Pierce. I understand that he's a millionaire, will go down as one of the best Celtics in NBA history... has had a clean record with the law... but there is something that makes no sense about the situation. He allegedly got into a fight with a dude who got mad at him for dancing with his sister... how can he not remember who the guy looked like? How can he not remember how any of the men look like? Why would the expert witness who fainted after being charged with contempt of court not divulge any information about what happened until AFTER she came back from the hospital?

The trial would have gone much quicker had he come forth with what he remembered.

Re: Honest questions I have about Paul Pierce's stabbing incident
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 08:24:49 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Can't we wait until at least the playoffs are done to bring up every negative thing we can about our Captain?!? Man ... the opposing fans do enough bashing of our players, can't we save it for the post-season? This was beaten into the ground years ago, let's KEEP it there, please? Man, this is our leader ... let's give him the benefit of the doubt once in a while!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 08:33:21 PM »

Offline SShoreFan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 200
Can't we wait until at least the playoffs are done to bring up every negative thing we can about our Captain?!? Man ... the opposing fans do enough bashing of our players, can't we save it for the post-season? This was beaten into the ground years ago, let's KEEP it there, please? Man, this is our leader ... let's give him the benefit of the doubt once in a while!

AMEN!!!

Not the time --- if you honestly want to talk about this.  The first week in August, maybe.

Hopefully this one goes away quietly for now.
I cannot begin to tell you how much I love my kids - call me a sap, it's true.

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 08:34:15 PM »

Offline trueceltic

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 9
all i can say is watch the "Wire" and you'll know why he's not fessing up on who did it. A snitch is the worst thing you can be even if it's right. That may sound stupid but that's how people view it as.

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 09:49:50 PM »

Offline NicaraguanFan

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 28
I can't believe we are talking about a thing that happened a lot years ago....   

NF.
#18 is coming...

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 09:58:32 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Pierce was stabbed multiple times and was almost killed, his memory might be a bit hazy. Has anyone ever been in a car accident or Stabbed? You're memory is not always sharp.

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 09:58:59 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
It's a known fact that many people who were in the Buzz club that night have yet to come forward. But I think one person who doesn't want to destroy his street cred is Paul Pierce. I understand that he's a millionaire, will go down as one of the best Celtics in NBA history... has had a clean record with the law... but there is something that makes no sense about the situation. He allegedly got into a fight with a dude who got mad at him for dancing with his sister... how can he not remember who the guy looked like? How can he not remember how any of the men look like? Why would the expert witness who fainted after being charged with contempt of court not divulge any information about what happened until AFTER she came back from the hospital?

The trial would have gone much quicker had he come forth with what he remembered.

I think you have your facts wrong.  I could be mistaken because I am going strictly on memory, but here is what I remember.  As you said he got into a disagreement with the brother of a girl he was dancing with.  He decided to leave.  As he was going out he got hit from behind.

He did ID who he thought it was.  He either id'd the guys from the rap group Made Men, or their posse.  I cant remember.  The courts were never able to prove that they attempted to kill him.  So he did what he remembered, but there wasnt enough proof.

as for the witness...who knows why she changed her mind.  maybe she recieved some sort of threat.  maybe she really couldnt remember.  who knows.  but that has nothing to do with PP.

If I am mistaken, then someone can spend the time to research the stuff and set the record straight.  If I am right, then we can stop claiming there was an ulterior motive.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 10:08:36 PM by yall hate »

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 10:09:26 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
good lord. troll much?
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 10:15:50 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu

Can't we ... please?!?
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 10:24:59 PM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
This article is a pretty good read on the legal problems that were faced in the case.

http://bostonphoenix.com/boston/news_features/other_stories/multipage/documents/02473391.htm

I wouldnt normally choose the phoenix for quality journalism (no offense if that bothers anyone) but it was the best i could find.

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 09:16:06 AM »

Offline MrsNumba17

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 17
  • I Love NUMBA 17 !
That incident should have not gone down!

It's a bigger shame that it's even discussed at this point.

He's done us all the honor by putting that green on and bustin his @$$ up and down that court to give Boston pride! He's a great athlete, he's compassionate, and talented. Let's honor him and respect him for entertaining us with his game!!!
"A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals"
~Larry Bird

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2008, 09:34:14 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
I agree that it's an interesting topic and worthy of discussion, but I also agree with the consensus: this is probably something best discussed during the off-season. 

(That's a personal, rather than "official", position.  Posters can continue should they so choose.)

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2008, 10:15:07 AM »

Offline TrueGreen

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 22
I remember it as PP getting stabbed in the back. I also remember his teammate, Tony Battie, and Tony's brother probably saved his life by driving him immediately to New England Medical Center which was close by.

In the incident that has brought all this back, the finger sign, the only mistake PP made was to walk toward the Hawk's bench after the game ended and I remember Scals racing after him to turn him back. I did not see the sign and doubt very much it was what the League chose to make it. It's one I often use to say "Okay". I also think it is an insult to PP and to the Celtic Organization to make more of it than it was. And what type of people is the League hiring who would know what it supposedly meant.

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2008, 10:45:58 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
I agree that it's an interesting topic and worthy of discussion, but I also agree with the consensus: this is probably something best discussed during the off-season. 

(That's a personal, rather than "official", position.  Posters can continue should they so choose.)

I'm not sure why everyone is surprised or upset by this topic

If Paul Pierce didn't want to be a "snitch" and in someway withheld information from authorities then this topic is very relevant to what is going on.

I do know this... Paul Pierce made a hand gesture that was deemed inappropriate and potentially gang related to the tune of $25,000... So his past is relative and this topic is warranted given the circumstances.

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2008, 10:52:32 AM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

I'm not sure why everyone is surprised or upset by this topic

I don't think anybody is overly upset by the topic.  They just want to focus on the playoffs, not things that happened nearly a decade ago.

As for Pierce, it's pretty much undisputed that he has no gang affiliation.  *Nobody* is claiming that, and members of the Piru Bloods (notably, rapper Redrum) have come out and said they knew Pierce in high school, but he wasn't a member of the gang.

I think the issue of Pierce's trial is interesting, and I'm curious how connected "Made Men" are to gang violence, etc.  I just tend to concur with others that it's a more interesting topic for the off-season, when we have nothing better to talk about.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions