Author Topic: My first playoff game  (Read 2270 times)

My first playoff game
« on: May 01, 2008, 05:52:00 PM »

Offline Kdu12

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 10
Well, my first playoff game was in a word...AMAZING!  It was simply awesome to be in arena!  The place was rocking the whole time and you couldn't tell what the score was by the reactions of the fans.  They were still cheering and making noise when the Celtics were up by 20!  It was definitely an experience I would love to have again and I can see why now it is so important to make the playoffs.  What an atmosphere!  I was in the 14th section in the 12th row.  The seats were really good!  My throat is still sore from all the screaming I did!  Hopefully, i can make it to another game soon!

oh yeah, the lobster roll was REALLY good too!

Re: My first playoff game
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 05:57:17 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
awesome man, glad you enjoyed it  ;D

and always good to have a sore throat, that means you were doing your job  :) :)
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 06:07:51 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
Way to represent the Blog! I wish I could have been there! Great seats! I bet that wasn't cheap...

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 06:10:16 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
congrats on going to your 1st playoff game. i was there and also have a sore throat, lol.  great time, great win, free tshirt....in two words:

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 06:49:05 PM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
Oh man....I can barely even talk.  Sat in 4th row behind basket for 2nd half.  Crazy!  Awesome win, good D, decent bench contribution. 
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 07:30:06 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
My first playoff game was Game 1 of the Philly series that led to the run to the ECF.  Great energy, rally towels, Waltah hitting a halfcourt shot at the end of the first quarter, leading to a big Celts win.  I'll never forget it.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 07:37:51 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Good one to pick for a first!

Mine was 1976 vs. the Buffalo Braves.  I remember Randy Smith playing a decent game for Buffalo, and not much else except that the Celts won.
Yup