Author Topic: Magic (2-2) at Celtics (2-2) Game 5 5/12  (Read 189566 times)

Re: Magic (2-2) at Celtics (2-2) Game 5 5/12
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2009, 01:33:18 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
TP, good rundown. Time for the Celtics to establish themselves as the better team.

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2009, 01:34:42 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1672
Courtney Lee is extremely underrated.  His defense is unreal.  He is sticking to the shooters better then anyone else that has played Ray and Eddie all year.  As well, he has generally made great decisions, and hit his shots when they have come.

As well, JJ's defense has been pretty good as well, although he has had some lapses.  Ray just hasen't taken advantages of these. 

Let's hope they run more quick hit screens for Ray, not the double - single screen option play.  Orlando is ready for that play, and have defended it well. 

We need to get Ray going.

I actually disagree with this.  Lee is a good defender, but it's not lack of open looks that has been Ray's problem.  He just can't throw it in the ocean right now, by his standards.  Maybe he just doesn't like the second round. 

Somebody needs to go steal his parking space tonight.

TP to anybody who knows what I'm talking about.

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2009, 03:44:07 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I hope the garden is insane tonight!! The Magic are going to come looking for blood. Both sides know the importance of getting the 3-2 advantage.

C'mon Boston!! Lets go Celtics!!

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2009, 07:23:24 PM »

Offline bruinsandceltics

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 130
  • ANYTHING is posssiiibbbbllee
B's up 2-0 already.

Lets hope the C's can jump out to a lead early!

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2009, 07:24:08 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 656
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Scal playing...no limited minutes

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2009, 07:31:56 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
I hope the garden is insane tonight!! The Magic are going to come looking for blood. Both sides know the importance of getting the 3-2 advantage.

C'mon Boston!! Lets go Celtics!!

Yeah, I think the Magic will come out looking for a W as much as we did in Game 4, they know that, if they lose tonight, the post-season is over for them...

BE CAREFUL C'S, just give everything tonight and you'll have the chance to end this "undefeated Cavs" thing... ;)
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2009, 07:39:48 PM »

Offline Coach

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 109
Courtney Lee is extremely underrated.  His defense is unreal.  He is sticking to the shooters better then anyone else that has played Ray and Eddie all year.  As well, he has generally made great decisions, and hit his shots when they have come.

As well, JJ's defense has been pretty good as well, although he has had some lapses.  Ray just hasen't taken advantages of these. 

Let's hope they run more quick hit screens for Ray, not the double - single screen option play.  Orlando is ready for that play, and have defended it well. 

We need to get Ray going.

I actually disagree with this.  Lee is a good defender, but it's not lack of open looks that has been Ray's problem.  He just can't throw it in the ocean right now, by his standards.  Maybe he just doesn't like the second round. 

Not sure what you are talking about, on either front.  Watch Lee on defense, and watch how many good looks Ray gets.  There is a reason good shooters don't shoot well....It's because they have to rush shots.

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2009, 07:41:47 PM »

Offline silvershamrocker

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Believe In The Sleeve
Here's hoping Scal can play... and that I don't have to watch Tony Allen try and guard Shard...

"It will be fun watching the Lakers get those balloons down one at a time." - Bill Russell

« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2009, 07:44:42 PM »

Offline fan33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 5
Ball movement / extra pass to the open man as well as taking it inside as seen in our wins, as well as defensive EFFORT executed should secure the win.

We shall see.

TP, FL  :)
"Indefatigable on Defense, defines these Celtics"

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2009, 07:45:02 PM »

Offline silvershamrocker

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Believe In The Sleeve
Updates from the Globe:

Brian Scalabrine warmed up before the game and will be active for tonight's game against the Magic, according to Celtics coach Doc Rivers. Rivers said he does not plan to limit Scalabrine in any way.

"He's feeling better," said Rivers. "He's been able to keep his food down the last couple of hours. We're just going to play him."

As for Kendrick Perkins, Rivers said his center's shoulder strain won't keep him out, though it could limit his ability to finish around the basket.

"His injury is what it is," said Rivers. "It's not going to improve...he's not as strong, obviously, with his arm reaching above. We worry about him finishing. Every time he goes up above his shoulders there's going to be severe pain."

Rivers said Perkins would not be playing if this wasn't a playoff game but stressed that the injury is only a strain.

"If it happened last month he would be resting. But obviously it's the middle of the playoffs and we don't have that luxury. Obviously with Leon and Kevin out, we don't have that luxury."

"It will be fun watching the Lakers get those balloons down one at a time." - Bill Russell

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2009, 07:48:36 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Dusted off the Captain avatar for the Game 5  ;D

Big one tonight fellahs

EYE OF THE FISHER!

Yup

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2009, 07:50:39 PM »

Offline christuffa

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 70
  • The Sniper

2005-03-25 SEA vs NYK
MP     FG     FGA     FG%     3P     3PA     3P%     FT     FTA     
47    13    23    .565    6    11    .545    8    8
FT%     ORB     DRB     TRB     AST     STL     BLK     TOV     PF     
1.000    0    9    9    2    0    1    2    2
PTS     GmSc
40    31.1

Ray lit it up for 40 against the Knicks after Daniels stole his parking space in the building.

Do I get a TP. (I even researched the date of the game on 82games) :)

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2009, 07:51:35 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
Updates from the Globe:

Brian Scalabrine warmed up before the game and will be active for tonight's game against the Magic, according to Celtics coach Doc Rivers. Rivers said he does not plan to limit Scalabrine in any way.

"He's feeling better," said Rivers. "He's been able to keep his food down the last couple of hours. We're just going to play him."

As for Kendrick Perkins, Rivers said his center's shoulder strain won't keep him out, though it could limit his ability to finish around the basket.

"His injury is what it is," said Rivers. "It's not going to improve...he's not as strong, obviously, with his arm reaching above. We worry about him finishing. Every time he goes up above his shoulders there's going to be severe pain."

Rivers said Perkins would not be playing if this wasn't a playoff game but stressed that the injury is only a strain.

"If it happened last month he would be resting. But obviously it's the middle of the playoffs and we don't have that luxury. Obviously with Leon and Kevin out, we don't have that luxury."

At least, maybe we could set a new record for the most injured players during a single post-season...!!

The Cavs have done some voodoo on us or what... :P
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2009, 07:58:04 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Ray is due for a big game. I'm calling it now, Ray is going to be on fire tonight and we win.

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2009, 08:02:33 PM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96
they give you a gift of marv albert on one hand and slap you with reggie miller with the other...