Poll

Does it

Yes, changes my opinion
2 (9.1%)
No it doesnt
20 (90.9%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: If the bucks are the champions, does that change your opinion on this team?  (Read 2598 times)

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
The way the Cs have played this series is pretty much how they played all of this season—great one day, terrible the next, and we never know which team we're gonna get. Milwaukee certainly deserves some credit for playing well, but a lot of this series has been the same self-inflicted wounds Boston's been giving itself all season.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Nope. Celts are a more talented team. Sadly, Milwaukee plays better as a team.

Online mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 599
Celtics have more talented individuals. But Bucks have better unit.

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
This current result is only surprising to most of us because we thought the Celtics would indeed flip a switch and be the team we imagined them to be. The reality was staring us in the face the whole time. Talent does not always lead to success and unless the disparate pieces become a whole greater than the sum of the parts. This team struggled for cohesion all season, we just hoped they would somehow turn in on for the playoffs. I'll admit that I was one of those hoping that would happen, on the strength of some isolated performances - the beatdown of GS, the tight win vs Mil after the ASB, the wins vs Philly.

The Bucks have shown what they are all season. They are a team that is consistently good, does the fundamentals right, has a possible MVP and an array of shooters around him and an offensive and defensive strategy designed to maximize their strengths. And, like us last season, they were tempered by the trials they went through in the regular season to compile the best win record in the league. On paper we can argue we have more talent, or have the better team, but on the court they have delivered the results all year and we haven't.

That being said, I did think we flipped a defensive switch for the first 5 games of the playoffs. But I don't think we had an offensive switch to flip and it killed us in the last 3 games. The Bucks didn't need to flip any switches.

I still think we can steal a game in Mil and force a Game 6. It would be just like this team to blow Mil out in Game 5 and give us more hope. I can't see them winning 3 in a row though.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
This current result is only surprising to most of us because we thought the Celtics would indeed flip a switch and be the team we imagined them to be. The reality was staring us in the face the whole time. Talent does not always lead to success and unless the disparate pieces become a whole greater than the sum of the parts. This team struggled for cohesion all season, we just hoped they would somehow turn in on for the playoffs. I'll admit that I was one of those hoping that would happen, on the strength of some isolated performances - the beatdown of GS, the tight win vs Mil after the ASB, the wins vs Philly.

The Bucks have shown what they are all season. They are a team that is consistently good, does the fundamentals right, has a possible MVP and an array of shooters around him and an offensive and defensive strategy designed to maximize their strengths. And, like us last season, they were tempered by the trials they went through in the regular season to compile the best win record in the league. On paper we can argue we have more talent, or have the better team, but on the court they have delivered the results all year and we haven't.

That being said, I did think we flipped a defensive switch for the first 5 games of the playoffs. But I don't think we had an offensive switch to flip and it killed us in the last 3 games. The Bucks didn't need to flip any switches.

I still think we can steal a game in Mil and force a Game 6. It would be just like this team to blow Mil out in Game 5 and give us more hope. I can't see them winning 3 in a row though.

I remember in 2013 we were down 3-0, and the Celtics somehow fought their way in escaping a Game 4 sweep, followed by a win in New York Game 5.

And that incredible 20-0 run in Game 6. Can you believe it? The Celtics nearly tied the series back 3-3 and force Game 7 on Mike Woodson's Knicks.

But long gone are the days of Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett, who had the heart and mentality of willing their teams back in. These current Celtics do not have those features in them, unfortunately.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

I remember in 2013 we were down 3-0, and the Celtics somehow fought their way in escaping a Game 4 sweep, followed by a win in New York Game 5.

And that incredible 20-0 run in Game 6. Can you believe it? The Celtics nearly tied the series back 3-3 and force Game 7 on Mike Woodson's Knicks.

But long gone are the days of Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett, who had the heart and mentality of willing their teams back in. These current Celtics do not have those features in them, unfortunately.

TP for the memories  ;D Heart is exactly what this team is missing. They're soft and can't respond to adversity. They're not connected and so when they're put under the gun they fold. That's really what it is. Mystifying since they showed quite a bit more heart last season.

I just want them to put up a fight. Like Jurgen Klopp said before Liverpool's amazing comeback against Barcelona today, we want success or at least a beautiful failure that does us proud.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
No, it’s the way in which they’re losing.

Even the first round fodder Pacers played together and harder despite being swept and out-talented.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

The Bucks have the most talented player in the series but I am generally against anyone who gets the star treatment by the refs because it is ridiculous.   Giannis just got on guys I do not like list bigtime.

You can spin it anyway you want this team was a disappointment and played well below expectations this year, so no my opinion did not change.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 06:40:01 AM by Celtics4ever »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

The Bucks have the most talented player in the series but I am generally against anyone who gets the star treatment by the refs because it is ridiculous.   Giannis just got on guys I do not like list bigtime.

You can spin it anyway you want this team was a disappointment and played well below expectations this year, so no my opinion did not change.

yup TP ...  couldn't agree more.

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Bucks never beat Kawhi Raptors in a series this year and no way can they beat GS with KD on GS.

Bucks should dominate east as Giannis just gets better and better especially with abusted up raptors team mi us Kawhi. ...I don't see Kawhi staying unless,they beat GS ....and , but this possible and they could,beat Houston definitely and win the title.

Celtics mean while are stinking up Boston.
Bucks split season series with Raps and I think manhandled the Warriors at GS. You underrate Bux
I think by now the regular season is effectively meaningless, considering the changes both the Bucks and Raps made (Mirotic & Gasol respectively). Plus, GS at home aren't the unstoppable force they previously have been.

I mean, the Lakers with LeBron only playing half the game absolutely man-handled a fully healthy Warriors
So you agree with him that the Bucks would lose to the Raptors ?

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
This just isn't true.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline Briantir

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 14
I don't think the Bucks will be able to beat Toronto 4 times Kawhi can drop 30 any game against anyone from anywhere on the floor there is no game plan for him, gianiss though is like LeBron you turn him into a jump shooter... Kawhi has experience beating LeBron so that should be advantage Raptors if they meet in the 3rd round.