Author Topic: Kyrie Calls out the Refs...Finally!  (Read 6407 times)

Kyrie Calls out the Refs...Finally!
« on: May 04, 2019, 09:20:51 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/05/04/kyrie-irving-complains-foul-calls-giannis-antetokounmpo-ridiculous-slowing-the-game-down/

yes, yes I understand the refs arent the full reason the celtics lost...but Giannis got 22 free throws BY HIMSELF. more than the entire celtics team. In a game when guys on the celtics were driving to the hoop and getting hammered and the refs were swallowing their whistles. On the other end, anytime Giannis misses a shot or coach bud complains the whistles come out. Celtics were in the penalty with 7 minutes to go in the 3rd. That definitely has to effect your defense when you know you cant play physical with a guy.

This has all the makings of the League making this a seven game series. Celtics tie it up 2-2 next game.

Hopefully Kyrie calling out the refs lends them to call the game more evenly next time. I dont care if you are going to call the celtics for those touch fouls on giannis. But on the other end, give Kyrie/Horford the same benefit of the doubt...rather than swallowing the whistles while they get hammered in the paint all game.

Re: Kyrie Calls out the Refs...Finally!
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 09:24:00 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
It is pretty ridiculous at this point.

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 09:27:38 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
The 3rd quarter fouls were devastating and eventually led to the scoring outburst at the end of the period by Hill and the Bucks. The Cs were completely taken out of any rhythm. We managed to get a number of free-throws in the 4th, but it was seemingly too late as we were in catch-up mode the entire time.

We can only hope for better in the next game, but I am going to stop feeling confident at halftime and just until the final buzzer sounds. The fouls are bad, but these 3rd quarters are showing that the Cs just aren't as good as the Bucks.

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 09:28:19 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Giannis is a joke. He travels every time he makes a move and commits offensive fouls and complains, just like Embiid.

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 09:32:32 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
is it too much to ask for consistency in officiating? I think thats all fans want... an evenly called game. When you see what the refs allow vs Kyrie Irving and Horford allowing the bucks to beat them up for steals which should be fould and on the other end have the whistles ready for anytime Giannis misses.

I know some will say "dont blame the refs" and yes they arent the sole reason the celtics lost...but they shouldnt be absolved of blame everytime they call a bad game because teams should "just play through it"

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 09:34:48 AM »

Offline MichiganAdam

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 16
The c's star gets hammered and no calls, Giannis gets looked at cross eyed and gets the call.  This is the disparity in this series summed up.  change either one of those facts and the c's win.

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2019, 10:01:28 AM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
The refs ARE the reason they lost and I'm not ashamed to say it.
I've seen teams usually give up driving due to not getting calls, but they actually stuck with it and were not rewarded. I saw mke poke hands everytime they drove causing TO's. I have a hard time believing mke has the players that are that good on d. It was like watching 5 KG's on the floor.

The worst part is this will be the norm for mke going forward. We saw how lebron was treated and now giannis gets the same if not worse. What you're seeing a WWE style put over and it's ruined it. I had to endure a decade of lebron getting this and now Giannis. I'm simply done with this league.
Still don't believe in Joe.

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2019, 10:37:15 AM »

Offline G-Bones

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 97
Well said, Angry.

I knew the fix was in when Brown made his slam dunk while the Greek god was knocking him upside the head AND NO FOUL was called.I hate this star treatment garbage. Fake NBA

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2019, 10:58:20 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/05/04/kyrie-irving-complains-foul-calls-giannis-antetokounmpo-ridiculous-slowing-the-game-down/

yes, yes I understand the refs arent the full reason the celtics lost...but Giannis got 22 free throws BY HIMSELF. more than the entire celtics team. In a game when guys on the celtics were driving to the hoop and getting hammered and the refs were swallowing their whistles. On the other end, anytime Giannis misses a shot or coach bud complains the whistles come out. Celtics were in the penalty with 7 minutes to go in the 3rd. That definitely has to effect your defense when you know you cant play physical with a guy.

This has all the makings of the League making this a seven game series. Celtics tie it up 2-2 next game.

Hopefully Kyrie calling out the refs lends them to call the game more evenly next time. I dont care if you are going to call the celtics for those touch fouls on giannis. But on the other end, give Kyrie/Horford the same benefit of the doubt...rather than swallowing the whistles while they get hammered in the paint all game.
The whiners are out in full force.  In what world, is 22 greater than 32?  We actually made 30FTs to the Bucks 24.  Irving got 12 FTAs when he only averaged 3.7 in the regular season.  The Celts are a jump shooting team who was next to last in FTAs in the regular season. 

The refs didn't allow Hill and Connaughton to score 35pts.  The refs didn't bite on a Giannis 3pt fake.  The refs didn't play Ojeleye over Baynes. 

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2019, 10:58:44 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Pro wrestling is more legit than some of these star calls.

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2019, 11:03:13 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Well, finally Kyrie knows how it feels like to be on the other end of the calls that the Cavs got when they had Lebron.

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2019, 11:08:55 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Pro wrestling is more legit than some of these star calls.

Now that deserves a TP.

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2019, 11:42:27 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
The refs aren't the reason the Celtics lost the last two games.

The way these two teams play, it is no surprise at all that the bucks are forcing the refs to make calls.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2019, 12:52:43 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74

The whiners are out in full force.  In what world, is 22 greater than 32?  We actually made 30FTs to the Bucks 24.  Irving got 12 FTAs when he only averaged 3.7 in the regular season.  The Celts are a jump shooting team who was next to last in FTAs in the regular season. 

The refs didn't allow Hill and Connaughton to score 35pts.  The refs didn't bite on a Giannis 3pt fake.  The refs didn't play Ojeleye over Baynes.

Kind of a harsh way to describe your fellow fans. The stats are pretty clear that the refs decided to change what they were calling in the 2nd half. The problem is that they did it for the Bucks first, which severely affected our defensive scheme. The ending numbers don't tell that story, which is why watching the game might have provided insight there. For reference:

- There were 12 free throws in the 1st half on 14 foul calls.
- There were 56 free throws in on 39 foul calls in the 2nd.

If you don't think that our ability to guard closely affects whether their role players get going, or if we can close out to shooters more effectively, then I don't know what to tell you. When the refs let us play a little, it's in our advantage. When they have a tighter whistle, the Bucks have an edge. I don't think asking for consistency is unreasonable.

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2019, 01:06:42 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Kind of a harsh way to describe your fellow fans. The stats are pretty clear that the refs decided to change what they were calling in the 2nd half. The problem is that they did it for the Bucks first, which severely affected our defensive scheme. The ending numbers don't tell that story, which is why watching the game might have provided insight there. For reference:

- There were 12 free throws in the 1st half on 14 foul calls.
- There were 56 free throws in on 39 foul calls in the 2nd.

If you don't think that our ability to guard closely affects whether their role players get going, or if we can close out to shooters more effectively, then I don't know what to tell you. When the refs let us play a little, it's in our advantage. When they have a tighter whistle, the Bucks have an edge. I don't think asking for consistency is unreasonable.
No you don't get it. The free throw numbers were close so therefore the officiating was fair and good! /sarcasm
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)