Author Topic: All Star Reserves  (Read 10513 times)

Re: All Star Reserves
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2024, 05:47:17 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2958
  • On To Banner 18!
Miami having 2 All Stars is a joke.

True, and Lillard being an all star starter is a joke to me.

You got that right. I forgot about that one. Clearly KP and White should be ahead of Lillard and Butler.

I have a feeling Butler will be chosen as a reserve as well, he doesn't deserve it either.  20 points a game on a crap heat team that is barely over .500 and have lost 5 straight.  But now I am griping about things that haven't happened yet, lol.
coaches love Jimmy Butler. He shouldn't make the team, but I do think he has a better chance than Porzingis

He missed like 15 games out of 46. He won’t even be eligible for all-nba teams or any awards. Hilarious if he makes it

Butler making it would be an even bigger joke than Lillard being a starter for it.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2024, 06:46:37 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Miami having 2 All Stars is a joke.

True, and Lillard being an all star starter is a joke to me.

You got that right. I forgot about that one. Clearly KP and White should be ahead of Lillard and Butler.

I have a feeling Butler will be chosen as a reserve as well, he doesn't deserve it either.  20 points a game on a crap heat team that is barely over .500 and have lost 5 straight.  But now I am griping about things that haven't happened yet, lol.
coaches love Jimmy Butler. He shouldn't make the team, but I do think he has a better chance than Porzingis

He missed like 15 games out of 46. He won’t even be eligible for all-nba teams or any awards. Hilarious if he makes it
Jimmy has played 2 less games than Porzingis.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2024, 07:21:44 PM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Jaylen named to the All Star reserves

https://x.com/NBAonTNT/status/1753210766361051470?s=20
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2024, 07:22:33 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Bleh. Was hoping one of KP or White made it. Though I think KP has a real shot to make it as a Randle replacement.

Congrats to JB! Top pick for the reserves.

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2024, 07:22:46 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 660
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I think KP will replace Randle or Embiid

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2024, 07:27:45 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
With Embiid injured Brown I think will take his spot in the starting lineup. And with Randle and Embiid out you got to think KP has a shot to be named a reserve.

Actually so does Derick white, injury replacements don't have to be from the same position as the injured player.

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2024, 07:30:39 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Congrats JB!  I'd love to see White and KP get some recognition, but rest helps too.   

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2024, 07:30:45 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2934
Well, it's probably between three people to replace Embiid and Randle - KP, Barnes, and Turner. Think KP has to be one of those, with it being a toss up between Barnes and Turner. I'd probably go with Barnes despite playing on the worse team.

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2024, 07:33:41 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
Bleh. Was hoping one of KP or White made it. Though I think KP has a real shot to make it as a Randle replacement.

White and KP are great but neither deserved to be all stars and I’d rather them have the time off. Jaylen is deserving and I’m happy for him.

« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2024, 07:35:22 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 660
  • MASTER OF PANIC

White and KP are great but neither deserved to be all stars and I’d rather them have the time off. Jaylen is deserving and I’m happy for him.

KP deserves to make it with two spots open.

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2024, 07:36:41 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
Kristaps, White, Butler, Scottie Barnes, Jarret Allen, Trae Young probably the list of guys vying for injury replacement. Don't really think anybody else has a case tbh.

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2024, 07:46:28 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
No Sabonis or Fox?
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2024, 07:46:32 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
My prediction for reserves:

East
FC:Brown, Randle, Adebayo
G: Brunson, Mitchell
WC: Maxey, Banchero

Only one I'm questionable on is the final WC. Probably one of Banchero/Barnes/Butler/White/Porzingis/Young, all have a legit case. Barnes and Young team records are bad, Butler and Porzingis have missed some games. So I'd guess White or Banchero.

West
FC: Kawhi, Sabonis, Davis
G: Curry, Edwards
WC: Booker, Fox

The west is REALLY hard. You could argue for Markkanen, Senguin, Zion, Ingram, Gobert, Towns, George even Wemby and probably others I'm forgetting in really any order. Kawhi, Curry, Edwards and Davis are the only ones I'm sure make it.

What do you guys think? Who makes it? Anybody you are 100% convinced HAS TO MAKE IT.

Well, I nailed the East. But George/KAT got the nod over Sabonis/Fox in the west. Tough break for Kings fans.

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2024, 07:56:12 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
No Sabonis or Fox?
Lakers are 24-25 and get 2 all stars, Kings are 27-19 with no all stars. Naturally.

KP or White will have a decent chance if there are going to be 2 injury replacements in the East. Should be interesting.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2024, 08:00:17 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2409
No Sabonis or Fox?
Lakers are 24-25 and get 2 all stars, Kings are 27-19 with no all stars. Naturally.

KP or White will have a decent chance if there are going to be 2 injury replacements in the East. Should be interesting.

No D Fox feels off. He has been fantastic. 27ppg. Good efficiency. Good passing. One of the most unstoppable PGs in the league thanks to his speed. Impossible to stay in front of.

Not upset about D Sabonis. He has been great but there is strong competition there. That could have gone either way.

I do feel D Fox should have been a sure-thing though.