Author Topic: All Star Reserves  (Read 10510 times)

Re: All Star Reserves
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2024, 12:07:53 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1481
Miami having 2 All Stars is a joke.

True, and Lillard being an all star starter is a joke to me. 

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2024, 12:10:21 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

You got that right. I forgot about that one. Clearly KP and White should be ahead of Lillard and Butler.

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2024, 12:15:51 AM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1481

You got that right. I forgot about that one. Clearly KP and White should be ahead of Lillard and Butler.

I have a feeling Butler will be chosen as a reserve as well, he doesn't deserve it either.  20 points a game on a crap heat team that is barely over .500 and have lost 5 straight.  But now I am griping about things that haven't happened yet, lol.

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2024, 12:19:22 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

Butler has zero chance of making it barring injuries. He has missed 33% of his teams games and is averaging 20 points.

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2024, 07:01:16 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
I would be happy if KP made it due to his stats, but I really want Derrick to make it. It would be great recognition of how he impacts winning on our team. Hopefully the coaches see things like this:

He is way out in front in our on-off stats. Plus, having "six All Stars" just has a nice ring to it  :laugh:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2024, 08:38:50 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

I have a feeling Butler will be chosen as a reserve as well, he doesn't deserve it either.  20 points a game on a crap heat team that is barely over .500 and have lost 5 straight.  But now I am griping about things that haven't happened yet, lol.
coaches love Jimmy Butler. He shouldn't make the team, but I do think he has a better chance than Porzingis
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2024, 08:47:26 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
I would be happy if KP made it due to his stats, but I really want Derrick to make it. It would be great recognition of how he impacts winning on our team. Hopefully the coaches see things like this:

He is way out in front in our on-off stats. Plus, having "six All Stars" just has a nice ring to it  :laugh:

Where are those from?  The on-off stats at basketball reference are quite different.  The still have White out in front by a large margin, but everything below him is different, both in rank and raw number.

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2024, 09:15:15 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

Where are those from?  The on-off stats at basketball reference are quite different.  The still have White out in front by a large margin, but everything below him is different, both in rank and raw number.

It's from Cleaning the Glass. It's more focused on ranking players on percentiles, both overall and in their specific roles. What I linked earlier was the net on/off Team Efficiency and Four Factors, but you can also rank them in more specific categories.

https://cleaningtheglass.com/
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2024, 10:46:55 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
KP and/or white deserve to be in it.

although games missed by KP might hurt him.

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2024, 11:44:57 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
More I think about it, am hoping neither White or Porzingis is selected.  Fuel to the fire.

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2024, 03:40:58 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
More I think about it, am hoping neither White or Porzingis is selected.  Fuel to the fire.

Also, rest.

I may be misremembering this, but didn't the team and/or Tatum go into a slump after the break last year?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2024, 04:04:03 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
The All-Star game is fan service for casual fans. It's lost all of its cache. If it ever had any. I would say that it helps get calls from the refs but Tatum has been in it for 3 going on 4 years and he still gets a crap whistle...

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2024, 04:12:41 PM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar

Also, rest.

I may be misremembering this, but didn't the team and/or Tatum go into a slump after the break last year?
Yep - but I would bet this had more to do with discord within the coaching staff since that was when Mazz got the 'interim' tag removed, which pretty clearly saw Stat leave for greener pastures.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2024, 04:59:05 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be

Maybe but I have to imagine it'd mean a lot to Derrick.  He's absolutely busted his butt to get to where he is today.   It'd be nice to see him get the recognition and playing with the big boys. 

It's a long shot but I'd love to see him playing in the ASG

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2024, 05:23:33 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

coaches love Jimmy Butler. He shouldn't make the team, but I do think he has a better chance than Porzingis

He missed like 15 games out of 46. He won’t even be eligible for all-nba teams or any awards. Hilarious if he makes it