Author Topic: Celtics pipeline  (Read 951 times)

Celtics pipeline
« on: January 03, 2024, 08:15:32 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
As the C's play these young athletic teams, it makes me wonder whether their pipeline of young players is good enough. The pipeline consists of:

Madar, Begarin, Davison, Walsh, Peterson and Queta (did I miss anyone)

Do any of these players have the chance to be really good as in, a rotation NBA player or even a starter?

Tatum, Brown, Porzingus and White are in are in their primes. Horford and Holiday are past their primes. If they don't win a chip this season, I truly wonder about the future of this team.

Re: Celtics pipeline
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2024, 08:48:53 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
As the C's play these young athletic teams, it makes me wonder whether their pipeline of young players is good enough. The pipeline consists of:

Do any of these players have the chance to be really good as in, a rotation NBA player or even a starter?

Tatum, Brown, Porzingus and White are in are in their primes. Horford and Holiday are past their primes. If they don't win a chip this season, I truly wonder about the future of this team.

Tatum, Brown, Smart, RWill, that was our pipeline.  The pipeline either became established stars or were traded for established stars.  The pipeline served its purpose.  We are no different than any other top team; PHI, DEN, MIL, MIN, and so on.  None of these teams have a pipeline.

OKC is really more at the point of transition.  SGA is certainly out of the pipeline and fully into stardom (he is 25).  They do have other young players who aren't quite yet stars.  Usually teams like this don't go deep into the playoffs until they are able to mix in some veterans.  We shall see with OKC.

I would rather have established stars than a pipeline of potential stars.  It is hard to have both.

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2024, 08:54:30 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar

Tatum, Brown, Smart, RWill, that was our pipeline.  The pipeline either became established stars or were traded for established stars.  The pipeline served its purpose.  We are no different than any other top team; PHI, DEN, MIL, MIN, and so on.  None of these teams have a pipeline.

OKC is really more at the point of transition.  SGA is certainly out of the pipeline and fully into stardom (he is 25).  They do have other young players who aren't quite yet stars.  Usually teams like this don't go deep into the playoffs until they are able to mix in some veterans.  We shall see with OKC.

I would rather have established stars than a pipeline of potential stars.  It is hard to have both.

Correct. It's extraordinarily difficult, verging on impossible, for an NBA team to maintain a top-tier pipeline of young players with superstar potential while in direct contention for a championship.

This is by design.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2024, 09:29:44 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I have hopes that Walsh can be a rotation player.  Davidson can at least be deep bench.

But, as others have said, top tier teams with high payrolls aren't going to have much of a pipeline.  All we can really hope for is that Brad finds some diamonds in the late first or with the various second rounders that he has accumulated.  Otherwise, we'll be filling out the bench with veteran minimum players for the foreseeable future unless we dump some salary.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes