Author Topic: Some Oshae Brissett Love  (Read 3042 times)

Some Oshae Brissett Love
« on: January 01, 2024, 12:12:29 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 743
Someone has to love this guy, it might as well be me.

I love his energy, I love the way he rebounds, I love the way he defends, I love the way he fights, and I love the way his energy raises the energy of his teammates when he's on the floor.

Full disclosure: I don't love that he can't figure out how to score. But that's not what this thread is about.

This thread is about giving some love to the best bring-the-energy guy we have on the bench. I hope he gets a chance to get more comfortable in the rotation as we get deeper into the season. As nice as it is to always have 5 guys on the floor who can score/make plays, sometimes you need a guy who's just out there to do the dirty work and those guys need some love.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

Re: Some Oshae Brissett Love
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2024, 12:42:31 AM »

Offline NextCeltic34

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
He seems like a less annoying Grant Williams as far as getting along with everyone and being the social talkative guy to the rest of the team.

I think our bench has been great. Yeah we don't have the 6th Man of the year in Brogdon or Grant/Rob Will but everyone has shown something and it seems like anyone Mazzulla plugs in contributes in their own way. Not everyone needs to be a shooter/scorer on this team but guys like Brissett are out there hustling and it's fun to watch.

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2024, 04:24:54 AM »

Offline wikkid1

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
Absolutely love the guy’s energy.  When he’s in the game he’s everywhere.

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2024, 04:39:38 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
My new year’s wish for him would be to develop a consistent 3 ball. He’s streaky at best, but his energy is way up there. He’s a nice bench guy to have.

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2024, 07:48:58 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Oshae has solidified himself as our 10th guy. (6,7,8,9 are Horford, Pritchard, Hauser, Kornet.) He doesn't need to have a consistent 3, but it would be nice to see better finishing around the rim on offensive rebounds.

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2024, 09:04:51 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Nice energy impact entering the game .  Picks up defense and hits the boards when others are tired .  Makes opposing team spend lots of energy.

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2024, 10:16:14 AM »

Online A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 488
He is a great end of rotation guy. Has good size and length for a big wing, and has infectious energy and hustle. Can't ask for much more out of a 8th or 9th guy.
#JKJB

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2024, 10:32:07 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
Like see more of him
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2024, 10:33:25 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Oshae has solidified himself as our 10th guy. (6,7,8,9 are Horford, Pritchard, Hauser, Kornet.) He doesn't need to have a consistent 3, but it would be nice to see better finishing around the rim on offensive rebounds.

I think Queta is solidly ahead of him, so maybe 11th. I don't know if he's "solidly" ahead of Banton (and Stevens), though
I'm bitter.

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2024, 10:41:52 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

I think Queta is solidly ahead of him, so maybe 11th. I don't know if he's "solidly" ahead of Banton (and Stevens), though

Queta slides back down unless one of Big Al, KP or Kornet are (which seems to be most nights).

I’ve been wanting to see some more Oshae, so happy to see him get minutes.  I like that Joe has given the other similar guys a shot, but Oshae is just a more polished product at this point and the energy is always welcome off the bench.
Yup

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2024, 12:06:18 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
I have been beating this drum all season. He had not been good but has shown some signs of life lately. I am not sure that there is anything solid for the rotation past 8 but there is a huge opportunity for Brissett if he keeps playing well.  I am really rooting for him. He could fill a real need.

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2024, 01:52:25 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2004
I loved the Brissett signing this offseason.  Brissett knows his role, accepts it, and is always ready to play.  His skills contrast with the other wing players on our team and he gives us much needed toughness and energy off the bench.  He doesn't just have a good nose for the ball, he actively pursues it.  Watching him battle for offensive boards is awesome.  He also gives us needed defensive versatility.  Sometimes overplays on defense a bit, but overall his awareness, positioning, and help defense have been very solid.  Just the other game against Toronto he helped just enough to cause Barnes to miss the potential game-tying shot at the very end.

He obviously won't get much minutes in the playoffs, but I still think he will be useful in certain situations, particularly against smaller lineups where we need speed and versatility.

+1 for Oshae.  I'm a fan.

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2024, 09:28:27 PM »

Offline SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2004
Awesome game from Oshae.  8 rebounds in just 19 minutes, 5 of them offensive.  I never expect his shooting percentages to be good, but his energy off the bench is a legitimate weapon.  I'm glad we have this guy on the cheap this year and next.

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2024, 09:32:45 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I really love Oshae's energy. Brad said we needed a big wing. No reason Oshae can't fill that role.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2024, 09:34:35 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2958
  • On To Banner 18!
Brissett was flying out there in the 4th and creating havoc on the boards, but even defensively he was running at Pacers' players and making them hesitate on shots or drives. Closing their lanes and not making it easy.

Smart sort of did that for us in the past (heart and hustle) but Brissett is also 4 inches taller and fills a nice 9th or 10th man wing role which Smart couldn't.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller