Author Topic: Will you be less upset if Pelicans don't make the playoffs  (Read 1588 times)

Will you be less upset if Pelicans don't make the playoffs
« on: February 24, 2017, 03:24:09 PM »

Online celticsclay

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1397
I, like many, tend to think Cousins can be a superstar and was a bit disappointed we did not get to see him on the Celtics for what was a low price we could have easily matched. That being said, if Cousins goes to Pelicans and a team with him, AD (a fellow superstar) and Holiday (a tick below all-star level) and a few average rotation players will you view him as less of a superstar? Will you be less disappointed we don't have him?

For me, if he can't get that team into the playoffs over severely flawed teams like Portland and Denver?

Side note: It will be the greatest story of the season and Sacramento makes the playoffs without him over the pelicans...

Re: Will you be less upset if Pelicans don't make the playoffs
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 03:28:43 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I think most players get a pass until their first full season with the new team. It wouldn't be fair to apply a different standard to Cousins.

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 03:32:41 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25606
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Have you looked at the Pelicans' roster? They have three star players and a bunch of relative nobodies. They start E'twan Moore and Solomon Hill.  Their coaching staff stinks, too.

I don't expect the Pelicans to make the playoffs this year.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 03:33:37 PM »

Online BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1214
The only thing that would make me upset (with regards to the Pelicans) is if Gentry is still coaching them next year.  It's one thing to waste the prime of one franchise big man, but if he does it with two I will be very upset
I'm bitter.

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 05:05:26 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1561
Only if Cousins implodes and that is the reason.  If they just can't catch Denver or Portland (or Dallas catches them), then no.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 05:10:36 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I'm not upset now.  They also won't make the playoffs next season.

What will be interesting is if the Kings actually make the playoffs this season, after trading Boogie.  If they're able improve in their standings with him gone, that will go a long way to confirming the "Boogie Tax" is a real thing.  I'm on the fence, currently, as to whether it's true, although I'm beginning to lean that way.

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 05:18:29 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
Still was a good trade for them. What could be another bust pick in Hield got flipped for the best bigman in the game. You telling me he couldn't have convinced VIvec that Jaylen is a boy in a man's body? That Bradley is a known better shooter than buddy and young enough to get better? That the PGs at the top of this draft all have All star potential and you need one in the West? Like what was the obsession with Buddy stinkin' Hield.

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 05:21:49 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I could care less, as I do not hang out on Pelicansblog.

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 05:22:13 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 745
It was fun to see the Pelicans lose and the Kings win on their first night back but that's not a sign of a trend.

Denver has been good for a while now. If the Pelicans lose out on the playoffs this season it's not going to mean much. If the Pelicans struggle next season, that situation is going to get real interesting real fast.

But I didn't really want Boogie on the Celtics, regardless.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2017, 05:27:29 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1036
I hope they mesh enough to make the playoffs and give the Warriors fits down low.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 05:33:59 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I'm not upset to begin with.

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2017, 05:34:15 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
If people on this board are upset/happy over what happens to the Pelicans they should stop coming to Celticsblog.com.

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2017, 05:35:08 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I hope they mesh enough to make the playoffs and give the Warriors fits down low.

This.

So far, they don't look good but it's only one game.

They need to seriously fix / upgrade their perimeter defense, though.

Makes me SO GLAD we have Marcus, Jae and AB coming back soon.

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2017, 05:38:32 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2671
  • bammokja
I, like many, tend to think Cousins can be a superstar and was a bit disappointed we did not get to see him on the Celtics for what was a low price we could have easily matched. That being said, if Cousins goes to Pelicans and a team with him, AD (a fellow superstar) and Holiday (a tick below all-star level) and a few average rotation players will you view him as less of a superstar? Will you be less disappointed we don't have him?

For me, if he can't get that team into the playoffs over severely flawed teams like Portland and Denver?

Side note: It will be the greatest story of the season and Sacramento makes the playoffs without him over the pelicans...
i wasnt originally upset, so the pellies not make the playoff would only result in a few chuckles from me. and maybe one guffaw.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva