Author Topic: 2013 CB Draft : Draft Thread : VOTING ENDS 8:00PM EST TONIGHT  (Read 1011059 times)

Re: 2013 CB Draft : Draft Thread - RECRUITING GMs & coGMs
« Reply #555 on: August 19, 2013, 10:22:41 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
To those of us with a plethora of 2nds and 3rds:

Brothers, hold onto your picks. These coming rounds are ours,  we decide the fate of the CBNBA. Brothers, hold onto your picks. Let those who traded  for your low first rounders for a moment of fleeting first day glory, sit and squirm whilst you put together teams of unimaginable depth that will remind all who play of the 2004 Pistons. Brothers, hold onto your picks. For any many that keeps his picks, be he ne'er so vile, shall be my brother. And gentlemen of the CBNBA who traded quickly will hold their manhoods cheap whilst any picks who  kept the well earned spoils of his trades. Brothers, make your picks!

I know this was a bit sarcastic, but it is true though especially with a lot of people overpaying to get into the first round. The only tandem that might be a bit scary is the Williams/Durant, but with them not having another pick until the 5th round I don't think they will be able to add some reliable players next to that core. Tommorow is going to separate the great teams from the good ones and it's going to be dominated by KC and I.  8)

Re: 2013 CB Draft : Draft Thread - RECRUITING 1 GM to TAKE OVER TEAM
« Reply #556 on: August 19, 2013, 10:23:39 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Just rewatched the Uncle Drew commercials. I really loved those.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #557 on: August 19, 2013, 10:26:46 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
To those of us with a plethora of 2nds and 3rds:

Brothers, hold onto your picks. These coming rounds are ours,  we decide the fate of the CBNBA. Brothers, hold onto your picks. Let those who traded  for your low first rounders for a moment of fleeting first day glory, sit and squirm whilst you put together teams of unimaginable depth that will remind all who play of the 2004 Pistons. Brothers, hold onto your picks. For any many that keeps his picks, be he ne'er so vile, shall be my brother. And gentlemen of the CBNBA who traded quickly will hold their manhoods cheap whilst any picks who  kept the well earned spoils of his trades. Brothers, make your picks!

I know this was a bit sarcastic, but it is true though especially with a lot of people overpaying to get into the first round. The only tandem that might be a bit scary is the Williams/Durant, but with them not having another pick until the 5th round I don't think they will be able to add some reliable players next to that core. Tommorow is going to separate the great teams from the good ones and it's going to be dominated by KC and I.  8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmSbXsFE3l8

This is what your second round picks sang when you traded them away. Because much like Anna Kendrick, they're undervalued until you remember just how talented they are.

« Reply #558 on: August 19, 2013, 10:30:28 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
That's funny Ron and KC, cuz I have more 2nd rounders than both of you. I will be dominating.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #559 on: August 19, 2013, 10:33:04 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
That's funny Ron and KC, cuz I have more 2nd rounders than both of you. I will be dominating.

You have 2 I have 2 and KC has 2 so we all have the same amount (unless you made a trade) join us brother.

« Reply #560 on: August 19, 2013, 10:33:48 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas

You have 2 I have 2 and KC has 2 so we all have the same amount (unless you made a trade) join us brother.

Make that 3. Pending confirmation.
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #561 on: August 19, 2013, 10:44:19 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
cruising the wires, sending out some irresistible trade offers
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #562 on: August 19, 2013, 10:56:07 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies

I'm a big fan of superstar-less teams that rely on the team dynamic like the Pacers and Grizzlies in real life. With the nature of this draft, it'll be very difficult to pull off something along those lines, but I'm very excited in monitoring your guys's picks tomorrow. Best of luck!

« Reply #563 on: August 19, 2013, 10:59:17 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

ANNOUNCEMENT

The management of the Orlando Magic has been taken over by veteran CB Draft GM,

foulweatherfan.

Congrats to fwf for stepping up and I wish him all the luck in the world.

« Reply #564 on: August 19, 2013, 11:04:55 PM »

Offline rondoallaturca

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 350
  • DKC Memphis Grizzlies
Big props for taking on a team which had Kobe as its first pick. Welcome aboard and good luck, foulweatherfan!

Re: 2013 CB Draft : Draft Thread - Back to playing the game
« Reply #565 on: August 19, 2013, 11:07:39 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Thanks Nick, but I'm actually a rookie CB drafter. 

I'd like to kick things off by announcing that 5-time NBA champion and Top 10 all-timer Kobe "Superbean" Bryant is officially OFF THE TABLE.  No trade offers please!

« Reply #566 on: August 19, 2013, 11:10:02 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
Think Nick might have gotten 'foulweatherfan' mistaken with 'fairweatherfan'

« Reply #567 on: August 19, 2013, 11:15:52 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Think Nick might have gotten 'foulweatherfan' mistaken with 'fairweatherfan'

That's common. The only actual difference is a jet-black goatee.

« Reply #568 on: August 19, 2013, 11:44:41 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I think I'm going to be really happy with whatever player I get on my list tomorrow, especially paired next to Paul George.

« Reply #569 on: August 19, 2013, 11:55:03 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I think I'm going to be really happy with whatever player I get on my list tomorrow, especially paired next to Paul George.

If we could've landed a second 1st, Paul George would've been one of the picks. But the thing about him is, those pacers, in this league..they're like a borderline 3rd, almost 4th tier team. But you can build around George, and if he takes yet another step forward next season, this comment will look really dumb.