Author Topic: Celtics (46-32) at Heat (38-39) Game #79 4/3/19  (Read 28996 times)

Re: Celtics (46-32) at Heat (38-39) Game #79 4/3/19
« Reply #360 on: April 04, 2019, 08:43:31 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Question for the "bEtTeR wItHoUt KyRiE" crew...

Does the "young guys win games without Kyrie" logic also apply to the fact we're a perfect 7-0 in games Jaylen Brown doesn't play?

Is we "bEtTeR wiThOuT jAyLeN"?

Don't expect many (or any) responses  :angel:

In games Jaylen hasn't played, Gordon has averaged 17.1 points, 4.5 assists, 5.5 rebounds with 53.7% from the field and 56.8% from three.

I don't blame Jaylen for this... in the same way I don't blame Kyrie for that flukey 11-3 record without him.  If anything, there's some truth that we have too many guys and players tend to play more cohesive basketball when there is less talent to balance.  Tonight, no Morris and Jaylen paved the way for Gordon.  On some nights, we've seen players step up in a big way with Kyrie out.

Blaming Kyrie is just as logical as blaming Jaylen.  Neither makes sense when you look at it in context... but the simple fact remains this team hasn't lost in games Jaylen sits.
TP, great post.  Also, that doesn't mean that the team is too deep.  The depth has served them well throughout the season and players have stepped up when others are out.  When everyone is available to play, guys have to accept that they many not get their minutes, but have to be ready when called upon.  This is hard for younger players and also hard for Gordon who needs reps (his own words).  No one should be surprised that it has taken him a whole season to get back into top form.

« Reply #361 on: April 04, 2019, 11:43:25 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
What I liked the most last night is how often after grabbing a rebound Hayward pushes to fast break the offense. He’s very skilled in this, which creates a lot of easy scoring opportunities. Plus he plays with guys who excel in open court. Including Brown.

« Reply #362 on: April 04, 2019, 12:17:29 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Waiting for playoff.
I actually found myself bored after the first half and went to bed  :blank:

« Reply #363 on: April 04, 2019, 02:06:15 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
What I liked the most last night is how often after grabbing a rebound Hayward pushes to fast break the offense. He’s very skilled in this, which creates a lot of easy scoring opportunities. Plus he plays with guys who excel in open court. Including Brown.
Him and Brown both like to break out and attempt to beat the defense before it sets by going end to end on a rebound. Both are good at it.

I guess I would prefer a fast break philosophy of quick outlet passes to half court for a fast break but what Gordon and Jaylen do works as well. Especially Brown who can shift into another speed gear when he sees an opening.

Tommy called Brown "The Jet" one time when he suddenly just burst towards the basket one time. I like it. Jaylen "The Jet" Brown.

« Reply #364 on: April 04, 2019, 07:27:36 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Him and Brown both like to break out and attempt to beat the defense before it sets by going end to end on a rebound. Both are good at it.

I guess I would prefer a fast break philosophy of quick outlet passes to half court for a fast break but what Gordon and Jaylen do works as well. Especially Brown who can shift into another speed gear when he sees an opening.

Tommy called Brown "The Jet" one time when he suddenly just burst towards the basket one time. I like it. Jaylen "The Jet" Brown.
We are lucky to have a center who can get the rebound and go coast-to-coast.  Horford's approach is a bit different than our wings though.  He surprises the defense with his ball-handling, then gets to the post where he uses his strength, has great moves and a nice touch on the fade-away.

« Reply #365 on: April 04, 2019, 08:01:28 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

We are lucky to have a center who can get the rebound and go coast-to-coast.  Horford's approach is a bit different than our wings though.  He surprises the defense with his ball-handling, then gets to the post where he uses his strength, has great moves and a nice touch on the fade-away.
Also very good. I love the fact we have a center that has such a well rounded game.