Author Topic: Boston College Basketball  (Read 48559 times)

Re: Boston College Basketball
« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2009, 02:51:09 PM »

Offline Big_Matt34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
Just a nasty dunk, bad call too as the dude was clearly moving his feet. BC has had the 2 tough losses but they are now 6-2 without their best player, Sanders may be back on Wed though. Dont know if they will move Jackson or Raji to the bench but that team becomes very tough to matchup with with Rakim in there.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCxEY-lgf2w&feature=related

« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 03:29:54 PM by Big_Matt34 »

« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2009, 04:27:19 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Thoughts so far.
Once Rakim Sanders is back this team is a top 25 team. They are playing good defense rebounding and really coming together as a team.
They are a team that lacks some size up front, but they make up for it with athletic wing players that can get up. Their last win against Miami was due in large part to their team rebounding. They had more offensive rebounds (23) than Miami had total rebounds (21).
With our big men (besides Southern) being undersized they worked on boxing out allowing the smaller leapers to go and get the basketball. If they continue to do this they will win a whole lot of games.

Hardlyyardly not sure what you said before, I'm guessing your not a fan of BC (Most people I know who go/went to Umass aren't) I wanted to know why this is? One of my friends from HS was a huge BC fan, then he went to Umass and he now hates BC. We don't have many quality college basketball programs in the area why not support both Umass and BC? You don't have to respond here just pm me if you like.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2009, 01:15:37 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Thoughts so far.
Once Rakim Sanders is back this team is a top 25 team. They are playing good defense rebounding and really coming together as a team.
They are a team that lacks some size up front, but they make up for it with athletic wing players that can get up. Their last win against Miami was due in large part to their team rebounding. They had more offensive rebounds (23) than Miami had total rebounds (21).
With our big men (besides Southern) being undersized they worked on boxing out allowing the smaller leapers to go and get the basketball. If they continue to do this they will win a whole lot of games.

Hardlyyardly not sure what you said before, I'm guessing your not a fan of BC (Most people I know who go/went to Umass aren't) I wanted to know why this is? One of my friends from HS was a huge BC fan, then he went to Umass and he now hates BC. We don't have many quality college basketball programs in the area why not support both Umass and BC? You don't have to respond here just pm me if you like.

I think that's like asking a guy from BC why he hates BU or Northeastern hockey...it's just a local rival.

Also it seems like there's this popular perception of BC students as dumb, rich, shallow, and spoiled.  Honestly I just think they wish they got into a better school....  :P
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #78 on: February 05, 2011, 09:57:21 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Not sure if anybody is interested but this is BC's top recruit in their incoming class.  Later in the video they show some post moves which i thought were impressive.  He was named the MVP of 2010 holliday classic out in CA and his team is number 1 in the state. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxq2dG_PLoI&feature=related

CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2011, 03:03:17 AM »

Offline Malik

• JD Davison
  • Tommy Points: 1
Seriously if you are not feeling well or if you have no good ideas about Boston college then you may need to go from here . It is good for you dear

« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2011, 08:29:21 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
http://www.gazettes.com/sports/poly/article_96080d18-512c-11e0-b90b-001cc4c03286.html

BC Recruit Ryan Anderson Named Gatorade player of the year in CA

Meanwhile, in the FL State Tourny, BC 2 star recruit Eddie Odio outplayed Austin Rivers in the Florida State Semi-finals.  Rivers finished with 26 pts on 33% shooting.  Odio had 21 pts and 10 rbs.  Unfortunately Austin's team won 67-64
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2011, 08:44:24 AM »

Offline toinewalka

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
Both guys look good.  Team moving in the right direction.  Just watched the video on Anderson.  Looks like a great player, but a little out of shape.  That will get fixed with a college workout program, and will add to his quickness and atheltisism as well.  Could be a scary combination and a good team for the next wouple of years to watch in the ACC.

« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2011, 08:48:06 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
Ya, I think the team could be moving in the right direction.  Donahue just has to get them playing defense.  I do LOVE the fact that Donahue has gone against the Al Skinner approach of, "Size doesnt Matter" and has a 7 foot center and 6'10 and 6'8 pf's coming in next year.

I always thought we got killed in the ACC because we couldnt match up with the size of the other teams.  Look at Duke and UNC, duke has the Plumlees and UNC has Hensen and Zeller,

« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2011, 10:32:23 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
Ya, I think the team could be moving in the right direction.  Donahue just has to get them playing defense.  I do LOVE the fact that Donahue has gone against the Al Skinner approach of, "Size doesnt Matter" and has a 7 foot center and 6'10 and 6'8 pf's coming in next year.

I always thought we got killed in the ACC because we couldnt match up with the size of the other teams.  Look at Duke and UNC, duke has the Plumlees and UNC has Hensen and Zeller,

I don't feel that Skinner thought size didn't matter, I think he was resigned to the fact that since BC isn't a top basketball school they wouldn't come here. Donahue doesn't have this attitude and is trying to grab everyone he can.

If anyone knows a good site watch video on these prospects let me know.

I think next year BC is a tournament team. Reggie Jackson as a senior playing with big men that can (hopefully) finish around the rim will make him look that much better.

« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2011, 10:37:40 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

I don't feel that Skinner thought size didn't matter, I think he was resigned to the fact that since BC isn't a top basketball school they wouldn't come here. Donahue doesn't have this attitude and is trying to grab everyone he can.

I think next year BC is a tournament team. Reggie Jackson as a senior playing with big men that can (hopefully) finish around the rim will make him look that much better.

I love your optimism but i can't see it.  We are losing 4 out of our 5 starters and guys that accounted for about 62% of our offense this year. 

Filling in for them is going to be 6 freshman and a Junior transfer from Oregon who averaged 5 points per game. 

I love the fact that Donahue has grabbed 3 guys from the Same AAU team in CA and i think that familiarity will defintely help us next year, but I don't think we will be a tourny team. I think we are looking at a 15-16 win team.

16 if we don't schedule harvard, 15 if we do ;)

« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2011, 10:53:35 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
And honestly I just youtube the clips.  Jordan Daniels seems like Tyrese Rice but an inch shorter.  He is crazy fast a good passer and looks like he has a smooth shot from 3. 

Caudill looks like a beast underneath. Averaged 23 and 12 in high school last year, and this is in CA so they are going against good-great competition every game.  He is just a huge huge guy. 

Meanwhile Anderson is an espn top 100 player and is just a stud, face up 4 man, like Trapani, but mor athletic and better inside game.

Lonnie Jackson averaged 25 ppg and shoots like the machine.

Clifford held his own in a matchup of with 5 star center Tarzecki or however you spell it.

And oddio seems to be a bouncy guy that can shoot and get to the rim, but is limited in his handle and is skinny.

« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2011, 11:05:30 AM »

Offline jamie9248922

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 20
And honestly I just youtube the clips.  Jordan Daniels seems like Tyrese Rice but an inch shorter.  He is crazy fast a good passer and looks like he has a smooth shot from 3. 

Caudill looks like a beast underneath. Averaged 23 and 12 in high school last year, and this is in CA so they are going against good-great competition every game.  He is just a huge huge guy. 

Meanwhile Anderson is an espn top 100 player and is just a stud, face up 4 man, like Trapani, but mor athletic and better inside game.

Lonnie Jackson averaged 25 ppg and shoots like the machine.

Clifford held his own in a matchup of with 5 star center Tarzecki or however you spell it.

And oddio seems to be a bouncy guy that can shoot and get to the rim, but is limited in his handle and is skinny.

Anderson just won California Gatorade Player of the Year...what a steal, he has skyrocketed up the rankings. If Reggie stays they will be a bubble team again. I hop he stays, he could use one more year.

« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2011, 12:06:08 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

I love your optimism but i can't see it.  We are losing 4 out of our 5 starters and guys that accounted for about 62% of our offense this year. 

Filling in for them is going to be 6 freshman and a Junior transfer from Oregon who averaged 5 points per game. 

I love the fact that Donahue has grabbed 3 guys from the Same AAU team in CA and i think that familiarity will defintely help us next year, but I don't think we will be a tourny team. I think we are looking at a 15-16 win team.

If you can't be optimistic before the season starts it becomes tough to watch.

Of the Seniors graduating, Southern is trash. Biko is ok but on offense all he did was hit open 3's he didn't penetrate, I think he can be replaced by another guy that can hit 3's. Raji was good but inconsistent. Trapani is a huge loss.

What hurt the team this year was that often they would just jack threes. In order to score in this offense you need to be a threat to drive in order to free up the 3 point shooters. That and we had no post presence. It is pretty easy to defend the 3 point shot when no one has the ability to drive to the basket or score in the post. That and for 3/4 of the season we didn't play any defense.

Even if we aren't good next year, being able to trot out 3 or 4 good starting caliber freshman with an All ACC first timer should be fun to watch.

« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2011, 12:22:41 PM »

Offline Big_Matt34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
Reggie being back is far from a sure thing, below is what Chad Ford said the other day. It will be an ugly year if  he goes pro. Look at Wake Forest this year, they were talented, but very young. The team is definitely headed in the right direction longterm though, Steve D had a hell of a first year recruiting.

Also keep an eye on Boston College's Reggie Jackson. When we talked to scouts in early February, most had him as a legit bubble first-round to second-round prospect. In mid-March, virtually every team I spoke with had him firmly in the first round -- a few of them had him in the lottery. We've moved him all the way up to No. 23 on our Big Board.

Jackson has all the attributes scouts look for in a point guard. He's long, quick, shoots the ball well and is a steady playmaker. The more I watch him, the more I wonder why we didn't have him up this high sooner. He could be one of those players who skyrockets in workouts if he declares for the draft.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 12:36:25 PM by Big_Matt34 »

« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2011, 12:32:59 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

If you can't be optimistic before the season starts it becomes tough to watch.

Of the Seniors graduating, Southern is trash. Biko is ok but on offense all he did was hit open 3's he didn't penetrate, I think he can be replaced by another guy that can hit 3's. Raji was good but inconsistent. Trapani is a huge loss.

What hurt the team this year was that often they would just jack threes. In order to score in this offense you need to be a threat to drive in order to free up the 3 point shooters. That and we had no post presence. It is pretty easy to defend the 3 point shot when no one has the ability to drive to the basket or score in the post. That and for 3/4 of the season we didn't play any defense.

Even if we aren't good next year, being able to trot out 3 or 4 good starting caliber freshman with an All ACC first timer should be fun to watch.

I agree with this, should be very fun to watch and fun to watch some guys with high ceilings