Author Topic: Responses to Super off topic, off topic thread  (Read 717672 times)

Re: Responses to Super off topic, off topic thread
« Reply #345 on: March 12, 2009, 12:12:37 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3768
  • Yup
Since no one took a crack at this I'll go ahead and give the answer

Solve this riddle:

BA
MA

Answer:  2 degrees below zero

You can also do it 3 degrees below zero, but I thought the OBAMA aspect without the PHD might throw you for a loop.  Of course no one went for the loop, so well...you know...if a riddle falls in the woods...helllo (echo, echo, echo)...anyone home?

BA
MA
PHD

Ah well, I thought it was intriguing  :P

Just reading this for the first time.  Very interesting!

well, moderately interesting in a trivially odd sort of way anyhow

I find trivially odd - very interesting -- which makes me not so very interesting.

or oddly trivial
Yup

« Reply #346 on: March 15, 2009, 07:02:34 PM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 186

Before Star Wars got killed by overdigitalization.

I wonder what marketing genius was in charge of the placement for Luke's light saber?
Call me a sap, but I love my kids more than anything!

« Reply #347 on: March 15, 2009, 07:05:39 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

I wonder what marketing genius was in charge of the placement for Luke's light saber?

almost as good as the infamous C3PO card:

When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #348 on: March 20, 2009, 11:53:00 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
So I'm in bed and it's gone 430 am and my girlfriend comes into the room after spending the last hour or so online:

"What plans do you have for Spring Break?"
"Nada"
"Good, go back to sleep"

A short while later, she comes back into the room:

"I made you a Spring Break timetable, have a look"

Venice, Rome, Milan and Barcelona for a total of 10 days.

Life is good.
Is she like the girl in the "Ultimate Bourbon" commercials?  "He can do whatever he wants."

I don't know I've not seen those commercials as far as I can remember, but I most certainly can't do whatever I want.

« Reply #349 on: March 20, 2009, 01:56:14 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Hah... Darth is going to own you with his orange saber while Han and the Princess fight as sith.  Didn't the poster-makers know the color schemes? 

« Reply #350 on: March 20, 2009, 02:02:16 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!

TP for that.

It's amazing how many art directors and nowadays graphic designers work in their own sick jokes.  Awesome.

« Reply #351 on: March 22, 2009, 12:16:53 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
Words cannot begin to describe how much I have enjoyed the time I have spent with my son (8) over the past three days. 

They say that the Eskimos have countless words to describe snow, I wish I had a few to describe how great Thursday afternoon, Friday afternoon and all day today has been.

CDIF - a TP for the SOTOTT, thus giving me a forum in which to say this.

(Told ya I was a sap!)

If a random forum I created is an appropriate outlet for your happiness, I'm glad I made the world 0.0000000000001% better, as my favorite poster on here, I'm glad your time with your son was fulfilling!  what'd you two do?

« Reply #352 on: March 22, 2009, 12:27:15 AM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
Words cannot begin to describe how much I have enjoyed the time I have spent with my son (8) over the past three days. 

They say that the Eskimos have countless words to describe snow, I wish I had a few to describe how great Thursday afternoon, Friday afternoon and all day today has been.

(Told ya I was a sap!)

If a random forum I created is an appropriate outlet for your happiness, I'm glad I made the world 0.0000000000001% better, as my favorite poster on here, I'm glad your time with your son was fulfilling!  what'd you two do?

Thursday he had a swim lesson (over in Hanover - a few towns away), normally I am working, but I stepped in due to a scheduling conflict.  Watching him do so well (for him) both in the water and out was awesome.  After wards, he and I went to dinner and talked and talked and talked.  That evening I helped him study (as I do most nights), and I am dumbfounded and warmly impressed by his ability to spell (not my genes!!).  Friday, after work, he and I went exploring in the wetlands behind the house.  Listening to him ponder the nuances of the woods and streams was great.  This morning, we were out by 7 to go get our haircuts in town (same guy's been cutting my hair for 20 years and he's a good friend).  Following the haircut it was off to the Museum of Science, where we took in an IMAX show, the lightning show, did a ride on some motion machine, saw the frog exhibit, the bigfoot exhibit and played until 2.  All the while the conversation was positive, fun and lively.  It was great - for both of us.

Thanks for asking.  By the way, for what it's worth we talked about you (kind of); as we were checking out the dinosaurs, I told him about the orange one up on Rt. 1.  Another adventure for another day.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 12:34:25 AM by SShorefan 4.0 »

« Reply #353 on: March 22, 2009, 12:42:12 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker

(Told ya I was a sap!)

Thursday he had a swim lesson (over in Hanover - a few towns away), normally I am working, but I stepped in due to a scheduling conflict.  Watching him do so well (for him) both in the water and out was awesome.  After wards, he and I went to dinner and talked and talked and talked.  That evening I helped him study (as I do most nights), and I am dumbfounded and warmly impressed by his ability to spell (not my genes!!).  Friday, after work, he and I went exploring in the wetlands behind the house.  Listening to him ponder the nuances of the woods and streams was great.  This morning, we were out by 7 to go get our haircuts in town (same guy's been cutting my hair for 20 years and he's a good friend).  Following the haircut it was off to the Museum of Science, where we took in an IMAX show, the lightning show, did a ride on some motion machine, saw the frog exhibit, the bigfoot exhibit and played until 2.  All the while the conversation was positive, fun and lively.  It was great - for both of us.

Thanks for asking.  By the way, for what it's worth we talked about you (kind of); as we were checking out the dinosaurs, I told him about the orange one up on Rt. 1.  Another adventure for another day.

I'm flattered the orange dinosaur came up - the dinosaur in the Museum of science (the t-rex) has to be one of my all time favorite things ever - remember in scouts getting to sleep over there, I was afraid it would come to life - but yeah that's so awesome your time spent with your son, I honestly always wonder if I want to be a father or not, your experience makes me think there may be hope yet

« Reply #354 on: March 22, 2009, 12:57:40 AM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown

(Told ya I was a sap!)

I'm flattered the orange dinosaur came up - the dinosaur in the Museum of science (the t-rex) has to be one of my all time favorite things ever - remember in scouts getting to sleep over there, I was afraid it would come to life - but yeah that's so awesome your time spent with your son, I honestly always wonder if I want to be a father or not, your experience makes me think there may be hope yet

He definitely came up!!  I am sure you remember the dinosaur that was there when we were kids, well it's been replaced with a more modern interpretation and the old one is now outside.  In explaining the two different looks for the the T-Rex, I also talked about the Orange T-Rex as to further explain the evolution.

As for kids -- it's a ton of work, but incredibly heartwarming and fulfilling.  That being said, it's not for everyone.  Life has enough rewards in it; children are just one of many.

« Reply #355 on: March 22, 2009, 04:18:27 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker

(Told ya I was a sap!)

Sounds like an awesome few days there, SSF. It's nice to see stuff like this, it always brings a smile to my face seeing genuinely good people having fun. Really good to see, TP for you pal.

« Reply #356 on: March 22, 2009, 04:20:54 PM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown

(Told ya I was a sap!)

Sounds like an awesome few days there, SSF. It's nice to see stuff like this, it always brings a smile to my face seeing genuinely good people having fun. Really good to see, TP for you pal.

Thanks bud!

I'd give you a TP, but I already did in my quest to heighten the race between you and ACF!!!  (beware though -- as soon as you catch up with him, my allegiance shifts   ;D  )

« Reply #357 on: March 22, 2009, 04:35:45 PM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker

(Told ya I was a sap!)

Thanks bud!

I'd give you a TP, but I already did in my quest to heighten the race between you and ACF!!!  (beware though -- as soon as you catch up with him, my allegiance shifts   ;D  )

Haha! I don't know if I should feel used or grateful ;) What happens in event of a tie?

« Reply #358 on: March 22, 2009, 04:37:32 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker

(Told ya I was a sap!)

Thanks bud!

Haha! I don't know if I should feel used or grateful ;) What happens in event of a tie?

we don't play for ties

« Reply #359 on: March 22, 2009, 04:39:20 PM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown

(Told ya I was a sap!)

Thanks bud!

we don't play for ties
Yeah, what he said!!   8)