Author Topic: Summer 2018 verified moves  (Read 81032 times)

Re: Summer 2018 verified moves
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2018, 10:58:45 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2018, 07:15:58 AM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2018, 07:28:22 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 740
The Los Angeles Clippers are trading guard Austin Rivers to the Washington Wizards for center Marcin Gortat, league sources tell ESPN.

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2018, 07:34:22 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
The Los Angeles Clippers are trading guard Austin Rivers to the Washington Wizards for center Marcin Gortat, league sources tell ESPN.
Wow!! This one kind of a surprise..Doc traded his son..Washington with no big..Looks like Jordan is gone from the Clips..Howard to Wash?
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2018, 07:34:44 PM »

Offline Celtic Fan Forever

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2437

Guess that’s it for Deandre Jordan in LA
2023 CelticsStrong Historical Draft Champions - OKC Thunder
PG: Chauncey Billups/ Baron Davis
SG: Michael Redd/ Dan Majerle/ Allan Houston
SF: Peja Stojakovic/ Gerald Wallace/ Toni Kukoc
PF: Shawn Kemp/ Antonio McDyess
C: Dwight Howard/ Tyson Chandler

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2018, 07:35:23 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Very curious to see Doc’s reaction.  But both players were trouble for their respective locker rooms, so the deal makes sense for that purpose alone.  Wizards will save about $1.5 million in luxury tax.

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2018, 07:43:01 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Gives the Wizards depth at guard. I'm guessing they are trying to sign Howard.

I'm not sure what the Clippers get out of this deal, unless they felt like Jordan was declining his player option (which I find highly unlikely). Gortat is a basic backup. They already have Boban and Harrell.

No picks? No prospects? No financial gain?

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2018, 08:19:18 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Gives the Wizards depth at guard. I'm guessing they are trying to sign Howard.

I'm not sure what the Clippers get out of this deal, unless they felt like Jordan was declining his player option (which I find highly unlikely). Gortat is a basic backup. They already have Boban and Harrell.

No picks? No prospects? No financial gain?

I think the Clips are content just putting out a solid product. After years of bottom feeding they finally broke through with CP3 and Griffin, don't really think they want to give that up.

Gortat is a completely solid option at the 5. If they felt Boban was ready to take the reigns then they probably don't make this deal it's yet to be seen that someone his size will be able to handle starting 82 games. Gortat allows them to move on from DJ and let their guards duke it out for who gets the minutes without any more feelings of resentment that Austin was getting preferential treatment.

Solid move for both sides. Rivers could be a nice addition as the undisputed 3rd guard behind Wall and Beal. The ability to put out 48 minutes of quality point guard play is vital and something Wash hasn't had in a long time.

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2018, 08:42:30 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

Very curious to see Doc’s reaction.  But both players were trouble for their respective locker rooms, so the deal makes sense for that purpose alone.  Wizards will save about $1.5 million in luxury tax.
Only until they end up signing a center.  This will probably end up putting them further into tax after all is said and done.

I like this move for Washington though.  They needed depth and got it.  They now have 2 quality bench players in Rivers and Oubre along with some serviceable rotational players in Satoransky, Meeks, and Mahinmi.  Signing Dwight is now a necessity and would be a huge move for them.

For LAC I find it not as strong.  I guess they had a log jam at guard with Beverly, Milos, Lou Williams, and Rivers which is cleared up a little and they got insurance for if DJ walks.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2018, 08:43:16 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Nerlens Noel to Washington is my guess
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2018, 08:51:44 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Only until they end up signing a center.  This will probably end up putting them further into tax after all is said and done.

I like this move for Washington though.  They needed depth and got it.  They now have 2 quality bench players in Rivers and Oubre along with some serviceable rotational players in Satoransky, Meeks, and Mahinmi.  Signing Dwight is now a necessity and would be a huge move for them.

For LAC I find it not as strong.  I guess they had a log jam at guard with Beverly, Milos, Lou Williams, and Rivers which is cleared up a little and they got insurance for if DJ walks.

The Wizards needed a backup PG, now they need a center.  They really only have the minimum to offer either, so they’ve filled up the PG role with Rivers and will now shop for a center.  It won’t put them any further into the tax.

Also, Meeks was not a serviceable player last year and is suspended for the first quarter of the season, so he is far from a useful bench player.  In general, the Wizards bench is one of the weakest in the league.

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2018, 08:57:48 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 987
Nerlens Noel to Washington is my guess

Or Dwight Howard.

Wow, Dwight would have played for four of the five teams in the Southeast division in his career- Orlando, Charlotte, Atlanta, Washington.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2018, 09:59:26 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Guys and gals, this thread is for verified moves only.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2018, 11:37:40 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Good luck with that, it's rumor season.

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2018, 01:49:32 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

The Wizards needed a backup PG, now they need a center.  They really only have the minimum to offer either, so they’ve filled up the PG role with Rivers and will now shop for a center.  It won’t put them any further into the tax.

Also, Meeks was not a serviceable player last year and is suspended for the first quarter of the season, so he is far from a useful bench player.  In general, the Wizards bench is one of the weakest in the league.
They don't have the $5.2 taxpayer MLE? I assumed that will get offered to Dwight or another center if they have it.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur