Author Topic: Tacko Fall(merged threads)  (Read 42683 times)

Re: Tacko Fall
« Reply #195 on: July 08, 2019, 11:18:07 PM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
I think he's being greatly undervalued in terms of talent and upside. There's one and one reason only to be weary of guaranteed money and that's health. He's bounds ahead of Boban on defense, and he's a spot starter. Plus, he's an engineer. Very Brad-like and can only benefit the team. Of course mobility issues are there but let's face it, the guy will dominate 5-8 minute stints at times and cause opposing teams awkward matchups. Anytime there's a big rebound needed or no time on the clock he's proved to be useful. Could you imagine the ATO options Brad could scheme up with this guy? Love him in every way because he clearly is a guy who is grateful and will accept his role. Take a shot and have a friend for life.
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

Re: Is that Tacko or Hakeem?
« Reply #196 on: July 08, 2019, 11:29:56 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

« Reply #197 on: July 08, 2019, 11:38:35 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I like him as well - I really feel the kid is more then just a gimmick. 

Boston gave James Young something like 3 years to prove himself before they got rid of him finally.  They gave Fab Melo a shot.  I feel this kid has the right attitude and a special gift.  I feel it's worth giving him a year to and just seeing what happens.

TP. I agree.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #198 on: July 08, 2019, 11:42:43 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Sign him now! If he ever gets better conditioning he could turn into a beast for us. I had high hopes but they have been exceeded. Edwards is the real deal too. Yabu was the only net negative tonight vs scrubs.

« Reply #199 on: July 08, 2019, 11:51:02 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Sign him now! If he ever gets better conditioning he could turn into a beast for us. I had high hopes but they have been exceeded. Edwards is the real deal too. Yabu was the only net negative tonight vs scrubs.

Yabu is done....... Williams. Edwards, Waters, and Fall, have played well. Danny has to find a way to sign Fall.

« Reply #200 on: July 08, 2019, 11:53:36 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I don't know all the details, but it is my understanding that the contract is a one year, non-guaranteed, minimum deal that can be converted to a two way contract. I'm not sure if he can opt out on his own.
It’s guaranteed for 10 games, I think (including SL). He also has a 50K kicker coming IF he gets cut and signs up with the Red Claws. This way they can keep an eye on him, but do not actually control him.

This is largely incorrect.

1) It is not guaranteed at all.
2) He is under contract with the C’s for the season.  They can cut him at any time, but if they wish to keep him this season on the 15-man roster all they need to do is cut someone else instead.
3) As an alternative to keeping him on the 15-man roster, they can convert his contract to a two-way contract at any time before the season begins.  Two-way contracts can be converted to minimum salary NBA deals, so could convert him to a 2-way after training camp and then convert him back to an NBA deal later (for example, if they have open roster spots after a trade).
4) If he’s released after training camp he has a $50k incentive to go to Maine as opposed to overseas.  He would be free to sign with any other team at any time, however.

« Reply #201 on: July 09, 2019, 12:03:07 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Tacko Summer Mania

get some !

« Reply #202 on: July 09, 2019, 01:03:06 AM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
He's not a gimmick...  He actually has offensive move (that Hook is unblockable) and his presence inside was something you have to deal with...

Yes, you can take him outside and maybe blow by him - but errrrrr thats 95% of the big guys in the league when facing a talented guard...

I think it would be a mistake not to try and work with this guy...  Out with the Dancing Bear in with the Tacko

« Reply #203 on: July 09, 2019, 02:00:51 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
I'm baffled how guys like Max Strus, who may never see a real playing time in the main roster already got a 2-way contract while Tacko is fighting for his contract.

« Reply #204 on: July 09, 2019, 02:17:01 AM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
He's not a gimmick...  He actually has offensive move (that Hook is unblockable) and his presence inside was something you have to deal with...

Yes, you can take him outside and maybe blow by him - but errrrrr thats 95% of the big guys in the league when facing a talented guard...

I think it would be a mistake not to try and work with this guy...  Out with the Dancing Bear in with the Tacko

I think there are varying degrees of blowbyability. Like, you can live with a certain percentage, but not anything on the extreme end of the spectrum if you're attempting to be a serious defensive team. Is it a total blowby, or can he recover somewhat? How far off does he have to play when defending someone on the perimeter?

Anyway, he's shown enough for me that he's worth a small contract, as long as it's something easily tradeable/dumpable if needs be. Throw him out in only very specific matchups, like teams do with Boban Marjanovic.

However, I don't see him ever being a rotation guy on a contender. In the playoffs with gameplanning and the level of competition, you need a tight rotation of your best 8 guys or so, and they simply can't be guys with any glaring weaknesses.

« Reply #205 on: July 09, 2019, 03:54:46 AM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75

I think there are varying degrees of blowbyability. Like, you can live with a certain percentage, but not anything on the extreme end of the spectrum if you're attempting to be a serious defensive team. Is it a total blowby, or can he recover somewhat? How far off does he have to play when defending someone on the perimeter?

Anyway, he's shown enough for me that he's worth a small contract, as long as it's something easily tradeable/dumpable if needs be. Throw him out in only very specific matchups, like teams do with Boban Marjanovic.

However, I don't see him ever being a rotation guy on a contender. In the playoffs with gameplanning and the level of competition, you need a tight rotation of your best 8 guys or so, and they simply can't be guys with any glaring weaknesses.

He's not quick but he is long, and when beat his reach will at least force a difficult shot...

And I think "EVER" is a strong word... I don't see why it's impossible to think that with work he can't at least be a Mutumbo type player...

The guy has some tools...  Lets put him in, get him coached up... See what we have by let's say the end of next year... 

« Reply #206 on: July 09, 2019, 04:09:48 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

He's not quick but he is long, and when beat his reach will at least force a difficult shot...

And I think "EVER" is a strong word... I don't see why it's impossible to think that with work he can't at least be a Mutumbo type player...

The guy has some tools...  Lets put him in, get him coached up... See what we have by let's say the end of next year...
I'm sorry, but to say someone should/could at least be at the level of a 4x DPOY and 8x All-Star is crazy when he hasn't played a single real NBA game.

I love Tacko, but this is like when people were saying Rob Williams could be Bill Russel-esque
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #207 on: July 09, 2019, 05:07:08 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
On a serious note, the guy is a special matchup consideration. If he can get you 6 points in limited minutes and change the rhythm of a game with his size and personality, I think he deserves a slot. He won’t play many games or minutes, but they could prove meaningful
- LilRip

« Reply #208 on: July 09, 2019, 06:01:34 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

I'm sorry, but to say someone should/could at least be at the level of a 4x DPOY and 8x All-Star is crazy when he hasn't played a single real NBA game.

I love Tacko, but this is like when people were saying Rob Williams could be Bill Russel-esque
The "at least" part is kind of funny.  His floor is a hall of famer.   :)

« Reply #209 on: July 09, 2019, 07:21:04 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I don't know all the details, but it is my understanding that the contract is a one year, non-guaranteed, minimum deal that can be converted to a two way contract. I'm not sure if he can opt out on his own.
It’s guaranteed for 10 games, I think (including SL). He also has a 50K kicker coming IF he gets cut and signs up with the Red Claws. This way they can keep an eye on him, but do not actually control him.

This is largely incorrect.

1) It is not guaranteed at all.
2) He is under contract with the C’s for the season.  They can cut him at any time, but if they wish to keep him this season on the 15-man roster all they need to do is cut someone else instead.
3) As an alternative to keeping him on the 15-man roster, they can convert his contract to a two-way contract at any time before the season begins.  Two-way contracts can be converted to minimum salary NBA deals, so could convert him to a 2-way after training camp and then convert him back to an NBA deal later (for example, if they have open roster spots after a trade).
4) If he’s released after training camp he has a $50k incentive to go to Maine as opposed to overseas.  He would be free to sign with any other team at any time, however.
I appreciate points 1, 2 and 3, I wasn't aware.  However, point 4 is NOT largely incorrect; it is exactly what I was saying and is the most important point of all. Expect him to take the 50K and "stay in the neighborhood" even if another team snatches him.