Author Topic: Tacko Fall(merged threads)  (Read 42753 times)

Re: Tacko Fall game 1 highlights
« Reply #180 on: July 07, 2019, 12:37:05 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
He surpassed my expectations. which were pretty low .

His sheer size , at the summer league level likely intimidates alot of,the younger guys .   That won't be the case with the seasoned NBA vets, who will take him to,task and not think twice about it.

« Reply #181 on: July 07, 2019, 01:45:26 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
Mark Eaton and Yao Ming were able to survive with limited mobility. With his size he just has to recognize and anticipate plays as they develop so he’s in position instead of having to react and getting there late.

The ability to react to the speed of the game is the real key.  You see many big guys that are a beat slow.  It isn't how quickly they can move, it is more about their reactions keeping up with the speed of the game.  Like a center fielder getting a jump on the ball.  It doesn't matter how fast you are if your "jump" is slow.

Fall was no doubt lumbering but to me, the reactions were there.  He can get even better with experience where he is anticipating as W8ting2McHale suggests.  Right now he is watching and reacting.  As a shot blocker, that is actually good.  He won't be taken out of plays with pump fakes.

« Reply #182 on: July 07, 2019, 01:50:56 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
He surpassed my expectations. which were pretty low .

His sheer size , at the summer league level likely intimidates alot of,the younger guys .   That won't be the case with the seasoned NBA vets, who will take him to,task and not think twice about it.

Respectfully disagree Shaq. He will scare everyone. When he's in position. Your a fool to try him.

Taco has a 26" vertical jump!

That's much better than I expected. His Max reach is 12'5"

« Reply #183 on: July 07, 2019, 05:04:06 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
He dunked the ball without jumping lol

Tacko Fall
« Reply #184 on: July 08, 2019, 10:12:56 PM »

Offline Boise To Boston

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
What sort of a contract is he on right now?  Any risk of another team poaching him if we don’t add him to our 15-man roster?

And is there any way we add him as our 15th man?

Re: Tacko Fall
« Reply #185 on: July 08, 2019, 10:18:36 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I don’t think a two-way contract is going to be enough to keep him here, someone will give him a guarantee.

We have to take a chance on him IMO, if he can work with real coaches and trainers, he may be a legit NBA player. At worst he will be very popular in garbage time.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #186 on: July 08, 2019, 10:18:44 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
the guy ia a crowd pleaser ,  even as a mascot,  he ll be very very popular with everybody .  Kids will be begging their parents to go to games.

i bet his jersey would sell great ....even if he is third string.

anybody that can t see he is a money making cow is no business person.

« Reply #187 on: July 08, 2019, 10:23:58 PM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
I don't know all the details, but it is my understanding that the contract is a one year, non-guaranteed, minimum deal that can be converted to a two way contract. I'm not sure if he can opt out on his own.

« Reply #188 on: July 08, 2019, 10:25:51 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I don't know all the details, but it is my understanding that the contract is a one year, non-guaranteed, minimum deal that can be converted to a two way contract. I'm not sure if he can opt out on his own.
It’s guaranteed for 10 games, I think (including SL). He also has a 50K kicker coming IF he gets cut and signs up with the Red Claws. This way they can keep an eye on him, but do not actually control him.

« Reply #189 on: July 08, 2019, 10:30:54 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
the guy ia a crowd pleaser ,  even as a mascot,  he ll be very very popular with everybody .  Kids will be begging their parents to go to games.

I do hope we sign him, even if it's just for this. The kid certainly has entertainment value with him, and people really are sincere in rooting for him to succeed.

Give this man a minimum contract, Danny.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #190 on: July 08, 2019, 10:36:47 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

I do hope we sign him, even if it's just for this. The kid certainly has entertainment value with him, and people really are sincere in rooting for him to succeed.

Give this man a minimum contract, Danny.

I agree. The Garden could have an endorsement deal with Taco Bell. If Tacko scores 10+...

Or Tacko Tuesday
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #191 on: July 08, 2019, 10:46:35 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Tacko is a presence. He gets the ball down low, there is no defense. And he's even shooting foul shots now.
His shooting percentage should be astronomical.

A big guy like that can have a real effect on a game, just being on the court.

I was particularly interested tonite when he and Robert were on the court together. They can dominate the boards.

« Reply #192 on: July 08, 2019, 10:58:36 PM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 123
I like him as well - I really feel the kid is more then just a gimmick. 

Boston gave James Young something like 3 years to prove himself before they got rid of him finally.  They gave Fab Melo a shot.  I feel this kid has the right attitude and a special gift.  I feel it's worth giving him a year to and just seeing what happens.

Is that Tacko or Hakeem?
« Reply #193 on: July 08, 2019, 11:14:02 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 11:21:11 PM by CelticsElite »

« Reply #194 on: July 08, 2019, 11:14:24 PM »

Offline tstorey_97

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 586
At UCF he averaged about 24 minutes for the conference tourney and the NCAA's.

I remember he'd be in for, perhaps, shorter stints.

I suppose hauling 7'7" and 310 lbs around a basketball game requires more frequent switch outs.

In the NCAA's against VCU he had 18 rebounds, 12 blocks and 12 points in 28 minutes. VCU was really small of course, to Tacko, every team is really small.

I keep wanting to think he can fit on an NBA team. He started every game except for junior year. In the tourney, I think he got the record for winning the most consecutive tip offs....obviously. He wasn't sideshow, but, he has weaknesses and I don't know if they'll be his undoing.

Every secondary league in the world will over pay him if he can't make the NBA.

It would be so cool if he makes it here.