Author Topic: This Year's Draft  (Read 2913 times)

Re: This Year's Draft
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2020, 06:13:08 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
What about Jalen Smith dont you like, Goukie?
Mainly his passing, but he's someone I would like in general. I'd take him in the 20s quite comfortably. Athletic and uses it on both ends, and he is developing a perimeter shot. I don't know how many minutes there are for him here.

I prefer Paul Reed. Better rebounder and defender IMO, but more of a do-it-all forward/big
Any potential Sheed/Garnett types in this draft, Gouk :laugh:
Ha, I wish. Okongwu is probably the best defensive big-man, but he's a little undersized (6'9 with a 7'1 wingspan), however he is a freak athlete. Super explosive on both ends, but his offensive game isn't too noteworthy. Solid FT shooter, good inside scorer, but not a very great shooter nor passer. Wiseman is the hard to read one, as he barely played in college, but he could be really something if he gets it together.
I admit I do not watch NCAA  ball enough to know about the draft. The players discussed look good to me but the draft projections have them late first and second round. Who are the top propect big men in the draft so I can go look at their highlights. Better still what is a good site to find the top prospects.
The top big-men are James Wiseman (his highlights are limited because he didn't play much), Onyeka Okongwu, Obi Toppin, Precious Achiuwa, Aleksej Pokusevski & Jalen Smith. Only the first 3 are projected to go in the lottery. Tankathon & NBADraft Net are usually good indications of where players will go, and The Stepien is my favourite for scouting reports.

I like Stepien too but lately I can’t get online. Have you noticed this?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 01:10:05 PM by footey »