Author Topic: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?  (Read 200914 times)

Re: 2013 Pick 2 Draft: How's my team look?
« Reply #885 on: February 27, 2013, 05:37:39 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Ok so I've battled off my cold and feeling pretty good.  Time to get up on the chopping block.

Indiana Pacers

PG: Steve Nash / Kirk Hinrich
SG: Paul George / Tony Allen
SF: Arron Afflalo / Tony Allen
PF: Antwan Jamison / Lamar Odom / Patrick Patterson
C:  Roy Hibbert / Chris Wilcox / Patrick Patterson

Some input on who you'd start at the 4 would be great. I was really enamoured with Patterson, but if he can't play more than 10 minutes for the Kings I'm not sure if he should be getting big minutes on a fringe playoff team.  Also, Afflalo at the 3 or George?

I might be wrong here, but this squad kind of reminds me of the current Houston Rockets.  Maybe a bit less offense and a touch more defense.

I think Jamison is finished. I would relegate him to end of the bench.

I would start P.Patterson at PF due to his superior jump-shooting ability and floor spacing over Lamar Odom who is the superior defender/rebounder. I think Patterson's shooting will help open up the floor for Steve Nash's playmaking as well as for George and Hibbert.

I like Odom and Wilcox as backup bigs. TA as the main backup wing.

Not wild about Hinrich but he'll be okay. I think more of a playmaking PG would be better behind Nash than a defender with a limited offensive game.

« Reply #886 on: February 27, 2013, 05:38:57 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Ok so I've battled off my cold and feeling pretty good.  Time to get up on the chopping block.

Indiana Pacers

Some input on who you'd start at the 4 would be great. I was really enamoured with Patterson, but if he can't play more than 10 minutes for the Kings I'm not sure if he should be getting big minutes on a fringe playoff team.  Also, Afflalo at the 3 or George?

I might be wrong here, but this squad kind of reminds me of the current Houston Rockets.  Maybe a bit less offense and a touch more defense.

Definitely start Patterson.  He works hard, throws his body around in the paint, plays solid defense and plays within his abilities.  Good fifth starter. 

Play George at the 3.  He's capable at either wing position, while Afflalo is more of a 2. 

Not fond of the way Nash fits in here.  I feel like you're a defense-first team, building for the future around George, Hibbert and Afflalo.  Nash is a win-now player who can't defend anybody.  I might shop around and try to swap him for a nice building block. 

« Reply #887 on: February 27, 2013, 05:43:25 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Indiana Pacers

Start George at his more natural SF spot and Afflalo at his more natural SG spot. Add some depth at SF. It really doesn't matter whether he is a specialty type or just good all around player, just get some more. I would also start Patterson, bring Jamison off the bench and play him alongside Odom who is the backup center. Jamoson/Odom/George/Afflalo/Nash would put up a huge amount of points as a set in a rotation.

Overall really good team. Probably as good as the current squad.

« Reply #888 on: February 27, 2013, 05:48:41 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Indiana Pacers

Id move Tony Allen or start him. Your reserves lack teeth when it comes to scoring. You'll need those points.

And Tony Allen should be starting somewhere, and you could use that depth elsewhere.

Also, as others have said, Paul George @ the 3, Patrick Patterson starting.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #889 on: February 27, 2013, 05:51:54 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Think I got my Regular Season Rotation Down.

Jeremy Lin (30) / Jason Kidd (18)
JR Smith (30) / Jason Kidd (7) / Jared Dudley (11)
Jared Dudley (24) / Shane Battier (24)
Kevin Garnett (30) / Chris Kaman (7) / Epke Udoh (11)
Tim Duncan (30) / Chris Kaman (18)

Positions can get a little shuffled but those are the minutes you're looking at.

I worry a bit about your collective speed / quickness.

You have a lot of players who have below average quickness for their respective position. JR Smith is really the only above average athlete in your main rotation.

I wonder how much that is going to hurt you.

« Reply #890 on: February 27, 2013, 05:56:57 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Detroit Pistons (Newsies)
PG: Darren Collison 2.3
SG: Courtney Lee 5 .0
SF:Chandler Parsons 0.88
PF: Greg Monroe 3.2
C: Andre Drummond 2.3

Bench Andrea Bargnani 10.0 Rodney Stuckey 8.5, Tyler Hansborogh 3.0, Willie Green 1.3, Stephen Jackson 10.0

Your future, we haz it.
Definitely a team of the future that needs time to grow. Sadly, the future might be the one ting keeping this team apart.

I was thinking of this when I put the Boxers together this year in the CB Draft. If you get 4-5 of these players that become great players, ultimately paying them and keeping them together is nearly impossible when it comes to the realities of today's salary environment.

So here we are, in an endeavor that mixes the salary with the drafting. You have a hard cap. Detroit could not afford to be hugely over the cap even if the hard cap wasn't there given the current economy in Detroit any way. So how do you keep Munroe, Drummond, Parsons and Bargnani when that future comes?

I think you have to be in the playoffs next year and contending the year after before the salary bombs start to hit and it might need to be broken up. Of course, if you aren't doing that by then, then it doesn't matter because then obviously Drummond, Parsons and Munroe won't be worth the money they might ask for.

« Reply #891 on: February 27, 2013, 06:00:36 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222

SUNS Pick 2: Coach: Doug Collins
PG: Goran Dragic(7.5) CJ Watson(.992)
SG: Dwyane Wade(17.1) Dion Waiters(3.72)
SF: Kawhi Leonard(1.88) Kyle Singler(1.00)
PF: Gerald Wallace(9.88) Kris Humphries(12)
C: Marcin Gortat(7.25) Marcus Camby(4.59)
Cap used: 65.91 Total: 70.3

Feedback on the suns please and thank you!
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #892 on: February 27, 2013, 06:03:16 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Bench Andrea Bargnani 10.0 Rodney Stuckey 8.5, Tyler Hansborogh 3.0, Willie Green 1.3, Stephen Jackson 10.0

Your future, we haz it.
Definitely a team of the future that needs time to grow. Sadly, the future might be the one ting keeping this team apart.

I was thinking of this when I put the Boxers together this year in the CB Draft. If you get 4-5 of these players that become great players, ultimately paying them and keeping them together is nearly impossible when it comes to the realities of today's salary environment.

So here we are, in an endeavor that mixes the salary with the drafting. You have a hard cap. Detroit could not afford to be hugely over the cap even if the hard cap wasn't there given the current economy in Detroit any way. So how do you keep Munroe, Drummond, Parsons and Bargnani when that future comes?

I think you have to be in the playoffs next year and contending the year after before the salary bombs start to hit and it might need to be broken up. Of course, if you aren't doing that by then, then it doesn't matter because then obviously Drummond, Parsons and Munroe won't be worth the money they might ask for.

I've got lots of youngins on my team as well, and I think you're overstating the connundrum. If you're going to lose a promising young player in free agency, trade him.

Lets say that Greg Smith, an affordably priced prospect and player now, developed into a 15 and 10 machine.

But, because of Bogut's and Stepheson's extensions, I don't think I'll be able to pay him.

Well the answer is easy. You package him, all the assets you whiffed on (not that I'll have any), and trade him for a promising prospect and draft picks.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #893 on: February 27, 2013, 06:08:46 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Your future, we haz it.

I've got lots of youngins on my team as well, and I think you're overstating the connundrum. If you're going to lose a promising young player in free agency, trade him.

Lets say that Greg Smith, an affordably priced prospect and player now, developed into a 15 and 10 machine.

But, because of Bogut's and Stepheson's extensions, I don't think I'll be able to pay him.

Well the answer is easy. You package him, all the assets you whiffed on (not that I'll have any), and trade him for a promising prospect and draft picks.
So how do you do that without sending a message to your fans that winning it all isn't the most important thing?

In a way I think we are spoiled being fans of the C's as they have had that win it all mentality since getting here but imagine doing what you are suggesting? You suddenly you become compared to the Grizzlies who are doing the exact thing you are suggesting. I wouldn't want to be a Griz fan right now?

« Reply #894 on: February 27, 2013, 06:12:40 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Lawson
Beal/ Hamilton
MKG/ Nick Young
Thad Young/ Sully
DMC / Haywood

Feel I have good depth now, with some older vets to help out the young guns.

Beal has been playing great recently as well, much better then at the beginning of the season

Have to say, this may not be the best team to come out at this point but it certainly is my favorite. You set out to rebuild and killed it. Job well done
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #895 on: February 27, 2013, 06:16:39 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Tony Parker / Nate Robinson
Danny Green / Gary Neal
Joe Johnson / Carlos Delfino
Tristan Thompson / Earl Clark
Pau Gasol / Bismack Biyombo / Ronny Turiaf

Should be above average in every phase of the game when Gasol is healthy.  Hopefully a contender.  I see it as a deep team with a lot of positional versatility. 

Parker, Gasol, Johnson and Green can all make shots.  Thompson is an energy guy who can get extra possessions and play hard defense, and he's still getting better. 

Biyombo is the primary backup C.  Turiaf is a situational guy who will play against big centers and in the even of foul trouble. 

Looking for a defensive-minded forward to use as a 12th man.  My final pick will be a project/binky with upside.  I have somebody in mind for both spots. 

« Reply #896 on: February 27, 2013, 06:17:33 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

SUNS Pick 2: Coach: Doug Collins
PG: Goran Dragic(7.5) CJ Watson(.992)
SG: Dwyane Wade(17.1) Dion Waiters(3.72)
SF: Kawhi Leonard(1.88) Kyle Singler(1.00)
PF: Gerald Wallace(9.88) Kris Humphries(12)
C: Marcin Gortat(7.25) Marcus Camby(4.59)
Cap used: 65.91 Total: 70.3

Feedback on the suns please and thank you!
I keep looking at this team and still don't know what to expect. Wade gives the team instant cred but the heat before LeBron got there weren't all that great.

Of course my confusion could be coming from the fact I HATE your PFs and their current games. Its the weakest part of the current Nets team and your team doesn't have a Brooks Lopez to make up for them.

Still that Nets team doesn't have Wade either. Maybe this team's best comparison could be the current Brooklyn Nets.

« Reply #897 on: February 27, 2013, 06:20:02 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Danny Green / Gary Neal

Should be above average in every phase of the game when Gasol is healthy.  Hopefully a contender.  I see it as a deep team with a lot of positional versatility. 

Parker, Gasol, Johnson and Green can all make shots.  Thompson is an energy guy who can get extra possessions and play hard defense, and he's still getting better. 

Biyombo is the primary backup C.  Turiaf is a situational guy who will play against big centers and in the even of foul trouble. 

Looking for a defensive-minded forward to use as a 12th man.  My final pick will be a project/binky with upside.  I have somebody in mind for both spots.

PF position is weak(er). Thompson is on a bad team, and Clark is not a beast inside.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #898 on: February 27, 2013, 06:23:58 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Danny Green / Gary Neal

With Gasol this is a very good team even though I am not in love with the idea of Johnson playing primarily as a small forward. He usually only plays about half his time there and from what I have seen of him this year, he's struggled when he has had to play the 3. Still, with Gasol, a playoff team.

Without Gasol, WOW!!! The youth up front is going to kill you. The team becomes lottery fodder without Gasol I am afraid.

« Reply #899 on: February 27, 2013, 06:25:54 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454

Indiana Pacers

Kick Jamison out of the rotation - he's too mediocre a scorer and too horrible a defender to be starting for you. Really like that you got LO for this team - someone who can rebound and play solid defense and help the pacers match-up against teams with quick, jump-shooting 5s that give Hibbert so much trouble. 

Need more playmaking.  Nash is a 30 minute guy, Paul George is still a little limited as creator and your bench is all roleplayers with major offensive limitations.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri