Poll

Does Taco make the team

Yes. Taco time is here to stay.
92 (61.7%)
No. No room for Tacos
57 (38.3%)

Total Members Voted: 149

Author Topic: Poll: Does Tacko make the 15 man roster this year  (Read 62630 times)

Re: Poll: Does Tacko make the 15 man roster this yeat
« Reply #240 on: July 24, 2019, 01:59:52 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Doubt it

Still no, too slow like Boban except with less skill and shooting touch

Tacko is much bigger and fast than Boban. Tacko has no shooting touch.

Agreed, Hack a Tacko ruins his chances of being a playable change of pace option

Tacko should switch to underhanded free throws. That would change his playability immediately.  If Tacko could get his percentage into the mid 60s it would be fantastic.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 02:08:48 PM by liam »

Re: Poll: Does Tacko make the 15 man roster this year
« Reply #241 on: July 24, 2019, 02:20:46 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
Danny says he can't talk about Tacko because he's trying to get a contract done, but we think a contract has already been signed...

How sure are we that Fall is actually signed to a contract with the Exhibit-10 clause? I know it's been "reported", but have the C's officially acknowledged it?

Yeah, I caught that from Ainge last week as well.  My guess is that the reports of the Exhibit 10 were incorrect, as they emerged before summer league.  Perhaps he was just signed to the summer league team.

I suspect that he's discussing possible conversion to a partially guaranteed 2-year minimum contract, with the amount of guaranteed being the negotiating point.

Danny's usually been very good about not holding on to guys through the summer if they are legitimate candidates for an NBA roster unless he has real interest in actually keeping them on his roster.   If he's not interested in them, he tends to let them go early so they can find another team.   When he does keep a guy around like that he usually puts at least some partial guaranteed money in the contract so that if the kid doesn't make it onto the final roster, the player is not totally burned.   For example, the Javonte' Green contract apparently has some portion of guaranteed money.   

Right now, the reported deal that Tacko is on is a completely non-guaranteed 1-year deal with an E-10 clause which conveys a $50K bonus only if he is waived and subsequently spends 60 days on Maine club.   That's not much in the way of security for the kid and certainly not much incentive for Fall to stick with the Red Claws should he be waived.   That bonus plus a regular G-League contract would pay him only about $85K.   

I expect they will be switching him to a more conventional 1+1 with the first year at least partially guaranteed for some decent chunk of cash.   Just speculating, of course.

NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #242 on: July 25, 2019, 01:55:17 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

« Reply #243 on: July 25, 2019, 04:22:35 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

« Reply #244 on: July 25, 2019, 05:13:29 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Kid is growing on me.

He needs time but I think he might become a decent nba player.

« Reply #245 on: July 25, 2019, 05:17:41 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
So glad Celtics sign him! Let him play and develop his game in Maine..see what happens
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #246 on: July 25, 2019, 05:58:37 PM »

Offline DrinkinCelticKool-Aid

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 36
 I'm Excited about the signing!!
If time if Tacko were to turn out to be at least a decent player for the Celtics, he might bring some of that Summer League buzz to regular season games down the line. In turn, having people getting a chance to see a supersized human dunk the ball in the regular season might raise the overall popularity of the Celtics with young fans. Maybe that helps raise the Celtic brand in kids minds, so more kids kids will grow up wanting to play for the Celtics. I know this sounds gimicky , but heck whatever it takes to help grow the Celtics brand nationally with future players! Kids are drawn to teams for all kind of reasons.
That could be the side benefit with Tacko , aside from what he could potentially give you in games. You can't ignore the PR potential of Tacko if he is decent one day.

« Reply #247 on: July 25, 2019, 06:03:12 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Quote from: Adam Himmelsbach
Per source, Tacko Fall’s deal is still an Exhibit 10 contract, just as he originally agreed to shortly after the draft.

https://twitter.com/adamhimmelsbach/status/1154501625765158912?s=21

Quote from: Clevis Murray
Source: Tacko Fall’s deal with the Celtics is Exhibit 10.

https://twitter.com/clevismurray/status/1154502468471889920?s=21

Was told, and this isn’t a surprise, as of right now, Tacko Fall is expected to spend ‘19-‘20 season in the G League.

https://twitter.com/clevismurray/status/1154504788014272512?s=21
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 06:34:00 PM by rondofan1255 »

« Reply #248 on: July 25, 2019, 06:24:10 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Tacko is officially signed.  My guess is that he was not actually signed previously, but rather they had agreed to an Exhibit 10.  He outplayed it and now presumably has a partially guaranteed two-year deal.

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2019/07/boston-celtics-officially-sign-tacko-fall-tremont-waters-max-strus-javonte-green.html?outputType=amp

« Reply #249 on: July 25, 2019, 06:31:30 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Tacko is officially signed.  My guess is that he was not actually signed previously, but rather they had agreed to an Exhibit 10.  He outplayed it and now presumably has a partially guaranteed two-year deal.

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2019/07/boston-celtics-officially-sign-tacko-fall-tremont-waters-max-strus-javonte-green.html?outputType=amp

This is great.  And without having a top-10 pick, Ainge has added significant 'upside' talent with all his picks / signings from the draft. 

I have already blacked out last season from my mind and cannot wait for the season.

« Reply #250 on: July 25, 2019, 06:39:42 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Kid is growing on me.

He needs time but I think he might become a decent nba player.
For his sake I hope that stops soon :P
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #251 on: July 25, 2019, 06:49:48 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

That was my hope as well, although current reporting seems to contradict that.

I suspect the Celts hope that Fall will take the Nader approach, agreeing to spend a year in the D-League and then signing a contract next year (hopefully for longer than two years).

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #252 on: July 25, 2019, 06:55:06 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372

So who's getting cut before the start of the season? That gives us 16 right now.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #253 on: July 25, 2019, 07:08:32 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

That was my hope as well, although current reporting seems to contradict that.

I suspect the Celts hope that Fall will take the Nader approach, agreeing to spend a year in the D-League and then signing a contract next year (hopefully for longer than two years).
Yeah, I am seeing conflicting reports. All that matters is he will be around the team all summer and in camp competing for a roster spot. Whether he makes the team on their 15 man roster or on a 2 way(if Boston decides to move on from Strus and Waters after camp) or not is unimportant to me as I believe he will be in Maine all year anyway.

If he gets cut and they want him to go to Maine to develop in their system and get another shot at a roster slot next year an he agrees, super. If they have to cut him and he moves on, well, we cut him for a reason, so the Summer League memories will be nice and I would wish him the best going forward.

« Reply #254 on: July 25, 2019, 07:26:49 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Ben Rohrbach
Ben Rohrbach @brohrbach
about 32 minutes ago
Tacko Fall will enter camp on his Exhibition 10 contract with hopes of landing either a two-way or guaranteed deal in Boston. If not, he must clear waivers before joining the Red Claws, which seems unlikely given interest elsewhere around the league after his summer league stint.

Tom Westerholm
Tom Westerholm @Tom_NBA
about 1 hour ago
For anyone who needs clarification: The Celtics aren’t really any closer to or further from having Tacko Fall on their Opening Night roster now than they were before.

Chris Forsberg
Chris Forsberg @ChrisForsberg_
about 1 hour ago
Celtics announced four signings but flexibility remains with Tacko on Exhibit 10 and Green on partial guarantee. Camp should be fun with players trying to state their case for a spot.

It’s just a training camp contract. He’s not on the roster.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes