Author Topic: Bulls to trade Hinrich and 17th pick to Wizards  (Read 12413 times)

Re: Bulls to trade Hinrich and 17th pick to Wizards
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2010, 06:36:48 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
So, the Thunder had to take on 2 million for the 18th pick and the Wizards had to take on 17 million for the 17th pick??!!

I know a Wizards fan and he is mad that Grunfeld has managed to ruin what should be a glorious day for Wizards fans worldwide.

Hinrich >>> Cook

And Butler>>Hinrich...and doesn't play the same position as the guy they are about to draft...the Wizards make no sense.

If the Butler trade was mainly for cap space, then I agree things start looking a little fuzzy.  On the other hand that was pre-Wall and might have changed their thinking (taking it slower now instead of trying for Max players right now).  I don't think Heinrich's  position overlapping Wall's will matter at all...Seems like their approach is just to continue to feel very relaxed and happy and carefree about what happened to them in the draft.  I also don't think Heinrich is good enough to keep them out of next year's lottery.  If he were I wouldn't like the move (unless he was going to be there year after year alongside Wall, a real piece in other words)

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2010, 06:48:50 PM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
So, the Thunder had to take on 2 million for the 18th pick and the Wizards had to take on 17 million for the 17th pick??!!

I know a Wizards fan and he is mad that Grunfeld has managed to ruin what should be a glorious day for Wizards fans worldwide.

Hinrich >>> Cook

And Butler>>Hinrich...and doesn't play the same position as the guy they are about to draft...the Wizards make no sense.

The Butler deal was a salary dump that allowed WAS to get out of the Stevenson contract too. And, that trade happened well before they hit the lottery. A truism yes, but an important element that makes a Butler/Hinrich comparison a reach at best.

Also, Hinrich is a combo gaurd, and with Wall's height both could play together. Wall on the two defensively.

« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2010, 06:53:51 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
If the Wiz dont move either Hinrich or Arenas, theyre gonna have almost 30 million tied into two combo guards, one of which is going to be a bench player.

I understand the whole Mike Bibby analogy, bringing in a vet to settle the young guys down, but Hinrich doesnt fit that role.  He's a good veteran leader, but Arenas is still there, as horrible of a leader as he is, hes been there for years and hes going to be the guy most people will still look to in that locker room......which is why they really need to get rid of him.  I think Rudy Gay would be a great fit on the Wizards....

ohh and the 17th pick is probably a prize the Wizards wanted more than anything, but I dunno how fantastic that is in the end.  Theres a fire sale going on in the mid first round, GMs are giving away picks like free ipods. 
Greg