Author Topic: GSW will trade # 6 pick if they can get rid of Monta Ellis (Chad Ford)  (Read 14761 times)

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
Just for kicks:

Perk, 'Sheed, #19 to Golden State
#6 (from Golden State), 2012 1st rounder (from Boston) to Sacramento
#5 (from Sacramento), Monta Ellis to Boston

Golden State gets cap relief (Sheed, unload Ellis) and a cheaper player at #19.

Sacramento picks up a future 1st rounder to drop 1 spot when they are already split between Cousins and Monroe at #5.

Boston drafts Cousins, sign Brendan Haywood with MLE.

Garnett, Haywood, Big Baby and the coaching staff get Cousins straight and he could be a franchise guy.

We are now restocked down low with Cousins & Haywood
Future is Rondo, Ellis and Cousins

Resign Pierce and make another couple of runs until Garnett comes off the books and we go young again.

Let Ray Ray walk (unfortunately)

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
maybe sheed and BBD and #19 but i will not give away perk

I love seeing Perk play defense, what more can you ask for, an underrated center who can defend a lot of bigs out there.

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all

I love seeing Perk play defense, what more can you ask for, an underrated center who can defend a lot of bigs out there.

TP --- defensive centers like Perkins don't grow on trees. Franchises can go decades with a big hole in the middle and 65% of posters here seem to be ready to include Perk in any made up deal. Keep #43 in green.
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff

Numbers don't work with BBD. I love Perk too, but he's hurt AND in the last year of his contract. You gotta deal him in a heartbeat if a franchise center is available, and Cousins has a very good chance of being that with a team that can mentor him and bring him along slowly (i.e. Celtics).

Haywood is a pretty reasonable replacement for Perk if we could get him...

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff

He's hurt and in the last year of his deal. I think you're being awfully rash if you hold on to Perk with a chance for Cousins and a decent replacement (i.e. Haywood).

I really do appreciate Perk, but he also does have a ceiling to his value.

Offline hubert.the.potato

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
Just for kicks:

Sacramento picks up a future 1st rounder to drop 1 spot when they are already split between Cousins and Monroe at #5.

Garnett, Haywood, Big Baby and the coaching staff get Cousins straight and he could be a franchise guy.

Resign Pierce and make another couple of runs until Garnett comes off the books and we go young again.

Love this trade. Can't we also S&T Ray to someone looking to improve their 3 shooting? (a la Thunder). Something like signing Ray to a 6 mil/3 yr contract and getting Nick Collison?

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Ellis wouldn't look good in Celtic green with Rondo at the helm. Plus, I'm not sure ownership would commit to bringing that contract on. What if we involved a 3rd team?

NY - Sends Eddy Curry, Chandler, and replaces thm with Monta Ellis.

GS - Sends #6 and Monta while taking back BBD, Sheed's contract and Wilson Chandler.

Boston - Send BBD and Sheed and takes back the #6 pick and Eddy Curry.

Boston nabs a high level prospect and a large expiring contract. Two strong assets to use at the 2011 deadline should an all star caliber Max player become available.

Offline hubert.the.potato

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
Ellis wouldn't look good in Celtic green with Rondo at the helm. Plus, I'm not sure ownership would commit to bringing that contract on. What if we involved a 3rd team?

GS - Sends #6 and Monta while taking back BBD, Sheed's contract and Wilson Chandler.

Boston nabs a high level prospect and a large expiring contract. Two strong assets to use at the 2011 deadline should an all star caliber Max player become available.

Eddy Curry as the starting center? No thanks. And if we trade him for a non-big max player,we don't have a completely healthy center for the whole season....not really the sign of a championship team.

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159

Eddy Curry as the starting center? No thanks. And if we trade him for a non-big max player,we don't have a completely healthy center for the whole season....not really the sign of a championship team.

This trade or not, the MLE will need to be used for a big. Eddy Curry nor BBD can start at the 5 for this club.

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
We’re not getting in on this deal.

What teams have expirings/talent to offer for Ellis?

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff

If Golden State wanted young talent in this deal and there were offers for Ellis, they would just keep the #6 pick.

They are trying to use the #6 pick to unload him, as crazy as that sounds.

We might not have the right pieces, but if Golden State was expecting talent AND expirings in the deal, why would they throw in a high lottery pick?

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
Just for kicks:

Love this trade. Can't we also S&T Ray to someone looking to improve their 3 shooting? (a la Thunder). Something like signing Ray to a 6 mil/3 yr contract and getting Nick Collison?

Theoretically yes, but Pierce, Garnett, Rondo, Ellis, BBD, Perk & MLE would already put us at about $70M in payroll with 5 roster spots to fill. I doubt Wyc had that good of a year...

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

If Golden State wanted young talent in this deal and there were offers for Ellis, they would just keep the #6 pick.

They are trying to use the #6 pick to unload him, as crazy as that sounds.

We might not have the right pieces, but if Golden State was expecting talent AND expirings in the deal, why would they throw in a high lottery pick?

I didn’t mean expirings AND talent (i’m sorry LOL) I meant an Expiring who also happens to have some talent... AKA not a useless one.

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I would make the trade to get the 6th pick more then Ellis' bloated contract. 

Can the backcourt of Rondo and Ellis work defensively?  (I am not worried offensively.  Ellis will just have to learn to score without having the ball in hand at all times)

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
If Perk is included in this deal we would have to make sure Cousins is there at #6.  Otherwise I'm not so sure I would pull the trigger. 

Since Ellis dominates the ball the so much I could see us asking him to be our super sixth man off the bench to limit Paul's and Ray's minutes next year where all 3 average about 30 minutes a game.   

I would love to somehow get Randolph from them but I don't see that happening in this deal.