Author Topic: GSW will trade # 6 pick if they can get rid of Monta Ellis (Chad Ford)  (Read 14762 times)

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
http://warriors.blogs.pressdemocrat.com/10851/warriors-trying-to-deal-ellis/

y warriors ESPN’s Chad Ford has another draft update, claiming that the Warriors’ No. 6 pick is available for trade, but only if teams are willing to take Monta Ellis and his big contract with it Here’s what Ford wrote The Warriors are talking to a number of teams about potential trades and i looks like the No. 6 pick in the draft is up for grabs. The cost, however is high The Warriors want whoever takes the pick to take on the contract of Monta Ellis as part of the deal. If the Warriors keep the pick, they’re deciding between Greg Monroe and Ekpe Udoh. My source continues to support what I wrote last night — Udoh has the edge

If this is true Danny should be all over it.

Bos sends : Rasheed (buyout around 2-3 mil) TA (S+T 3 yr 12mil) or Ray (S+T)

GSW send: Ellis, # 6 pick

Take a big man like Monroe, Cousins or Udoh

Roster at beginning on next year

PG: Rondo / Vet min or Nate
SG: Ellis.    / Ray ( 2yr 20 mil) or MLE
SF: PP.      / # 19
PF: BBD.  / # 6
 C: KG.      / Vet min.   / Perk ( injured)

Banner 18 ;D

It would have to happen after the draft though because TA can't be resigned until july 1st
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 12:24:16 AM by rondohondo »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Well this deal is not possible under the cba, you cant trade a draft pick with a sign and trade before free agency starts. I have to think that they would get much better offers then that even if it was possible and Im pretty sure Perk would have to be included for salary purposes. Maybe we could get back turiaf.

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Well this deal is not possible under the cba, you cant trade a draft pick with a sign and trade before free agency starts. I have to think that they would get much better offers then that even if it was possible and Im pretty sure Perk would have to be included for salary purposes. Maybe we could get back turiaf.
I think Baby and Sheed would work. We'd grab a big with the 6th pick.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
I would gladly deal them Perkins and Rasheed. This would be a pure steal for the Celtics, and I just don't see them being that lucky.

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
I would gladly deal them Perkins and Rasheed. This would be a pure steal for the Celtics, and I just don't see them being that lucky.

I would deal Perk, sheed and #19 if needed to get the deal done. Draft Monroe or Cousins

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Yea the below post is correct the best we could do is Perk, Wallace and a first round pick. Not even sure if that is enough salary though. Plus, like I said before, couldn't they do better?

Offline KungPoweChicken

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 228
Yea the below post is correct the best we could do is Perk, Wallace and a first round pick. Not even sure if that is enough salary though. Plus, like I said before, couldn't they do better?

Probably, but if Sheed does retire, he would provide some sort of instant cap relief, which would be hard to top. Golden State is really trying to cut payroll. But I just don't see Sheed stepping up and declaring retirement right now.

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I wonder how true that rumor is...

But didn't Boston consider trading Ray for Ellis at one point this season?  

If so... it would make some sense if we figure Ray is walking.

Ellis makes 11 mil for several years.

I'd offer them sheed (6.3 mil instant savings), Perk (4.3 mil expiring) and Glen Davis (3.3 mil expiring) and the #19 for Ellis, Anthony Randolph and the #6.  

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

Probably, but if Sheed does retire, he would provide some sort of instant cap relief, which would be hard to top. Golden State is really trying to cut payroll. But I just don't see Sheed stepping up and declaring retirement right now.

Danny said today on WEEI that it is pretty much a sure thing that sheed is going to retire, he was telling his teammates all season.

It doesn't make sense for him to play he already has made 100mil+ over his career. He is making about 7 mil a year after taxesmaybe 3.5 mil, but he surely has a big house he is renting , which means he probably made about 1 -2 mil in reality last season.  he is done

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
I wonder how true that rumor is...

But didn't Boston consider trading Ray for Ellis at one point this season?  

If so... it would make some sense if we figure Ray is walking.

Ellis makes 11 mil for several years.

I'd offer them sheed (6.3 mil instant savings), Perk (4.3 mil expiring) and Glen Davis (3.3 mil expiring) and the #19 for Ellis, Anthony Randolph and the #6.  

I doubt that they would give up Radolph too, they just said the other day that he's not on the trading block. They would likeyly send back turiaf ,which I could live with, he is a good defender/shot blocker

Bos sends: sheed,BBD,Perk + 19

GSW sends; Ellis, Turiaf + # 6

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Whoever is doing this deal isn't going to have to give up a ton. This is a pure salary dump on Golden State's part. Their owner is in hot water with the IRS and he has to sell the team fairly quickly or show that is is a decent size profit maker or else. So he's not going to want to pay first round picks guaranteed money and he's going to want as much payroll coming off his books as possible.

Rasheed(who then retires) and Baby for Ellis and the #6 works.

Boston is paid the #6 pick for taking Ellis' salary off the Warriors' hands and GS lowers their 2010-11 payroll by $10.5 million(paying Ellis and the #6 pick = $13.5 million, paying Baby = $3 million).

Boston then uses the 6th on a future big man, trade the 19th pick for two lower picks and get a defensive SF and a scoring SG and they could be quite a ways forward towards having a future.

Yeah, pipe dream. But I like pipes.

Offline Ohio Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 18
  • GM - NYK
I beg you oh mighty Ainge, make this happen!
CB Draft - New York Knicks
PG: George Hill / Nate Robinson
SG: Dwyane Wade / Gerald Henderson / Christian Eyenga
SF:  Grant Hill / Paul George / Earl Clark
PF:  Kenyon Martin / Jordan Hill / (Earl Clark)
C:   Greg Oden / Kurt Thomas / Hilton Armstong

Offline celticsfan8591

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Come on, there's no way they'll do ellis and the 6th pick for baby and sheed.  ellis is 25 years old and averaged over 25 ppg.  They wouldn't trade him for those two even if they could keep the pick

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033
I still just don't get how Rondo and Ellis play together. One of those is going to become a liability every night on the defensive end trying to guard much larger SG.

I'd love #6 and Ellis out of context, but $11M / year for 4 more years when he might be a disaster alongside Rondo? Pass.

Granted, if it happened I'd get fired up for the running game =)

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
Come on, there's no way they'll do ellis and the 6th pick for baby and sheed.  ellis is 25 years old and averaged over 25 ppg.  They wouldn't trade him for those two even if they could keep the pick
I'm not trying to be a negative nancy, but I agree. When has a trade like this ever occurred in recent history. The closest would be the gasol trade, but even in that trade the lakers didnt give up a number 6 pick. They actually ended up a guy that turned into a starting calibar nba center on the cheat, a prospect and a first rounder. Thats a lot better then a retiring big, a good bench player signed for one year and the 19th pick.