Author Topic: Kyrie Irving has some interesting ideas on the earth and aliens and such  (Read 12455 times)

Re: Kyrie Irving has some interesting ideas on the earth and aliens and such
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2017, 09:21:35 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Only the finest education from our public school system.
He went to private high school then Duke

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2017, 09:22:58 AM »

Offline NHCelticsFan

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 179
I saw this, laughed a little, and moved on.

I do have one question though...

If the Earth is flat, what happens when you reach the edge?  Can you fall off or does it just keep going and going forever?  If it does keep going how could you conclude that it is flat?

Thankfully these questions don't need to be answered, but I would love it if someone asked him similar follow up questions.  The response could be gold!

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2017, 09:51:09 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Given the ability of our ruling party to understand science, this is not surprising.  It's the age of making up your own reality.

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2017, 10:09:30 AM »

Offline Silent Storm

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 55
In addition to the pure ignorance being displayed here, consider the thousands of kids who look up to people like Irving that hear him sharing this nonsense. It perpetuates the erroneous opinion and contradicts critical thinking, which is all part of the dumbing down that this country is experiencing. It's appalling.
You are no longer black, or brown, or yellow, or red! You are now GREEN, you are light GREEN, or dark GREEN!

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2017, 10:33:39 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224
the only thing appalling here is that most of you need to ridicule others beliefs to validate your own "intelligence." Another sad showing of programmed minds here on CB.

But I wil say - the whole flat earth theory is puzzling. I just don't know who would benefit from lying about the earth being round. But if that is Kyries truth I respect that, and him as well for voicing it when he probably knows [dang] well this is the type of reaction he would receive.

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2017, 10:46:18 AM »

Offline Silent Storm

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 55
the only thing appalling here is that most of you need to ridicule others beliefs to validate your own "intelligence." Another sad showing of programmed minds here on CB.

But I wil say - the whole flat earth theory is puzzling. I just don't know who would benefit from lying about the earth being round. But if that is Kyries truth I respect that, and him as well for voicing it when he probably knows [dang] well this is the type of reaction he would receive.

One of the best attributes of science is that it's true whether you believe in it or not.
You are no longer black, or brown, or yellow, or red! You are now GREEN, you are light GREEN, or dark GREEN!

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2017, 10:53:04 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
More proof that one doesn't have to have brain in order to be a star NBA player.

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2017, 10:54:03 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
I think he's kidding and having fun at everyone's expense.

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2017, 11:02:32 AM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 224

One of the best attributes of science is that it's true whether you believe in it or not.

That's a dangerous perspective. Mainstream science is all about defending the belief system that this world and everything in it was created by accident, and that what humans can see as visual light is all there is.

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2017, 11:04:07 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

If the Earth is flat, what happens when you reach the edge?  Can you fall off or does it just keep going and going forever?  If it does keep going how could you conclude that it is flat?

Thankfully these questions don't need to be answered, but I would love it if someone asked him similar follow up questions.  The response could be gold!
And how could people have flown and sailed around the earth if it were flat?

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2017, 11:12:49 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

That's a dangerous perspective. Mainstream science is all about defending the belief system that this world and everything in it was created by accident, and that what humans can see as visual light is all there is.

This is dead opposite of what "mainstream" science actually supports. This kind of image usually starts popping up in textbooks around 4th grade or so:

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2017, 11:16:18 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Given the ability of our ruling party to understand science, this is not surprising.  It's the age of making up your own reality.

The damage done to Kyrie happened LONG before our ruling party took office. Probably went back to Clinton (days) who "did not have sex with that woman".

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2017, 11:35:05 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64
More proof that one doesn't have to have brain in order to be a star NBA player.

Or even president of the United States for that matter....

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2017, 11:36:40 AM »

Offline BlackCeltic

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 64

You can just ask if he believes it is the same star that rises and sets each morning and evening.

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2017, 11:47:54 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
When hearing this a few days ago I thought it was a gag, and payed no attention to it.

I guess just because a guy can dribble, and shoot a basketball better than most in the world, doesn't make him a bright and intelligent person.

Now you know why teams that have several "star" players struggle to win consistently. Put 3 Kyrie's on a basketball club and they'll struggle to even find the exits. No wonder why Lebron wants additional help.