Author Topic: "The wheel of time" by Robert Jordan tv series pilot  (Read 3136 times)

"The wheel of time" by Robert Jordan tv series pilot
« on: February 09, 2015, 09:14:29 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Not sure if anyone on here is into the wheel of time series by Robert Jordan. I'm currently reading the books and am on book 4. Got a ways to go I know lol.

Anyways yesterday on feb 9, 2015 a pilot for a tv series based on the books was aired. Not sure what this is leading to but I thought I'd share it. Below is the entire thing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cvNYIEN1vIg&feature=youtu.be

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Re: "The wheel of time" by Robert Jordan tv series pilot
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 09:40:43 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
The production company made a terrible show to retain the rights to the series, then they paid FXX to air it, as if they were some infomercial company.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 09:43:43 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Not sure if anyone on here is into the wheel of time series by Robert Jordan. I'm currently reading the books and am on book 4. Got a ways to go I know lol.

Anyways yesterday on feb 9, 2015 a pilot for a tv series based on the books was aired. Not sure what this is leading to but I thought I'd share it. Below is the entire thing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cvNYIEN1vIg&feature=youtu.be
keep reading them. it is a wonderful and addicting series. a few later books are not as strong as i would like, but i still couldnt put them down.

as for a TV series, i might actually break down and buy a TV to watch it.

i am almost jealous that you now get to read them for the first time.  enjoy!!!  :D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 10:08:54 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I will keep reading them. They're real good. Thanks.

Yeah IP I heard the ppl who owned the rights basically has to do something or they lost the rights. Guess there's a good chance we won't see billy Zane as Ishmael again anytime soon.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 10:40:20 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
The production company made a terrible show to retain the rights to the series, then they paid FXX to air it, as if they were some infomercial company.

So you're saying we'll have to wait a really, really long time before the plot gets moving again?