Author Topic: Bring Will Solomon back  (Read 32094 times)

Re: Bring Will Solomon back
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2009, 11:17:00 AM »

Offline farringa

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
The Celtics victory last night just felt hollow... so I went for a drive. I didn't know where I was going. As I worked my way out of town, and onto the old country road, I started to drive faster. Faster than I ever thought I'd have the nerve to go. I suppose it is because my life seems so meaningless now that Will is gone.

Some time later, I really don't know how long, I came out of my trance, tears running down my face, and I looked up at the sky. It was so beautiful... I slowed down, and pulled over.

It was too dark to see really, but I could make out a wood fence on along the side of the road. Probably farm land, I thought. I lay on the hood of the car, looking up at the stars. I could pick out the constellations Will had shown me, and as I cried I thought of him. And then, as I gazed up at those stars, I was comforted. "Maybe," I thought, "somewhere, Will is looking up at the same stars..." A smile slowly formed on my face.

I heard a noise off to the right, behind the fence. It jumped me at first. I felt my way off the hood of the car, ready to get in and speed away. Then the noise came again. Small and faint. "Wiiiiiiiill." I squinted, and approached the fence. As I reached it, and placed my quaking hands on it to steady myself, I began to peer out into the darkness. As my eyes adjusted, I realized the source of the noise was right in front of me. A cow stood staring back at me, within inches of my face. Startled, I fell back onto the grassy bank leading up to the road. "Moooooooooo..."

And then I laughed. Oh how Will would have loved to hear this story. Come back Will!

« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2009, 11:18:23 AM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 186
The Celtics victory last night just felt hollow... so I went for a drive. I didn't know where I was going. As I worked my way out of town, and onto the old country road, I started to drive faster. Faster than I ever thought I'd have the nerve to go. I suppose it is because my life seems so meaningless now that Will is gone.

Some time later, I really don't know how long, I came out of my trance, tears running down my face, and I looked up at the sky. It was so beautiful... I slowed down, and pulled over.

It was too dark to see really, but I could make out a wood fence on along the side of the road. Probably farm land, I thought. I lay on the hood of the car, looking up at the stars. I could pick out the constellations Will had shown me, and as I cried I thought of him. And then, as I gazed up at those stars, I was comforted. "Maybe," I thought, "somewhere, Will is looking up at the same stars..." This brought me comfort, and I a smile slowly formed on my face.

I heard a noise off to the right, behind the fence. It jumped me at first. I felt my way off the hood of the car, ready to get in and speed away. Then the noise came again. Small and faint. "Wiiiiiiiill." I squinted, and approached the fence. As I reached it, and placed my quaking hands on it to steady myself, I began to peer out into the darkness. As my eyes adjusted, I realized the source of the noise was right in front of me. A cow stood staring back at me, within inches of my face. Started, I fell back onto the grassy bank leading up to the road. "Moooooooooo..."

And then I laughed. Oh how Will would have loved to hear this story. Come back Will!

A tribute to Celtic's post -- nice.  TP
Call me a sap, but I love my kids more than anything!

« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2009, 11:20:54 AM »

Offline farringa

• Oshae Brissett

It was too dark to see really, but I could make out a wood fence on along the side of the road. Probably farm land, I thought. I lay on the hood of the car, looking up at the stars. I could pick out the constellations Will had shown me, and as I cried I thought of him. And then, as I gazed up at those stars, I was comforted. "Maybe," I thought, "somewhere, Will is looking up at the same stars..." This brought me comfort, and I a smile slowly formed on my face.

I heard a noise off to the right, behind the fence. It jumped me at first. I felt my way off the hood of the car, ready to get in and speed away. Then the noise came again. Small and faint. "Wiiiiiiiill." I squinted, and approached the fence. As I reached it, and placed my quaking hands on it to steady myself, I began to peer out into the darkness. As my eyes adjusted, I realized the source of the noise was right in front of me. A cow stood staring back at me, within inches of my face. Started, I fell back onto the grassy bank leading up to the road. "Moooooooooo..."

A tribute to Celtic's post -- nice.  TP

His ability to cope with this tragedy is an inspiration to us all.

« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2009, 12:44:37 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43

I could pick out the constellations Will had shown me, and as I cried I thought of him. And then, as I gazed up at those stars, I was comforted. "Maybe," I thought, "somewhere, Will is looking up at the same stars..." A smile slowly formed on my face.

When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2009, 01:11:58 PM »

Offline farringa

• Oshae Brissett

I could pick out the constellations Will had shown me, and as I cried I thought of him. And then, as I gazed up at those stars, I was comforted. "Maybe," I thought, "somewhere, Will is looking up at the same stars..." A smile slowly formed on my face.

Haha, precisely!

« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2009, 12:24:22 AM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
 :D @ this topic.

« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2009, 11:50:07 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
There's still hope for next year, come back Will, come back! They didn't know what they had over there in Sacramento, they didn't know how to treat you, come home, baby, come home.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/58414/20090408/sacramento_waives_will_solomon/

"The Kings requested waivers on Will Solomon on Wednesday. Solomon joined Sacramento in February and played in 14 games."

« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2009, 12:03:53 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
This thread was inevitable.

« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2009, 12:11:05 PM »

Offline SSFan V

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177

People here at work have been stopping by my office wondering why they've been hearing sobs......sobs of joy I have been telling them, sobs of joy!
sometimes you have to bite your lip, exhale and move on.  So, I have.

« Reply #99 on: July 10, 2009, 03:03:36 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Plan A!
Yup