Author Topic: Bring Will Solomon back  (Read 32079 times)

Re: Bring Will Solomon back
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2009, 03:01:02 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I just went for a walk, didn't mean to, but I ended up by Will's old place, and I... I couldn't help but look up to see if the lights were on. I knew they wouldn't be, but I had to look, it wasn't the darkness, it was the absence of light that got to me. Next thing I knew I was going to all our old places, the park where we first met, the ice cream parlor, that little coffee shop that was our special place. Every time the door opened I kept looking up, hopeful, only to have my heart ripped from me yet again.

After about an hour of sitting around, hoping against hope, I realized Will was gone. I decided to get some air, walked down the old train tracks, kicking pebbles, sipping cheap whiskey from my paper bag wrapped bottle. When I heard that familiar sound of a Train coming my way, I stood there frozen not sure what to do without Will. Thoughts swirled through my mind, dark things, things I never thought possible. But no, this isn't what Will would want, Will always saw the best in people, things, he would want me to be strong. So I moved, I had to, it's what Will would have wanted, it's all he would have settled for. He was right, I knew he was.

I wandered for a while longer, before staggering home to watch the shell of the Celtics, it wouldn't be the same. Sure the team was still there, but was it? How could they forget him so quickly, how could they move on? Why can't I?

That was brilliant.
Just brilliant.

:)
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2009, 05:18:34 AM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
so this was what it was like when the babe was traded to ny

« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2009, 03:30:04 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
Thanks for all the kind words... if only they could bring Will back.

« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2009, 04:30:53 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Hey guys, I want to thank everyone again for getting me through the whole mess last week - I know your support and sympathy was a huge help for me, and hopefully I might have helped some of you too.

Anyway, this might be too soon, and it might not be the right place to say this, but...

Did anyone else notice Will Bynum on TV last night?!?!?!?

ME :o W!!!

« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2009, 04:38:17 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
I was asleep last night, and Will came to me, and he whispered softly in my ear, "it's going to be all right, we all get through these times" then he slowly floated away, I tried to follow him, but I couldn't move.  When I woke up, I had my Authentic Sol Jersey wrapped around me, but I didn't remember going to bed with it on.  I think I'm going to be ok....
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2009, 06:00:12 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
I miss Willie!

« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2009, 06:01:54 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2009, 06:08:42 PM »

Offline Quinn

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 28
/sigh.
will this thread ever die?
 8)
Practice? Whatchu talkin about practice?

« Reply #83 on: March 01, 2009, 12:25:45 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
you can track Willie here, it makes it a little better to see him flourish, but saddens me, for I know now what could have been http://www.nba.com/playerfile/willie_solomon/index.html?nav=page

« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2009, 12:34:52 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
this made me think, what if we had an all Will/Willie team, it'd be sick

Will Bynum
Will Solomon
Willie Green
William (Bill) Walker
William (Bill) Russell

6th Man - William (Bill) Walton
William (Bill) Cartwright
Will Avery
Will Conroy
Will Purdue

its pretty obvious from this list, Will is a solid solid name to name your kid, he could be the next Willie Solomon!

« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2009, 12:39:29 PM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 186
If we'd kept Will, the Celts would have been in a position to possibly get Gooden while still having an all-star caliber back up PG.
Call me a sap, but I love my kids more than anything!

« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2009, 12:50:40 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
If we'd kept Will, the Celts would have been in a position to possibly get Gooden while still having an all-star caliber back up PG.

If Will stayed, it would have been tough for Rondo to keep his starting spot...and Ray too, Doc could have put 4 guys on the floor and still beat anyone in the league

« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2009, 08:41:54 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
/sigh.
will this thread ever die?
 8)

Trying to redirect the Will Solomon spark before it turns into a full fledged inferno in the 5 Favorite C moments thread.

Will Solomon was sweaty awesome.
Yup

« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2009, 10:33:50 AM »

Offline SShorefan 4.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 186
I am pretty sure that Will Solomon and Roy Hobbs are related.

"Bring Will Solomon back"?????? 

Spiritually speaking, was Will ever gone?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 10:40:58 AM by SShorefan 4.0 »
Call me a sap, but I love my kids more than anything!

« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2009, 10:56:24 AM »

Offline farringa

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
I just went for a walk, didn't mean to, but I ended up by Will's old place, and I... I couldn't help but look up to see if the lights were on. I knew they wouldn't be, but I had to look, it wasn't the darkness, it was the absence of light that got to me. Next thing I knew I was going to all our old places, the park where we first met, the ice cream parlor, that little coffee shop that was our special place. Every time the door opened I kept looking up, hopeful, only to have my heart ripped from me yet again.

After about an hour of sitting around, hoping against hope, I realized Will was gone. I decided to get some air, walked down the old train tracks, kicking pebbles, sipping cheap whiskey from my paper bag wrapped bottle. When I heard that familiar sound of a Train coming my way, I stood there frozen not sure what to do without Will. Thoughts swirled through my mind, dark things, things I never thought possible. But no, this isn't what Will would want, Will always saw the best in people, things, he would want me to be strong. So I moved, I had to, it's what Will would have wanted, it's all he would have settled for. He was right, I knew he was.

I wandered for a while longer, before staggering home to watch the shell of the Celtics, it wouldn't be the same. Sure the team was still there, but was it? How could they forget him so quickly, how could they move on? Why can't I?

Amazing. TP!