Author Topic: LeBron James calls out Rob Manfred about Astros’ sign-stealing scandal  (Read 12679 times)

Re: LeBron James calls out Rob Manfred about Astros’ sign-stealing scandal
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2020, 03:08:03 PM »

Offline greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585
Rob Manfred doesn’t need to do anything further. The Astros title doesn’t need an asterisk either. In the eyes of the public, the damage has already been done to the Astros themselves. For a comparison, does anyone think of Bonds as having the single season home run record? If not him, do you think of McGuire, the previous record holder? Or do you still think of Roger Maris as being the true single season record holder? I don’t need an asterisk to tell me it’s Maris.

I find it laughable that other MLB players are complaining about this after the fact. There is no way in all of creation, that opposing players and coaches didn’t catch on to what the Astros were doing, when they played them. How come no one said anything before the former Astros whistleblower? Did no one file a report with MLB demanding an investigation before this former Astros whistleblower? If the Astros were banging on garbage cans, how could the umpires (besides players and coaches) not pick up on it?

What the Astros players did was clearly wrong. I also think taking performance enhancers was wrong too, but apparently the players felt differently since the only effect on them was basically increased salaries.

The problem with this scenario is that in your case, and my case as well, the steroid scandal is a recent incident.  50 years from now its going to be an answer for a trivia question, but if a youngster grabs a baseball record book, or if a graphic is displayed on a TV of all time home run leaders.  Its still going to inform everyone that the record holder is Barry Bonds, with no mention of steroids and why we should disregard it.

Vacating the world series win is the right thing to do.  This will shut everybody up and discourage any future behavior
Greg

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2020, 03:46:29 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
LeBron should just mind his business and stick to basketball.

Also, still hate Goodell. Worst commissioner of all time.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2020, 04:58:26 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/story/2020-02-18/lakers-lebron-james-weighs-in-on-the-astros-sign-stealing-scandal

LeBron James Twitter
@KingJames
Listen I know I don’t play baseball but I am in Sports and I know if someone cheated me out of winning the title and I found out about it I would be F*^king irate! I mean like uncontrollable about what I would/could do! Listen here baseball commissioner listen to your players speaking today about how disgusted, mad, hurt, broken, etc etc about this. Literally the ball(⚾️) is in your court(or should I say field) and you need to fix this for the sake of Sports! #JustMyThoughtsComingFromASportsJunkieRegardlessMyOwnSportIPlay

I don't understand why he is getting involved...

The whole sidetrack comment regarding China (because it hurt his brand) and now this...

When he says to Manfred, listen to your players... what is he hoping that the outcome is?  fine all the Astros players involved?

LeBron should just mind his business and stick to basketball.

Also, still hate Goodell. Worst commissioner of all time.

So should every fan of sports and non-MLB player also just mind their own business and not publicly opine on the scandal?

He's just a guy with an opinion and sharing that opinion.  The same way many regular people or entertainment personalities have been sharing their opinions on this story.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur