Author Topic: Does everybody forget we went to a game 7 less than a year ago  (Read 1045 times)

Offline celticpride1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 40
With the same team that we have now if Irving bolts? Why is everybody freaking about a rebuild. It’s not like KG Pierce when they are 37 years old. Team is young and we have the future. LeBron is 35 and will be on the decline this year. Stop freaking out and let’s see what the future holds. Three picks let’s see what we do with them in this draft.

Re: Does everybody forget we went to a game 7 less than a year ago
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2019, 11:41:06 AM »

Offline GreenCoffeeBean

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 91
This horse has been beat to death at least a thousand times. The East was weak that year.

To add a little more nuance: I think we can live somewhere between "The youth on this team can be champs now" and "We should blow it up." I think we owe it to the youth, given the potential they showed showed, to give them a year or two together.

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2019, 11:46:36 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
This horse has been beat to death at least a thousand times. The East was weak that year.

Yeah, it's hard to re-create magic - see Linsanity. Besides, Horford was the lead dog of that team and we don't even know if he still wants to be here...he's also not getting any younger.

It was a fun ride, but it's probably the reason Kyrie is leaving us right now. Everybody is so confident that we are better without him because ECF! I guess those people will get their wish and we will hope for the best.

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 11:53:50 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Do we really have to go through this again? Sounds like a Boston Celtics company line.

The East was the sh**z last season.

Milwaukee and Philly were vastly inferior to what they were this year and they DID also lose to a hapless Cavs team with Lebron, Kevin Love and a bunch off castoffs.

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 01:10:12 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Fools gold, sorry but that was more of a result of an extremely weak Eastern Conference. It was the culmination of years of the East being much weaker than the West. So much so that there was talk of taking more teams from the West and qualifying them for playoffs. Three teams in the West would have beaten the Celtics in 2017-18 finals if they won. 

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2019, 01:35:38 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Yeah, it's hard to re-create magic - see Linsanity. Besides, Horford was the lead dog of that team and we don't even know if he still wants to be here...he's also not getting any younger.

It was a fun ride, but it's probably the reason Kyrie is leaving us right now. Everybody is so confident that we are better without him because ECF! I guess those people will get their wish and we will hope for the best.

They should be careful what they wish for.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2019, 01:45:24 PM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
East Finals Game 7 you say? Against Cavs? I mean, against LeBrick and mediocres?? I see that as a lost series, not great run.

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2019, 02:14:07 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
I usually forget things that are meaningless.

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2019, 02:17:16 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
yeah a cluster mess up of a player like the malcontent will do that to you. I just saw some of the video breakdown from the Bucks series and it was obvious the guy had checked out. Danny should have traded him.