Author Topic: Patriots Dynasty Documentary  (Read 3538 times)

Patriots Dynasty Documentary
« on: January 10, 2024, 12:18:01 AM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
https://youtu.be/bfvL2TaRvu8?feature=shared

The Dynasty: New England Patriots is set to be released on Feb. 16 on Apple TV+ as a 10-part series.

It is directed by Matthew Hamachek, who directed a Tiger Woods documentary for HBO in 2021, and produced by Brian Grazer and Ron Howard’s Imagine Documentaries.

The film will tell the story of the franchise’s historic run of success under Bill Belichick and Tom Brady, featuring interviews with the coach and quarterback, as well as owner Robert Kraft.
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

Re: Patriots Dynasty Documentary
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2024, 11:16:05 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
I won't watch this, but am curious if Bill Parcells will be mentioned. I still believe Parcells is the most significant hire in Patriots history, as he laid the foundation for the eventual dynasty.

Without him, Robert Kraft would not have formed a relationship with Belichick. I can't imagine Kraft would have hired Bill without knowing him, as Belichick didn't have the greatest reputation (failed head coach) back then other than being a defensive mastermind.

I don't remember everyone, but didn't Belichick hire mostly former Parcells guys, in not only on the coaching staff but front office as well.

We can't forget all the players that Parcells drafted that were key pieces, not just on the field, but also in the locker room.

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2024, 03:17:15 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Yup, Bill definitely ran Brady out.

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/tom-brady-admits-his-departure-from-patriots-was-due-to-bill-belichick

It's been proven that Bill is nothing without Brady. Bill doesn't even have a job for cry sakes lol. His analysis of Brady declining is horrid. See what happened when Brady won in his first year with Tampa? Boom.

Patriots' dynasty was 90% Brady, i'll leave the 10% to whoever else.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2024, 06:43:10 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Watched the first two episodes. Man I loved it.  Takes you down memory lane. The video footage is extraordinary.  I highly recommend it. Can't wait to see Episodes 3 and 4 which air on Friday.

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2024, 10:48:40 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nfl/tom-brady-admits-his-departure-from-patriots-was-due-to-bill-belichick

It's been proven that Bill is nothing without Brady. Bill doesn't even have a job for cry sakes lol. His analysis of Brady declining is horrid. See what happened when Brady won in his first year with Tampa? Boom.

"I could never have been the player I was without you Coach Belichick - Tom Brady. It’s weird you hold more animosity for bill than Brady does. What is it about?

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2024, 10:59:50 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321

False. Brady admits that Belichick made him the QB that he became. They both devoured football more than the competition. They made each other better.

Bill is a prick, no doubt. It still doesn't mean that people need to make stuff up.

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2024, 11:38:54 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

False. Brady admits that Belichick made him the QB that he became. They both devoured football more than the competition. They made each other better.

Bill is a prick, no doubt. It still doesn't mean that people need to make stuff up.

Very well said. I honestly can’t for the life of me understand the people that want to rewrite history to try and discredit someone else’s accomplishments after the fact. It makes zero sense and it comes off as just showing a lack of knowledge of the history of the game. The patriots beat the rams in 2019 by not giving up a third down conversion and holding them to three points. Brady had zero touchdowns and one interception. His qb rating was 71.4. Giving Brady 90% of the credit for that is something they would be embarrassed to say on first take. The first Super Bowl against the rams Brady was Trent dilfer and he would tell you that himself. He had a 145 yards. I really hope I don’t have to read any more of this stuff in the patriots threads cause it just makes me frustrated with the forum.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 11:46:11 PM by celticsclay »

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2024, 06:38:44 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
I watched the first four episodes. Pretty good so far. My only critique is that I think they're going to spend 1/2 of the production on scandals. I think they glossed over two amazing Super Bowl runs, and spent a lot of time on Spygate. I know that controversy sells, but I think there's disproportionate time spent on that versus the actual games. I'm wondering how much time is going to be spent talking about Aaron Hernandez and Deflategate vs actual football.

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2024, 09:20:17 AM »

Offline Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 264
  • International Superstar
I watched the first four episodes. Pretty good so far. My only critique is that I think they're going to spend 1/2 of the production on scandals. I think they glossed over two amazing Super Bowl runs, and spent a lot of time on Spygate. I know that controversy sells, but I think there's disproportionate time spent on that versus the actual games. I'm wondering how much time is going to be spent talking about Aaron Hernandez and Deflategate vs actual football.

On the other hand, how much more can you talk about the actual football?
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2024, 11:08:02 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
Felt the 3rd and 4th episodes were not as good.  Too much time on spygate, not enough on their 2nd and 3rd Super Bowls, hardly any footage of that.
I guess this is intended for a national audience, and not Patriot fans, per se.

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2024, 11:16:08 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Felt the 3rd and 4th episodes were not as good.  Too much time on spygate, not enough on their 2nd and 3rd Super Bowls, hardly any footage of that.

I heard that.

How the hell do they gloss over '03 & 04?  That's one of the most insane stretches in football history.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2024, 05:05:54 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff

I heard that.

How the hell do they gloss over '03 & 04?  That's one of the most insane stretches in football history.

Much like Jackson/Brittany Mahomes, Taylor Swift, and Andy Reid's son with a DUI will make the Chiefs dynasty documentary over actual football. It's foolish.

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2024, 04:47:16 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
The Deflategate gonna get lots of attention lol. Peter King admitted and had regrets over his reporting on that "controversy"

To this day there are still haters who believed them deflating the balls bcuz why Brady didn't turn in his phone, destroying it, yada yada. And some complaining Brady had a rest advantage in 2016 for sitting out the first four weeks of the season making that 28-3 Superbowl invalid 😂

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2024, 05:23:46 PM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
The Deflategate gonna get lots of attention lol. Peter King admitted and had regrets over his reporting on that "controversy"

To this day there are still haters who believed them deflating the balls bcuz why Brady didn't turn in his phone, destroying it, yada yada. And some complaining Brady had a rest advantage in 2016 for sitting out the first four weeks of the season making that 28-3 Superbowl invalid 😂

I believe Brady told the trainers to deflate balls to his specification. I also don't think it affected the results of games. Tom would have figured out how to win with a beach ball.

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2024, 06:16:12 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

I believe Brady told the trainers to deflate balls to his specification. I also don't think it affected the results of games. Tom would have figured out how to win with a beach ball.

I'm surprised the ball boys haven't finally spoken out, one way or another.  I can't imagine they are still employed by the Patriots.