Author Topic: 2023-2024 NCAAF Official Thread  (Read 59104 times)

Re: 2023-2024 NCAAF Official Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2023, 02:52:10 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
Colorado is off to a good start and they certainly have studs. But I gotta be real, the hype with them and all the shenanigans is becoming real tiring. I mean, they literally had to go 2OT against a bad Colorado State team at home, a team they were favored by 24 points going into it. They'll probably get crushed by Oregon and USC the next two weeks, and Hunter being out is not ideal for them

Been hearing too much of their hype recently. Prime Time will be put in his place and will learn it the hard way. OU will rekt havoc next week. They just need a little wake-up call.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2023, 03:38:43 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Colorado is off to a good start and they certainly have studs. But I gotta be real, the hype with them and all the shenanigans is becoming real tiring. I mean, they literally had to go 2OT against a bad Colorado State team at home, a team they were favored by 24 points going into it. They'll probably get crushed by Oregon and USC the next two weeks, and Hunter being out is not ideal for them

I would agree and I'm a Colorado alumni. I'm just happy they're relevant and getting some TV time though I'm too old to stay up until 2am watching a football game like I did last night.

Their defense leaves me a little worried.  It felt like CSU converted every third down they had.  While they ran away from Nebraska in the second half the first half was a bit underwhelming considering the oppoenent.  All the personal foul penalties in that Nebraska game was really annoying me.

I'll be rooting for them but I think they get a sobering wake up call these next two weeks (Oregon and USC).

Oh for sure, Colorado is firmly on the map again and there's a lot of deserved buzz with them

It's just the sunglasses, hats, "motivational speeches", starting beef with other teams/players, is that all really necessary every single week? That's just my issue
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2023, 03:37:49 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
This is hilarious.

Adam Lichtenstein
@ABLichtenstein
Hurricanes tight end Cam McCormick said he is petitioning the ACC for a ninth year of eligibility so he can have the option of returning to Miami if he wants to.

He said that was already granted by the PAC-12, but he obviously is no longer playing in that conference.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2023, 09:22:23 AM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
No complaining about this week's schedule.  6 top 25 matchups plus other games of interest including Florida State at Clemson and Auburn at Texas A&M. 

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2023, 02:29:15 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Clemson looking good today. Florida State hasn't really impressed me since beating LSU Week 1. Nearly lost to BC last week too.

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2023, 04:12:34 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Colorado already down 13-0 early in the 1st to Oregon. They'll get crushed today and next week.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 04:18:54 PM by Phantom255x »

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2023, 04:24:58 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
BC already down 21-0 and might become 28-0 soon... in the 2nd quarter.

Really is sad to see what the program has become. Can't find any competent QB and Hafley is a colossal joke. No clue how he's still HC

I'm not even an alumni there but have friends who are (or currently attending) and live in the Boston area, but they really are irrelevant now. Even within the ACC nobody cares about them

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2023, 04:34:48 PM »

Online RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104
Colorado already down 13-0 early in the 1st to Oregon. They'll get crushed today and next week.

Oregon is toying with them and it's only early second quarter.  Fake punt on their own 17 yard line.

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2023, 05:16:11 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Oregon is toying with them and it's only early second quarter.  Fake punt on their own 17 yard line.

Now it's 35-0 lol. Colorado's defense is horrendous, even the commentators are saying that some of their guys aren't even lining up or covering a WR for Oregon which is why they have so many open guys. Oregon's offense is fantastic but Colorado's defense is brutally bad too. USC will likely put up 40+ on them next week easily

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2023, 05:23:05 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

That is the ultimate sign of disrespect.  You're just not in our league so I can make a really dumb play call. 

« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2023, 05:29:38 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

That is the ultimate sign of disrespect.  You're just not in our league so I can make a really dumb play call.

Lanning (Oregon's HC) had some pretty strong words in both the pregame speech to his team and the quick halftime interview he just did. Basically dissing Prime and Colorado. Though tbh I think we'll see a lot more of this in the coming weeks with USC and others too. Colorado did kind of act cocky over the past few weeks and I think they're gonna get humbled real soon. The fans and media love it but I think these other teams/players are getting sick of Prime and the Colorado players and all the shenanigans. Even Colorado State's coach did it last week to them and nearly pulled off the upset

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2023, 05:49:30 PM »

Online RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104

It was critical too.  CU finally got a stop and they'd have good field position after the punt.

Instead Oregon brings it down the field, scores and instead of getting the ball midfield down by 13 the Buffs go down 21

« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2023, 07:10:48 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson

It was critical too.  CU finally got a stop and they'd have good field position after the punt.

Instead Oregon brings it down the field, scores and instead of getting the ball midfield down by 13 the Buffs go down 21
Oregon would have blown away CU regardless of the success of that play.  CU didn't have anything offensively or defensively for Oregon.  522 total yards to 199 total yards. 

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2023, 09:02:12 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
No Travis Hunter but didn't matter regardless, Buffalos were eviscerated by a more stronger team.

Minus the garbage time TD and they were completely shut out, silencing Primetime. It gets worse for them moving forward. USC next on their schedule.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2023, 10:23:14 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
4th and less than 1, let's do an end around. Ridiculous
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip