Author Topic: Official 2008 Beijing Olympics Thread  (Read 73518 times)

Re: Official 2008 Beijing Olympics Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2008, 10:40:25 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 923
That's ridiculous there has to be a live feed somewhere on the net you can watch.

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2008, 10:43:28 AM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
I gotta give it to the Chinese.  THE PLACE IS ROCKING!
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2008, 10:46:34 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
That's ridiculous there has to be a live feed somewhere on the net you can watch.

You'd think.  I watched the NBA Finals over a Spanish website (they were interested because of Pau), but I have no chance navigating a Chinese site to find it.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2008, 10:50:56 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2008, 10:54:52 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
That's awesome!  I've always been a fan of the Slavs.  Everything they say sounds backwards.

By the way, you earned that TP and I'm pretty open handed with them.  One very often leads to two and you know what they say, "Anything that happens only once can never happen again, but if it happens twice, it's sure to happen a third time."

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2008, 10:56:21 AM »

Offline Kwhit10

• Antoine Walker
That feed is actually about 4 seconds ahead of NBC too. Glad it worked.

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2008, 11:07:40 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
The US team should of put me on the roster instead of Tayshaun Prince. I'd have a better chance of getting some playing time. ;)
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2008, 11:12:38 AM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
I am not too impressed with team USA.  They gotta stop playing like it's a show, and start playing like it's to win.  China is playing really well though.  The place is incredibly loud.  This Olympics is making me want to go to China.  The people are so incredibly pumped about sports.  Yo, how is archery a sport?
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2008, 11:13:41 AM »

Offline celticmaestro

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 81
  • "Love is the soul of a true Irishman"
The US team should of put me on the roster instead of Tayshaun Prince. I'd have a better chance of getting some playing time. ;)

of course "me" being the actual chief, right? ;)

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2008, 11:19:19 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
Yo, how is archery a sport?

I loved watching archery today.  It was amazing the kind of control they had to have.  When they drew the string back and waited to get a good shot you could see the entire bow shaking with their heartbeat.  Seriously.

« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2008, 11:58:16 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
Anyone catch the Australia/Croatia game? I know they played bad and espcially Bogut. But can someone please tell me more about it.

I'm absolutely furious and fuming right now as the channel here down under showed only the 3rd Qtr, and only half of the third quarter. I waited since 10pm (the start of game time here) till 11:45pm to watch 15 minutes, which only 5 minutes were actual action.  >:(  GYmnastics and hockey? You got to be kidding me they take priorities over Australian basketball here. Oh, did I tell you they promised to show the full game live previously? Argh. Absolutely disgusting!

Sorry to express my feelings here, but I just had to. So anyway who got to watch the game?

From what I saw, Australia occasionally pressured from 3/4 court and sometimes played trap as well. But they were played half-heartedly, which spells disaster. And I didn't get to see Joe Ingles at all in the short period of time, my guess is he didn't get to play much whole game? That's not very smart move by the Boomers, Ingles is a great talent and is VERY good defensively and he's part of why Australian defence has been tenacious.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 12:04:28 PM by kw10 »
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2008, 01:24:45 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Anyone catch the women's weightlifting. I had my money on the gal with the goatee. :D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 02:34:06 PM by Chief »
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2008, 01:29:36 PM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
That's awesome!  I've always been a fan of the Slavs.  
They don`t think they are slavs .. (sorry couldn`t help it)

I didn`t like US either. Instead of Team USA it should USA All Stars. China didn`t play any defense and the Americans had easy dunks-lay ups all the time. They don`t run plays in offense. Three - four passes tops and the last receiver goes to the basket. That`s not bball. And maybe they should stop all the "i wanna be like Magic" no look behind the back passes.
Collangelo came up with the 3 year plan and he was right but i don`t see any improvement.

Spain is gonna give them a very hard time.

i've read on the papers today a quote from Lebron. The journalist asked him who he`d like to meet from all the athletes in the OG. His answer was no one. Isn`t it a little arrogant or it`s just me?

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2008, 02:02:56 PM »

Offline Amonkey

• Bailey Howell

I didn`t like US either. Instead of Team USA it should USA All Stars. China didn`t play any defense and the Americans had easy dunks-lay ups all the time. They don`t run plays in offense. Three - four passes tops and the last receiver goes to the basket. That`s not bball. And maybe they should stop all the "i wanna be like Magic" no look behind the back passes.
Collangelo came up with the 3 year plan and he was right but i don`t see any improvement.

I agree with you.  When you're trying hard to finish every play with a dunk it's not basketball.  Those guys were playing like it was a All Star game.  The thing that bothered me is that the way they played the whole game and the only difference between the first and second half is China's lack of depth.  I thought USA was gonna wake up and play for real at some point, but they were doing the whole dunk contest thing the entire game.    Eventually China cooled off from the 3 and US got away.

That means that if two of the weakest basketball teams in the group can keep up with the USA when their shots are falling, then what's going to happen when they play an actual good team.  One that keep the good play for a more extensive amount of time.

I am trying to make a bet with my Lithuanian friends that USA will beat them if they play in the playoffs, but I am not very confident in a win as I was before.
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2008, 02:35:58 PM »

Offline BigThreePeat

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 15
i love that they are playing the old NBA on NBC theme during this USA/China game.   It reminds me how much better NBA coverage was on NBC back in the day.  I feel like we were a little robbed by not getting to watch Bob Costas talk about the Celtics during our championship run.