Author Topic: UFC & Affliction Saturday 7/19 - Preview and Predictions  (Read 10389 times)

Re: UFC & Affliction Saturday 7/19 - Preview and Predictions
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2008, 12:49:51 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I won't watch UFC anymore since the rigged fight where they stole Rampages title :)

Rampage may not have been his usual self in that fight (I think the recent news confirms he's got some kind of problems to deal with right now), but there's just no way he won that fight.

I watched the affliction event last night, mainly to finally see a live Fedor fight. All I can say is Fedor is TOUGH. It was a chokeout win, but if you saw the fight, you saw TS take a couple looping shots and flat out wilt. When he went knees down and covered up, he was basically asking Fedor to end the fight right there.

Fedor is definitely the real deal. He had no smack talk interviews about the fight with Sylvia, they showed him lounging and playing cards in the back room the entire time before his fight, he destroyed Sylvia in 30 seconds and didn't even seem that excited or surprised about it! Afterwards he said he'd be honored to fight Randy Couture next. I hope CA can get his UFC situation worked out quickly, because that would be one hell of a fight between two high class individuals (and Randy is not getting any younger :-\).

Fedor would crush Randy.  It would look a lot like the Fedor/Sylvia fight.  I have no interest at all in seeing that fight.

That was our first reaction when we heard that during the post-fight. I wouldn't bet against Fedor, but Randy would come in with a gameplan, which is a lot different from how Sylvia fights. I think he could put up a decent fight. Hell, he put Sylvia on his ass just as hard as Fedor did 10 seconds into his fight as well, he just couldn't finish it.

Sylvia had a major back injury going into the fight with Sylvia.  He ended up having surgery right after it.  That fight is different if Sylvia is healthy going into it.  And Randy still couldn't finish him, is now almost 2 years older, and hasn't fought in a year.  Fedor will crush Randy.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip