Author Topic: NBA 2020-2021 Season Thread  (Read 206480 times)

Re: NBA 2020-2021 Season Thread
« Reply #420 on: January 19, 2021, 08:13:30 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Bane is just going to be one of those picks that haunt me....

Just made for Brad’s offense.

Let's hope Nesmith picks it up at some point. But, yeah, in hindsight, I think if Danny knew Bane would be available at #30, it would have made a lot of sense to trade #14 for a future similarly rated pick.

I don't think Bane has star written all over him or anything, but at least he would be playable right now.
You don't draft players to be playable in a contending team's rotation after 11 games. You draft them to be developed to reach their ceiling years from now....on their 2nd or 3rd contract.

How about we give Nesmith more than a few games into his rookie year before deciding, in hindsight, it would have been better trading that pick for a future pick. Nesmith could well have a Terry Rozier-like developmental curve.

Oh, I understand how drafting works - I've been a basketball fan for a long long time. I will confirm that I think it would have been better for this team - now and in the future - to pick Bane this year and have another late lottery pick for the future.

I've been sticking up for Nesmith all over the place - I like the way he moves, his effort, his body, his sidestep when he regathers for an open 3, etc., but I am not going to pretend that I wouldn't rather have a player similar to him (and producing more right now as as bonus) AND a late lottery pick.

« Reply #421 on: January 19, 2021, 08:21:07 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I like this Warriors team. They are showing grit despite the lack of experience.
not really a team. It’s steph curry and a bunch of other random scrubs lol

We never saw The full greatness of steph curry because every year he is surrounded by talent
He looked greater surrounded by talent.  I feel bad for him because now he has to jack up difficult shots even when he's not hot.  The greatest 3 point shooter of all time is shooting around the league average so far this year.
Stephen Curry existed before 2015 - look at what he did in 2013 and 2014 where he shot over 40% from three on almost 8 attempts per game as the offensive engine of those defensively-inclined Warriors squads.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #422 on: January 19, 2021, 09:37:05 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
If the Warriors still had Klay healthy they'd be a threat in the West IMO. Not the favorites, but probably a legit Top-4 team. Remember, not only does Klay bring additional scoring, but he also plays great defense.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #423 on: January 19, 2021, 12:04:17 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
If the Warriors still had Klay healthy they'd be a threat in the West IMO. Not the favorites, but probably a legit Top-4 team. Remember, not only does Klay bring additional scoring, but he also plays great defense.
Mostly man defence though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y589G84w03E
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #424 on: January 19, 2021, 05:10:35 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Would still be night and day more useful for the Warriors than Oubre, who has been trash on both ends. Especially with Wiggins’ impressive (if not borderline unbelievable) growth into a solid defender.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #425 on: January 20, 2021, 01:48:16 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Would still be night and day more useful for the Warriors than Oubre, who has been trash on both ends. Especially with Wiggins’ impressive (if not borderline unbelievable) growth into a solid defender.
Oh absolutely, I was just nitpicking about the use of the word elite regarding Klay's defence - he's not Michael Jordan on that end of the floor. Btw Wiggins showed flashes of defensive potential last season, it was why I was higher than most on the Warriors before the start of the season. Oubre has massively regressed though :(
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #426 on: January 20, 2021, 02:28:26 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Oh absolutely, I was just nitpicking about the use of the word elite regarding Klay's defence - he's not Michael Jordan on that end of the floor. Btw Wiggins showed flashes of defensive potential last season, it was why I was higher than most on the Warriors before the start of the season. Oubre has massively regressed though :(
I guess going from the T-Wolves to Draymond & the Warriors would help sort you out defensively, lol.

Dunno what the heck has happened to Oubre. I was never high on him, but he’s crapped the bed like crazy!

« Reply #427 on: January 20, 2021, 02:33:25 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528

Oh absolutely, I was just nitpicking about the use of the word elite regarding Klay's defense - he's not Michael Jordan on that end of the floor. Btw Wiggins showed flashes of defensive potential last season, it was why I was higher than most on the Warriors before the start of the season. Oubre has massively regressed though :(
I guess going from the T-Wolves to Draymond & the Warriors would help sort you out defensively, lol.

Dunno what the heck has happened to Oubre. I was never high on him, but he’s crapped the bed like crazy!
This video was made before Klay missed 2 seasons due to injury.
It is only logical to ask ourselves, will he be the same?
The answer is probably not.

But even with Klay defending less, his offense would still propel GSW to the top 4 in the west.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #428 on: January 20, 2021, 03:31:34 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Oh absolutely, I was just nitpicking about the use of the word elite regarding Klay's defense - he's not Michael Jordan on that end of the floor. Btw Wiggins showed flashes of defensive potential last season, it was why I was higher than most on the Warriors before the start of the season. Oubre has massively regressed though :(

This video was made before Klay missed 2 seasons due to injury.
It is only logical to ask ourselves, will he be the same?
The answer is probably not.

But even with Klay defending less, his offense would still propel GSW to the top 4 in the west.
Yeah GSW desperately needs a guy who can finish the open looks that Curry is generating right now.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #429 on: January 20, 2021, 08:18:37 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
The Brooklyn Big 3's debut leads to being down to Cavs 49-51 at halftime.

KD - 4-9 for 11 points

Kyrie - 8-10 for 17 points

Harden - 0-2 for 2 points

That's going to be the theme their entire tenure with one guy (ala Ray Allen) getting less touches and shots every night. We'll see how long Harden goes along with that.

« Reply #430 on: January 20, 2021, 08:25:12 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!

KD - 4-9 for 11 points

That's going to be the theme their entire tenure with one guy (ala Ray Allen) getting less touches and shots every night. We'll see how long Harden goes along with that.

I mean they've only played 1 half together. Lets give it more time lol
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #431 on: January 20, 2021, 09:42:42 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Nets and Cavs in double OT.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #432 on: January 21, 2021, 12:01:17 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

KD - 4-9 for 11 points

Pretty laughable how their best on-ball engine is getting the least touches lol. But hey at least Kyrie is getting his 2.5 post ups per game! ::)
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #433 on: January 21, 2021, 08:45:12 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

KD - 4-9 for 11 points

Pretty laughable how their best on-ball engine is getting the least touches lol. But hey at least Kyrie is getting his 2.5 post ups per game! ::)
[/quote
Head Coach Kyrie will have it no other way!

« Reply #434 on: January 21, 2021, 09:23:19 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
And that is why they should trade Kyrie.  He provides nothing they can't get from Harden offensively and Harden isn't a horrid defender like Irving is. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip