Author Topic: Celtics out of gas but still no 15th man!  (Read 13865 times)

Re: Celtics out of gas but still no 15th man!
« Reply #150 on: March 30, 2023, 10:02:57 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2665
  • bammokja
si a 15th player even necessary with the two way players being available? i am amazed this thread has gone on for 10 pages.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #151 on: March 30, 2023, 10:29:14 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
si a 15th player even necessary with the two way players being available? i am amazed this thread has gone on for 10 pages.

What's the reason to not add that player besides money?

« Reply #152 on: March 31, 2023, 12:17:05 AM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237

The two-way players aren’t eligible for the playoffs, unless their contract is converted to a regular one. So it’s possible that JD or Kabengele could be our 15th man if Brad decides to.

« Reply #153 on: April 07, 2023, 09:50:41 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Adrian Wojnarowski: The Utah Jazz are signing F Luka Samanic through the 2023-2024 season, a deal including guaranteed money and trigger dates, his agents George Roussakis and Mark Bartelstein of @PrioritySports tell ESPN. Samanic, 23, was the 19th overall pock to the Spurs in 2019. – via Twitter wojespn

Angry face.  Lol.  In fairness, though, we probably should have signed him since we didn't sign somebody who could provide help this year.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #154 on: April 07, 2023, 10:06:05 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985
Adrian Wojnarowski: The Utah Jazz are signing F Luka Samanic through the 2023-2024 season, a deal including guaranteed money and trigger dates, his agents George Roussakis and Mark Bartelstein of @PrioritySports tell ESPN. Samanic, 23, was the 19th overall pock to the Spurs in 2019. – via Twitter wojespn

Angry face.  Lol.  In fairness, though, we probably should have signed him since we didn't sign somebody who could provide help this year.

I remember your personal scouting report on him was that he wasn’t very good, so I moved on from him at that time.  Maybe Brad saw it also.  :)

« Reply #155 on: April 07, 2023, 10:51:46 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

I remember your personal scouting report on him was that he wasn’t very good, so I moved on from him at that time.  Maybe Brad saw it also.  :)

Yeah, truth be told the guy looks pretty mechanical and stiff out there a lot of the time, and doesn't seem to have a high BBIQ.  Or at least, he makes decisions slowly.  But, I would have signed him as a reward for his service.  I don't think he has a bright future, but I don't think that Champagnie does, either.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #156 on: April 07, 2023, 12:09:41 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985

Yeah, truth be told the guy looks pretty mechanical and stiff out there a lot of the time, and doesn't seem to have a high BBIQ.  Or at least, he makes decisions slowly.  But, I would have signed him as a reward for his service.  I don't think he has a bright future, but I don't think that Champagnie does, either.

Fair.  The difference between either of the two is marginal.  Champagnie, however, is 2-way eligible next season, while Samanic isn't now that he's getting service time this season.  With the third 2-way becoming available, there is some sense in using this spot as a 2-way audition for next season.